World of Warcraft worth it??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 henriktx
Member since 2004 • 1445 Posts
My cousin and one of my best friends play this game and i was wondering if this game is worth the fees. I played the trial and that game is quite addicting. But anyways should i start playing this game??
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts
IMO no game is worth 15$ per month, no game
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

IMO no game is worth 15$ per month, no gameDarth_Kane

so it's better to spent 40 a month on a new one all the time? .... the game is definitely worth the 15 a month because if you get addicted to it like soooo many before you, you will spend more time on it than any game previous and you will have no need to even bother buying anything else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
I got it recently after being forced to by many of my friends who play it. I found it got boring fast and eventually I just stopped playing. If the only reason you want the game is because you know other people who play it, don't get it, you'll probably not enjoy it, only get it if you actually seriously want to play it.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

From what I've seen of it No.

But from what I hear it acually costs alot more than $15 a month for some people. It costs your social life, your girlfriend, your job and your kids (if you have any)

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

I got it recently after being forced to by many of my friends who play it. I found it got boring fast and eventually I just stopped playing. If the only reason you want the game is because you know other people who play it, don't get it, you'll probably not enjoy it, only get it if you actually seriously want to play it.kamikaze_pigmy

that being said though you probably got it played it for a month or less and then quit. The game is only 20.00 to start off so it is still worth trying it for the money, and if youdon't get hooked its just a $20 game that sucked, and if you do the $15 a month is well worth it.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

But from what I hear it acually costs alot more than $15 a month for some people. It costs your social life, your girlfriend, your job and your kids (if you have any)

gregbmil

Thats not the games fault, that the individuals fault. And saying that about a game is actually a good thnig, Its saying "im that much fun to play that i screw up your life"

Grandhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Grandhand
Member since 2005 • 870 Posts

i would also say no, it gets boring quickly and just isnt worth the huge cost.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts
And on topic, i picked up again recently and im enjoying it so much. After too long the game ets boring but its always really good when you pick it up again.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
[QUOTE="gregbmil"]

BeyondPain

Thats not the games fault, that the individuals fault. And saying that about a game is actually a good thnig, Its saying "im that much fun to play that i screw up your life"

Yeah, I guess your right.

Bananasniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bananasniper
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
If you liked the trial I would give the full version a try. I played on private servers for a while but I bet its more fun when you play with a bunch of other people.
Stargate_SG-1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stargate_SG-1_
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

Yea it is a great game Made even More great If you Have alot of friends that play it

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

Well, like everything else, some people love it, others hate it. If you like MMO's, you can't really go wrong with WoW. Generally speaking, for the most part, the WoW haters aren't MMO players. Granted, some veteran MMO players are dissatisfied with WoW and play a different MMO for various reasons. But the majority of posts by people who dislike WoW are by people who don't like MMO's period (monthly fees, too time consuming, etc. Thats not a WoW problem, thats an MMO problem).

If you enjoyed the trial and your best friend plays it, I see absolutely no reason to not play it. Yes, it does require a lot of time dedication for END GAME (if you plan on joining a raiding guild, not everybody raids however.) I log in a couple nights a week, and get stuff done. You don't have to dedicate your life to WoW to enjoy the game, like some people would have you believe.

As long as you don't let it interfere with your everyday life, I say go for it.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

gregbmil

That's like saying you should never drink alcohol because some people are alcoholics. Like everything, moderation is the key.

courtneyygee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 courtneyygee
Member since 2006 • 785 Posts
Um...I love WOW!!! I haven't played in about 4 months, but I almost wanted to start up my subscription again this weekend. I am waiting for WOTLK to come out, but it is very fun and amusing, but can take away hours of your life. It is worth it...as long as you don't choose WOW over friends.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
:P Well Diablo 3 is coming soon,and more than likely by the time it comes out you'll still be addicted to WoW...and theres nothing worse than being addicted to Diablo and WoW at the same time. (I'm only guessing here) Anywhos,I played a WoW trial and it's a GREAT game. I was going to buy it Saturday but Diablo 3 was announced...and decided I would wait and just get hooked on that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#17 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth_Kane"]IMO no game is worth 15$ per month, no gamewhitey_rolls

so it's better to spent 40 a month on a new one all the time? .... the game is definitely worth the 15 a month because if you get addicted to it like soooo many before you, you will spend more time on it than any game previous and you will have no need to even bother buying anything else.

Pretty sure he wasn't buying a game a month.

I've bought many games that lasted me years.

BladeMaster84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BladeMaster84
Member since 2008 • 533 Posts

Try the trial. Personally, I get bored before I even hit level 30. It just takes too long to level up for someone who doesn't want to spend hours on end every day playing a game.

As far as monthly fees go you're paying for a constant supply of generally excellent new content and constant support with the monthly fee. So the fee itself is justified.

sc_ajk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 sc_ajk29
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts
NO.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
Yes, you are actually getting more bang with your buck by paying 15 bucks a month for WoW. If you like MMOs or are interested in trying one get the trial but it kept me entertained for 2+ years.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
I'd rather play Age of Conan at this point if I was going to get into that type of game, especially since the average age of people playing it is almost certainly a bit older. Also, it's relatively new so it's not like everyone is focused on end game content yet I would think. Of course, I understand you need a fairly new PC to run it, so that has to be considered.
nintendofan659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 nintendofan659
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
yes i onnly started a few months ago and i love it and my best friend plays it 2 and the game is 20 and the BC is 20 and it comes with a 30 day game card and 60 day game cards are only 30 and since its summer its a great way to kill time on those long hot summer days
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

I'd rather play Age of Conan at this point if I was going to get into that type of game, especially since the average age of people playing it is almost certainly a bit older. Also, it's relatively new so it's not like everyone is focused on end game content yet I would think. Of course, I understand you need a fairly new PC to run it, so that has to be considered.SpaceMoose

For those reading this now 1 month later, because apperently people like bumping old topics today:

Age of Conan is a disaster, the potential it had was staggering, but they blew it.

And yes, WoW is worth it, make no mistake though, while leveling you will feel partyl alone, and that most of the content is bland.... being 3 years old and all.

baddogjmh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 baddogjmh
Member since 2003 • 2075 Posts

Grandhand

you own a wii

Igor19877891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Igor19877891
Member since 2003 • 1316 Posts

Exactly. I used to play Final Fantasy online, and it was as if I had no life for two years.

gregbmil
Igor19877891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Igor19877891
Member since 2003 • 1316 Posts

lol do you even know what kind of people work on MMOs before they come out? They make sure you get stuck on that game and they will make sure you pay $15 every 30 days.

[QUOTE="gregbmil"]

BeyondPain

unrealplaya55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 unrealplaya55
Member since 2007 • 1278 Posts
[QUOTE="Grandhand"]

baddogjmh

you own a wii

What is the point of this post? I cant figure out
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC360Wii

People who think £2.30 or $4.60 a week is expensive for such long lasting entertainment are quite frankly insane. You pay 2-3x that just to see a 2 hour long film...

You then pay £30-40 on a game a month....... that ends in 10-12 hours...

IrishRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 IrishRage
Member since 2003 • 127 Posts

gregbmil

Look, the only people loosing their girlfriends, jobs, or kids have a pre-exsisting problem to videogame addiction. During the 3 and a half year i've been playing wow I have gotten a better job, and a wonderful girlfriend. Look at my time played, I have not sacrificed any part of being "social" for this game.

That being said its all about how you percieve a "social life". I have forged better friend ships in WoW than I have in schools or sports. The people I play with are people who I have met, but playing the game with them we shared stories, killed bosses, killed other players and had a great time.

People can loose everything playing xbox360 just as much as people can to WoW.

Conclussion, if you have friends playing wow, and have the money WoW is excellent. For myself, i've worn out my welcome. The game is stale to me now. But hell, 3.5 years is quite some time to be playing the same game.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

IMO no game is worth 15$ per month, no gameDarth_Kane

You'll spend more money at a movie theatre alone with a medium popcorn and soda for two hours than you will on WoW for a month.

-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

Well I played WoW until level 60, that took me 4 months. It was really fun but I didn't have it in me to get to lvl70.
I would recommend just playing the game to level 20 and then if it still doesn't appeal to you then you can just stop playing lol.

Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Poster_11
Member since 2003 • 438 Posts
Don't Do it its a TRAP!
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC360Wii

Well I played WoW until level 60, that took me 4 months. It was really fun but I didn't have it in me to get to lvl70.
I would recommend just playing the game to level 20 and then if it still doesn't appeal to you then you can just stop playing lol.

-Origin-

Problem with that is, it gets more interesting towards the end. you dont get the proper experiance until end game, a common problem in MMO's.