World of Darkness MMORPG officially dead.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

This disappoints me as it was the only MMORPG that I was even remotely looking forward to playing. So, unless there's some new sandbox, skill-based, more world than theme-park, MMORPG that I haven't heard about, it looks like I may be finished with this genre.

What a bummer.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

CCP have essentially thrown all their eggs into a single basket. That's never a good thing.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

whelp... guess i dont give 2 shits about CCP anymore.

all of their effort is going in to EVE... which is a waste of time. sure the game is still going strong, but WoD could have been absolutely amazing.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23896 Posts

It is a bummer, but I really expected this to happen. Most of their efforts are going into EvE and I am not sure the interest in traditional vampires (pre-twilight vampires that is) is still very strong.

I just hope The Repopulation doesn't turn out to be a stinker, since it is "sandbox, skill-based, more world than theme-park" and designed to be a spiritual successor to Star Wars Galaxies and it would be a shame to see it fail.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Damn 50 people lost their jobs. Don't really see this picked up on many sites.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

it's possible that they will use the stuff they've already built for this game in the future, either in the same IP or a different one.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Could have been a great title since there's so much material to work from. Oh well.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I'm still looking for someone create another single player vampire-themed RPG. Like Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Saw this coming a year ago...............vaporware.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -wildflower-

@Maroxad said:

It is a bummer, but I really expected this to happen. Most of their efforts are going into EvE and I am not sure the interest in traditional vampires (pre-twilight vampires that is) is still very strong.

I just hope The Repopulation doesn't turn out to be a stinker, since it is "sandbox, skill-based, more world than theme-park" and designed to be a spiritual successor to Star Wars Galaxies and it would be a shame to see it fail.

I hadn't heard of The Repopulation before but it's definitely on my radar now, thanks. Spiritual successor to SWG? Sign me up!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@-wildflower- said:

@Maroxad said:

I hadn't heard of The Repopulation before but it's definitely on my radar now, thanks. Spiritual successor to SWG? Sign me up!

The Repopulation looks really bad already, just from gameplay videos.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -wildflower-

@FelipeInside: Hmm, thanks for the heads up. Maybe I should watch some of the videos. I just read about it and it sounded good on the page. The low amount they were asking for on their Kickstarter page was a bit of a concern ($50k or so I think).

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Maroxad

@-wildflower-: There are plenty of videos around regarding the game, if you are courious you should watch those.

I like what I have seen so far though, especially with the crafting and the nation videos. My biggest concern with the game is that it will be f2p, a model that has given me terrible experience after terrible experience, from Guild Wars 2 to EQ2's conversion.

Overall, it is something I am watching, I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. (so I wont be disappointed).

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@-wildflower- said:

@FelipeInside: Hmm, thanks for the heads up. Maybe I should watch some of the videos. I just read about it and it sounded good on the page. The low amount they were asking for on their Kickstarter page was a bit of a concern ($50k or so I think).

they had an successful kickstarter in the past and ran another one to gather more support. Maroxad told me about this game well over a year ago and i have been watching it ever since. With the death of WOD it's really the only MMO im currently watching.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -wildflower-

@Maroxad said:

@-wildflower-: There are plenty of videos around regarding the game, if you are courious you should watch those.

I like what I have seen so far though, especially with the crafting and the nation videos. My biggest concern with the game is that it will be f2p, a model that has given me terrible experience after terrible experience, from Guild Wars 2 to EQ2's conversion.

Overall, it is something I am watching, I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. (so I wont be disappointed).

The crafting and the city building it those videos looks promising. I am definitely getting a SWG vibe from what I saw (the interface looks damn near identical). The f2p is disappointing but I will still keep my eye on the game. It seems to have a lot of what I am looking for in a MMORPG. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Maroxad

Here is a screenshot of the game shown just before it got cancelled

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points