xbox 360 play and charge kit on pc for gamepad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tastyburger900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tastyburger900
Member since 2007 • 660 Posts
Will my play and charge kit (wireless rechargable battery pack) let me use my xbox 360 controller as a gamepad just like the wired controller? or do i need to use my wired controller for a gamepad. There is a usb that i can plug into the 360, just the only reason i would plug it into the pc before was to let it charge. will it work as a gamepad?
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts
I was wondering this as well. Like if I use the play and charge thing with a wireless controller and connect it to my PC. Will I be able to use the 360 controller as a gamepad for my PC games?
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

No it wouldn't work. You need the receiver or just get a wired controller.

thewax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thewax
Member since 2005 • 709 Posts
Hooking the wireless controller to the PC with the playncharge kit will just charge it. If you want the wireless controller to work on PC you need the Wireless Gaming Reciever($20)
ali_ihsan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ali_ihsan21
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I searched whole İstanbul but couldnt find neither a wired xbox 360 nor a wireless pc receiver. Wireless xbox 360 controllers are in every store so here is my question, although I know that it sounds silly; I have a Saitek P3000 wireless controller is it possible to work that receiver with wireless xbox 360 controller ?

darkpigraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darkpigraph
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

By God, i just found out the hard way that it ddoesn't work, i cannot believe it. I bought an xbox controller only for playing pc games with, seeing as the GfWL keeps crowing about how you can use the xbox controller. Then i buy the play and charge connector thinking if it connects to the PC via USB, surely it will work.

OOOOOPPPS, no, you need to shell out another wad of cash for the receiver.

You know what else works? Buy a PS3, connect a dualshock 3 via USB and download a little 3rd party driver called MotioninJoy - it's slightly unstable, for instance if you accidentally click disconnect twice your computer restarts but it sureas hell doesn't cost you the price of another controleer all over again just to get it to work.

Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

Wow am I spoiled. Had a wired controller in 3 days from Newegg. Sorry it's a pain elsewhere in the world but it sure works great here.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

By God, i just found out the hard way that it ddoesn't work, i cannot believe it. I bought an xbox controller only for playing pc games with, seeing as the GfWL keeps crowing about how you can use the xbox controller. Then i buy the play and charge connector thinking if it connects to the PC via USB, surely it will work.

OOOOOPPPS, no, you need to shell out another wad of cash for the receiver.

You know what else works? Buy a PS3, connect a dualshock 3 via USB and download a little 3rd party driver called MotioninJoy - it's slightly unstable, for instance if you accidentally click disconnect twice your computer restarts but it sureas hell doesn't cost you the price of another controleer all over again just to get it to work.

darkpigraph

You can buy a third party receiver for like $5 online.. But if you prefer the PS3 controller over the 360, then that way is fine as well. You'd prob have to use xpadder which in my opinion is a huge pain