Witcher 3 System requirements question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Quick question I'm not really super ultra knowledgeable about pc gaming having only joined in 2010 ( Interestingly enough because of the witcher 2) I am pretty solid on the system specs except for the cpu, I have a Phenom II X6 1075TBlack Edition at 3.0 Ghz , but minimum is a AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940 and recommended is AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz. Do I need to upgrade? I'd rather not to be honest as I only have enough money for a new Card.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23824 Posts

That Phenom 2 X6 is right in the middle of those cpu's you will be ok. Why dont you grab an cheap aftermarket cpu cooler and overclock that cpu, because at 3.5 ghz its only like 10% slower then FX 8350 core vs core at 4.2 ghz. They can overclock to 3.6 ghz or better quite easily. Side note though what is your current gpu and what is your upgrade budget?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Yeah I'm working with a Phenom II X4 965BE. I think I'll tough it out on this and focus on a nice new card as well. Might OC my 3.4ghz to about 3.7... Catalyst pushed it up there without issues that I saw, but I cranked it back down because nothing I play right now is CPU-bound with my rig (because my video card is the limiting factor)

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23824 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Yeah I'm working with a Phenom II X4 965BE. I think I'll tough it out on this and focus on a nice new card as well. Might OC my 3.4ghz to about 3.7... Catalyst pushed it up there without issues that I saw, but I cranked it back down because nothing I play right now is CPU-bound with my rig (because my video card is the limiting factor)

Depending on the gpu you have or get* that phenom 2 X4 will be the limiting factor in preventing the full gpu performance.