World of Warcraft free month

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Erik2393 (57 posts) -

Hi guys I just bought the world of warcraft battle chest and it says you get a free month. But from what I see its says you need to register for monthly payments with a credit card.

To be perfectly honest I am a student and I want to use my free month while I am on spring break, stop until summer break, and then pick it up again using the 60 day prepaid cards.

Is this possible and if so how would i go about this? I'm sorry but I just don't have enough time to play while in school and I don't want to pay since I cant play it.

#2 Posted by carlosjuero (1254 posts) -
Register with a credit card and then immediately 'stop' the billing (first payment doesn't get taken out until your free time is up). Your account will be credited for the full 30 day free play time, and you can add time cards at any time.
#3 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
You aren't forced to do so, I believe you can cancel or choose to ignore when it asks you for a credit card.
#4 Posted by Shadowhawk000 (3453 posts) -
That's generally the case for MMO's.you need to subscribe and then you get the free month.
#5 Posted by chikinlad (1167 posts) -

When you put in your cd key it will ask you for a credit card or a game time card so it can keep billing you, but you can just leave the page before you put anything in and you still will get a month

#6 Posted by Erik2393 (57 posts) -

Will I be able to stop playing for a little while and pick it back up without losing my leveled character?

Thanks

#7 Posted by Creepin_Death (6 posts) -

Will I be able to stop playing for a little while and pick it back up without losing my leveled character?

Thanks

Erik2393

Yeah

#8 Posted by zitazeon (31 posts) -

Thanks

Erik2393

everything will be the same as when you left.

#9 Posted by StopThePresses (2767 posts) -

Thanks

Erik2393
Yes. They want people who "quit" to have incentive to come back. ;)