Witcher 2 worth it? Or should I get Dark Souls?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cboyuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 cboyuno
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

Witcher 2 is $7 on steam and dark souls prepare to die is $26. But no point in buying both cause I spent $5 on the origonal witcher and did not like it. I loved Dragon Age Origins and disliked Skyrim because of poor combat mechanics. I also see that torchlight 2 is cheap ($10) but I just finished diablo 3-thought it was meh-. I so preferred d2 even though I played it for the first time last summer. Anyways is witcher 2 worth it? I can't stand poorly written dialogue.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Witcher 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. At $7 its an absolute steal. That is chump change for such a game. The only people who disliked it really are people who found the combat mechanics too difficult.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Yep, Witcher 2 hands down, except story (kinda), it has nothing in common with Witcher 1, Dark Souls can't compare to a great PC game.
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

$7 is a steal. That is a shocking price for what you get. Most of the dialogue is good. It can be a little to political at times. A lot of it is hilarious if you do some of the optional conversations. I had a lot of lol moments.

I'll add that Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time. You need a controller and to use the graphics mod. Best game ever imo.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Dark Souls is garbage, but a lot of people seem to like it and I cant understand why. ( ...cue the hate comments for saying I dont like Dark Souls... )

The Witcher 2 is one of the best games I have ever played.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Get Witcher2 and Witcher1 for the price of Dark Souls

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

Yep, Witcher 2 hands down, except story (kinda), it has nothing in common with Witcher 1, Dark Souls can't compare to a great PC game.DanielDust
dark souls, a no brainer choice really.don't listen to this meat head, look at his avatar and you know what kind game taste he belongs. I am a PC gamer since 1999 and TW2 is not even 1/10 a game dark souls is. it's a shame to say but never was a game on PC ever came close to the polish quality of DS.let me put this way, you know a game is really something when frobe journalist Eric Kain(one of the most creditable gaming critic in the world) decdie to write a book worth article just to praise it, and even to this date dark souls is still poping out on top 10 list on gamespot even 1 year after relase, after all, we PC gamers willing to kneed down to form software to make dark souls happening on PC, which never happened before with any "top list console excluvies",only virgins with too much time on their hands, whom perfer listening(yes more than half the game you will listen to emotionless characters) over doing will even dare to recommand TW2. putting TW2's name along side DS is a stragiht up insult

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Yep, Witcher 2 hands down, except story (kinda), it has nothing in common with Witcher 1, Dark Souls can't compare to a great PC game.GameFan1983

dark souls, a no brainer choice really.

don't listen to this meat head, look at his avatar and you know what kind game taste he belongs. I am a PC gamer since 1999 and TW2 is not even 1/10 a game dark souls is. it's a shame to say but never was a game on PC ever came close to the polish qualit of DS.

let me put this way, you know a game is really something when frobe journalist Eric Kain(one of the most creditable gaming critic in the world) decdie to write a book worth article just to praise it, and even to this date dark souls is still poping out on top 10 list on gamespot even 1 year after relase, after all, we PC gamers willing to kneed down to form software to make dark souls happening on PC, which never happened before with any "top list console excluvies",

only virgins with too much times on their hands, whom perfer listening(yes more than half the game you will listen to emotionless characters) over doing will even dare to recommand TW2. putting TW2's name along side DS is a stragiht up insult

"Oh look I rolled off the edge with clunky controls and cheesely place enemies, im so hardcore, I grind souls for hours and play a broken online that is already dead on PC.". Just stop, your talking s*** I played Dark Souls in its prime on Xbox and its far from polished, one of the least polished "AAA" games ive ever played, nothing but cheapness throughout. a small game with a heavy cheap timesink.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Personally, I found The Witcher 2 disappointing particularly from a gameplay point of view. If you want a fantasy RPG and haven't played DA:O yet, get that instead.

But Dark Souls is a great game and will certainly offer a far more interesting experience than the TW2.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Yep, Witcher 2 hands down, except story (kinda), it has nothing in common with Witcher 1, Dark Souls can't compare to a great PC game.GameFan1983

don't listen to this meat head, look at his avatar and you know what kind game taste he belongs. I am a PC gamer since 1999 and TW2 is not even 1/10 a game dark souls is. it's a shame to say but never was a game on PC ever came close to the polish qualit of DS.

let me put this way, you know a game is really something when frobe journalist Eric Kain(one of the most creditable gaming critic in the world) decdie to write a book worth article just to praise it, and even to this date dark souls is still poping out on top 10 list on gamespot even 1 year after relase, after all, we PC gamers willing to kneed down to form software to make dark souls happening on PC, which never happened before with any "top list console excluvies",

only virgins with too much times on their hands, whom perfer listening(yes more than half the game you will listen to emotionless characters) over doing will even dare to recommand TW2. putting TW2's name along side DS is a stragiht up insult

I'm a PC gamer since 92, your point is invalid by your own logic.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Starshine_M2A2
[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Yep, Witcher 2 hands down, except story (kinda), it has nothing in common with Witcher 1, Dark Souls can't compare to a great PC game.DanielDust

Are you a child of Doom? I am :)
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

yea bro, lets be internet hard-men and insult anyone who disagrees with us.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Dark Souls is garbage, but a lot of people seem to like it and I cant understand why. ( ...cue the hate comments for saying I dont like Dark Souls... )

pelvist

this man speaks the truth. Dark Souls is the only game I've played that manages to be both boring and frustrating at the same time

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanielDust
[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"] Are you a child of Doom? I am :)

Doom the game or some other doom? :P It's one of the first games I ever played on PC, no idea what the first would be, I remember playing a Tyrian like game on a black and white monitor at that time, some Lemmings, Wolfenstein 3D.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Witcher II, it's a much better game in my opinion.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Starshine_M2A2
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"] Are you a child of Doom? I am :)

Doom the game or some other doom? :P It's one of the first games I ever played on PC, no idea what the first would be, I remember playing a Tyrian like game on a black and white monitor at that time, some Lemmings, Wolfenstein 3D.

Doom and Duke Nukem 3D were my first forays into gaming. I didn't play Wolfenstein 3D but got to play RTCW when it came out in 2001.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

with_teeth26

this man speaks the truth. Dark Souls is the only game I've played that manages to be both boring and frustrating at the same time

Haha you guys are starting to make me think I should be happy I skipped Dark Souls sale on Amazon. I want to give it a shot, despite not liking Demon's Souls. Maybe I would be dissapointed though.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The Witcher 2 for $7.49 is highway robbery. Excellent game.
GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Yep, Witcher 2 hands down, except story (kinda), it has nothing in common with Witcher 1, Dark Souls can't compare to a great PC game.MBirdy88

"Oh look I rolled off the edge with clunky controls and cheesely place enemies, im so hardcore, I grind souls for hours and play a broken online that is already dead on PC.". Just stop, your talking s*** I played Dark Souls in its prime on Xbox and its far from polished, one of the least polished "AAA" games ive ever played, nothing but cheapness throughout. a small game with a heavy cheap timesink.

lol, Most dark souls players never farmed in dark souls, and farming was never a part of designers' intnetion, I finished my first playthrough at lvl 68, never enjoyed a game quite like this, also the co-op and pvp elements will keep players back many month to came, only low IQ gamers who spoiled by garbage mouse spamming machine(aka the garbage combat of TW2) that require no timing or any bit of thoughts would farm their way to overcome what other smarter players would have done many lvls below.

CDP is dash out TW2 is selling at $7 like trash, but in all seriousness, buying a McDonald big mac combo is more worthy than wasting time with such garbage. (and I wasted $39.99 on that crap)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

lol, Most dark souls players never farmed in dark souls, and farming was never a part of designers' intnetion, I finished my first playthrough at lvl 68, never enjoyed a game quite like this, also the co-op and pvp elements will keep players back many month to came, only low IQ gamers who spoiled by garbage mouse spamming machine(aka the garbage combat of TW2) that require no timing or any bit of thoughts would farm their way to overcome what other smarter players would have done many lvls below.

CDP is dash out TW2 is selling at $7 like trash, but in all seriousness, buying a McDonald big mac combo is more worthy than wasting time with such garbage. (and I wasted $39.99 on that crap)

GameFan1983

You don't play TW 2 for the combat... you play it for the world, the story, the characters, and the choices, all of which on their own make TW 2 a more substantial game than Dark Souls. The combat in TW2 isn't bad, but it can be if you just spam quen to get through all of the battles. It isn't great either.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Starshine_M2A2
only virgins with too much time on their hands, whom perfer listening(yes more than half the game you will listen to emotionless characters) over doing will even dare to recommand TW2. putting TW2's name along side DS is a stragiht up insultGameFan1983
I don't think someone's virginity has any bearing on their game preference... I thought TW2 had great characters. It's only the gameplay that let's it down which is where Dark Souls has the advantage.
nekrothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nekrothing
Member since 2008 • 387 Posts

Sounds to me like the majority of people in this thread that dislike Dark Souls just flat out suck at the game. No wonder they dislike it so much.

OP, do you prefer gameplay or story? If you prefer a game with a strong story, good dialogue, and a fleshed out world, then get Witcher 2. If you're looking for a game with a deep and meaningful combat system with old-school style game mechanics, then go for Dark Souls.

Personally? I'd recommend Witcher 2 since it's cheaper (for the current price on Steam it's an absolute steal). Dark Souls goes on sale for ~$15 sometimes, so you could save yourself a bit of money by waiting for the price to drop.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#25 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
Witcher 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. At $7 its an absolute steal. That is chump change for such a game. The only people who disliked it really are people who found the combat mechanics too difficult.bonafidetk
I may be one of those people. I just started it last night and found the combat control very console-esque. I kept forgetting which buttons did which function. I will keep trying though, the original was so phenomenal.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Get both.
GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Yep, Witcher 2 hands down, except story (kinda), it has nothing in common with Witcher 1, Dark Souls can't compare to a great PC game.DanielDust

So being older and a longer PC gamer without the ability to adapt a higher learning curve make your point vaild? lol, please don't throw the word "logic" around like you even know what it means.

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
I'd pay $100 bucks for the witcher 2 and still be satisfied with my purchase, the choice is obvious
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
They are two very different games. If I had to make a guess based on the original post though, I'd say that you'd like Dark Souls more. The Witcher 2's combat has nothing on Dark Souls.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

GameFan1983

So being older and a longer PC gamer without the ability to adapt a higher learning curve make your point vaild? lol, please don't throw the word "logic" around like you even know what it means.

I've been a PC gamer since 1984, but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with whether the op will like The Witcher 2 or Dark Souls better. :P

As to the Ops question, Witcher 2 is a solid, story driven RPG. Dark Souls on the other hand is very story-light (but heavy on lore) but an awesome action RPG. Personally I'm not even a fan of a straight action RPGs that eschew story in favor of action but Dark Souls is the exception. Even though the PC version is a mediocre port I've put probably 150 hours into it. The online component is truly unique among RPGs.

Honestly both are good games but you'll get different things out of them. If you want a solid, story driven RPG with branching choice and a good combat system then go for Witcher 2. If you want a truly unique, terrifically challenging and atmospheric dungeon crawler that is practically a "horror" game by virtue of the atmosphere and gameplay mechanics with a compelling and unique form of online multiplayer and you don't mind using a 360 controller then go for Dark Souls.

-Byshop

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Witcher 2 has a good story and nice graphics but Dark Souls has better gameplay and atmosphere.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

GameFan1983

That's right, when you're made a fool by your own self, there's nothing else to do than continue. Now I know, you making a fool out of yourself regularly in screenshot threads was not a "fluke".
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Dark Souls is a horrible port

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] I'm a PC gamer since 92, your point is invalid by your own logic.Byshop

I've been a PC gamer since 1984, but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with whether the op will like The Witcher 2 or Dark Souls better. :P

As to the Ops question, Witcher 2 is a solid, story driven RPG. Dark Souls on the other hand is very story-light (but heavy on lore) but an awesome action RPG. Personally I'm not even a fan of a straight action RPGs that eschew story in favor of action but Dark Souls is the exception. Even though the PC version is a mediocre port I've put probably 150 hours into it. The online component is truly unique among RPGs.

Honestly both are good games but you'll get different things out of them. If you want a solid, story driven RPG with branching choice and a good combat system then go for Witcher 2. If you want a truly unique, terrifically challenging and atmospheric dungeon crawler that is practically a "horror" game by virtue of the atmosphere and gameplay mechanics with a compelling and unique form of online multiplayer and you don't mind using a 360 controller then go for Dark Souls.

-Byshop

Well said, note: I have nothing against TW2, played it once and never want to go back again, not a bad product, but it worth no more than a 7/10 in my book, and I understand it appeal to certain type of gamers, but when some idioits went straight out to put down dark souls, a game they have no idea about to prise a subpar game(to me) it is flat out saying "listen my opinion > your opinion" that sololy triggered my trolling mode. only if more posters would came at your mentality and being least bit objective, GS PC forum would be a much better community.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Dark Souls

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] I'm a PC gamer since 92, your point is invalid by your own logic.DanielDust

That's right, when you're made a fool by your own self, there's nothing else to do than continue. Now I know, you making a fool out of yourself regularly in screenshot threads was not a "fluke".

Mad again? lol! or is it just another attemp of yours to throw another meaningless post to boost your 14k+ post count? you have been making nothing but low IQ none senscial posts ever since... you had a GS account, 90% of your topics were ended up in a fight with other memebers and you were always outsmarted, then you always come back again with more low IQ topics. and repeating the same cycle, have you ever tired?

my suggestion, time to realize how insignificant you and your opinions are in this world.

and lol @ jelly @ my screenshots, coming from a guy who occationally post some PS2 quality screenshots from his PC, how refreashing, you are the one got made fun of every time when you post something but when i do, I always got half dozen forum members PM me asking me for the mods and setting i was using, how about stop being jelly and get yourself a better PC instead when you get better paygrade? :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

As much as I love TW2, I'm gonna have to say DS on this one. It's one of those games you just have to play. It's sooooo good. Then again some people find it shallow and I would hate for you to think you wasted your money on it. Both are excellent choices and you would be happy with either. TW2 is one hell of a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Oh Jesus, Gamefan is in here? ignore that fvcking troll. He hates anything that isn't Cryengine 3 related. He also said TW2 looks like sh!t in the screenshot thread. And then gets very aggressive towards people for calling him on stuff. He insults everyone (I know I insulted him just now but I've dealt with him before) and then when people say his screenshots look bad he goes off on one telling us all why we're in the wrong and we don't know what we're talking about.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts
It's interesting to see how those two games bring out peoples egos. In my own personal option, both are outstanding games. I'd personally pick the Witcher 2 over Dark Souls since it's about a quarter of the price and since Dark Souls wasn't really ported well to the PC. However if you have the money (and the time) both games are well worth the price.
gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts
I'd think about waiting for the steam Xmas sale to pick dark souls
cboyuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cboyuno

it sounds like Dark Souls has a better atmosphere and better gameplay, and in my opinion this means a better game. I love good stories but not at the cost of those two. thanks for the input guys

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#42 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Get Witcher 2. It's amazing.

I bought Dark Souls, haven't played it, but let's be real here, that game's price will drop further during another Steam sale. The Witcher 2 at $7 for one of the best RPGs of this gen? The Witcher 2 is a better choice for the price at the moment.

It helps that it's one of the best-looking games available. That it's made for PC and not a poor port. And if you've played the first game you're even better off (though if you haven't, the game works as a standalone tale, you'll just miss some background story).

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NeonNinja

only virgins with too much time on their hands, whom perfer listening(yes more than half the game you will listen to emotionless characters) over doing will even dare to recommand TW2. putting TW2's name along side DS is a stragiht up insult

GameFan1983

What if you're not a virgin and you just happen to really enjoy a game that has excellent writing, production values, challenging combatt and far-reaching consequences based on your decisions?

....because it's one of the best available right now.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NeonNinja

it sounds like Dark Souls has a better atmosphere and better gameplay, and in my opinion this means a better game. I love good stories but not at the cost of those two. thanks for the input guys

cboyuno

Who said The Witcher 2 sacrifices atmosphere and gameplay for story?

It does all of them extremely well... :/

MetallicA53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 MetallicA53
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

In Australia, is The Witcher 2 censored?? That's been the only gripe holding me back from purchasing it. I know on gog I can bypass it, but does the same go for steam??

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Starshine_M2A2

In Australia, is The Witcher 2 censored?? That's been the only gripe holding me back from purchasing it. I know on gog I can bypass it, but does the same go for steam??

MetallicA53
All of the reports I've read suggest all versions of the Australian release have been censored unfortunately.
cboyuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cboyuno

I bought Dark Souls, haven't played it, but let's be real here, that game's price will drop further during another Steam sale. The Witcher 2 at $7 for one of the best RPGs of this gen? The Witcher 2 is a better choice for the price at the moment.

It helps that it's one of the best-looking games available. That it's made for PC and not a poor port. And if you've played the first game you're even better off (though if you haven't, the game works as a standalone tale, you'll just miss some background story).

NeonNinja

It's not the monetary cost, its the time cost. It sounds to me like Witcher 2 is a story driven game-which is fine-but I am so SO picky when it ocmes to western RPG storylines. I really can't sit through a narrative I dislike. This happens to me with books as well. I just can't put in the time if it ain't drawing me in. Maybe I'll hold off on both and finish Guild Wars 2 while I decide.

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
I'd think about waiting for the steam Xmas sale to pick dark soulsgt350tsc
This, I played both, but Dark Souls is the better "Game" However, The Witcher 2 for 7 its a hell of a deal, don't miss it TW2 gameplay is very different to the first game, so don't worry if you didn't like the first one
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

cboyuno

It's not the monetary cost, its the time cost. It sounds to me like Witcher 2 is a story driven game-which is fine-but I am so SO picky when it ocmes to western RPG storylines. I really can't sit through a narrative I dislike. This happens to me with books as well. I just can't put in the time if it ain't drawing me in. Maybe I'll hold off on both and finish Guild Wars 2 while I decide.

Just a quick question. How do finish Guild Wars 2, exactly? :P lol Funny you speak of stories that don't draw you in, Guild Wars 2 has a bad story. lol :P Destiny's Edge (book), terrible, especially when compared to Ghosts of Ascalon which was pretty good.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

cboyuno

Dark Souls might be the way to go. Both are great games but Dark Souls is all about the gameplay and atmosphere. It has an awesome combat system that's deceptively deep and surprisingly engaging. There's not a ton of "story" that occurs within the context of the events that take place during the game but there is a great deal of lore to discover about the world and the characters within it. At it's core, though, Dark Souls is all about the gameplay.

-Byshop