• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lenogden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lenogden
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
So I'm watching Youtube gameplay videos for the Witcher 2 and I see a dungeon with a topless female prisoner. Without getting into a debate on whether nudity is good, bad, or whatever, will there be nudity in the basic game here in the US? Leno
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Yes.
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Ofcourse, isn't the game rated 18+ already? If you're over 18 you should be able to handle partial nudity.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

It's just bare mammary glands, nothing more than that.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

I think so

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Yes

sexygirl6t9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sexygirl6t9
Member since 2011 • 237 Posts
No. I plan to sue.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Yep. And lots of it as I understand it. Basically CD Projekt is the one company around that is going in the opposite direction of the current trend. While most companies are trying to tone down their games to avoid controversy and not rock the boat, CD Projekt actually went on record in an interview saying that they were going to go FURTHER than they did in The Witcher 1 with mature content and themes. I'm as giddy as a school girl going to her first prom with an upperclassman with excitement.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#9 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

This game will be like the HBO tv shows.. uncensored and adult oriented.

Adult fantasy has been known to have some sex and violence in it.

Watching HBOS Game Of Thrones lately has got me even more excited for The Witcher2 also. Adult fantasy with a good story to tell is just a thing of beauty, really hope The Witcher2 delivers!

The Witcher2 is looking ot bring out the rpg/fantasy geek in me I gotta say :P

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Yes. The Witcher 2 is aimed at adults (or a more mature audience in any case), and they're not skimping on the details.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

No. I plan to sue.sexygirl6t9

This cracks me up hehe..Any how cant sue its mature rating..But still making me laugh..Every one is sue happy ..Ill sue for you trying to sue them

carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
I often wish that American media/censors/public would cease being such prudes about things. We glorify violence in basic cable television, but oh lord help us if any bare flesh is exposed. "Concerned parents" will let little Timmy play Call of Duty and kill people in full gory detail, but oh don't let little timmy see a booby. :/ - America is full of annoying hypocrites. [I say this as a Native born American who has proudly served 2 times in the armed forces during times of war - so no, it isn't just "Euro Trash" [another term that is irritating] that think many Americans are uptight prudish snobs] I am glad CD Projekt at least has the cojones to stick to their principles and game design orientation.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I often wish that American media/censors/public would cease being such prudes about things. We glorify violence in basic cable television, but oh lord help us if any bare flesh is exposed. "Concerned parents" will let little Timmy play Call of Duty and kill people in full gory detail, but oh don't let little timmy see a booby. :/ - America is full of annoying hypocrites. [I say this as a Native born American who has proudly served 2 times in the armed forces during times of war - so no, it isn't just "Euro Trash" [another term that is irritating] that think many Americans are uptight prudish snobs] I am glad CD Projekt at least has the cojones to stick to their principles and game design orientation.carlosjuero

This is something I never understood... sex is the devil but killing is ok :roll:

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="carlosjuero"]I often wish that American media/censors/public would cease being such prudes about things. We glorify violence in basic cable television, but oh lord help us if any bare flesh is exposed. "Concerned parents" will let little Timmy play Call of Duty and kill people in full gory detail, but oh don't let little timmy see a booby. :/ - America is full of annoying hypocrites. [I say this as a Native born American who has proudly served 2 times in the armed forces during times of war - so no, it isn't just "Euro Trash" [another term that is irritating] that think many Americans are uptight prudish snobs] I am glad CD Projekt at least has the cojones to stick to their principles and game design orientation.kozzy1234

This is something I never understood... sex is the devil but killing is ok :roll:

Silly americans we seam to blow up sexual stuff kozzy..While the rest of the world matured we are behind the times on this subject..

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="carlosjuero"]I often wish that American media/censors/public would cease being such prudes about things. We glorify violence in basic cable television, but oh lord help us if any bare flesh is exposed. "Concerned parents" will let little Timmy play Call of Duty and kill people in full gory detail, but oh don't let little timmy see a booby. :/ - America is full of annoying hypocrites. [I say this as a Native born American who has proudly served 2 times in the armed forces during times of war - so no, it isn't just "Euro Trash" [another term that is irritating] that think many Americans are uptight prudish snobs] I am glad CD Projekt at least has the cojones to stick to their principles and game design orientation.Gladestone1

Silly americans we seam to blow up sexual stuff kozzy..While the rest of the world matured we are behind the times on this subject..

Read up on PC Gamer's opinions on Duke Nukem Forever. Prudality isn't limited to North America.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Read up on PC Gamer's opinions on Duke Nukem Forever. Prudality isn't limited to North America.guynamedbilly

That's even more annoying because they're smug. Bloody hipsters. RPS made such a fuss about that prisoner's boobs. I don't even pay attention to nudity until someone points it out, it's just... there, doing its job but certainly not something I'm automatically focused on.

Eurogamer's Dante's Inferno review was such a mess - their female reviewer complained about nudity even in that early scene where SPOILERS LOL Dante finds his lover raped and killed. Perhaps the rapists should have covered her breasts after doing it...

I'd rather have full frontal nudity than Beowulf-styIe censorship (it was funny in the movie, but you get what I'm saying...)

sexygirl6t9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sexygirl6t9
Member since 2011 • 237 Posts

[QUOTE="sexygirl6t9"]No. I plan to sue.Gladestone1

This cracks me up hehe..Any how cant sue its mature rating..But still making me laugh..Every one is sue happy ..Ill sue for you trying to sue them

Oh yeah? Bad move. I will just sue you back.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Afaik the only versions that have been cut are the Australian version (and since NZ this time is being a lazy as ****, we also get the Australian version) which only cuts one certain small part of the game where you can accept sex as a payment for a quest. Nudity is in all releases of the game.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Baranga

Afaik the only versions that have been cut are the Australian version (and since NZ this time is being a lazy as ****, we also get the Australian version) which only cuts one certain small part of the game where you can accept sex as a payment for a quest. Nudity is in all releases of the game.

October_Tide

Didn't GOG remove the IP check this week? And doesn't this mean you can get the uncut version from them?

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

[QUOTE="sexygirl6t9"]No. I plan to sue.Gladestone1

this is america. you can sue mcdonalds for making you fat. LOL. I still remember mass effect on the news channel and the two news ladies claimed mass effect to have "full blown sex". :lol: i'm waiting to see how this game turns out.

carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts

[QUOTE="October_Tide"]

Baranga

Didn't GOG remove the IP check this week? And doesn't this mean you can get the uncut version from them?

Yes, but it is most definitely not related with the Australian/NZ censorship. GoG was very adamant and made sure to point out an RPS article that clarified they most definitely are not expecting their loyal user base to fudge the system to get by region restrictions. Yep. GoG users would never ever ever bypass crazy regional restrictions with GoG's new no GeoIP policy... and GoG certainly didn't even consider that possibility. Nope.

(Imagine a guy in a monk hood winking)

weisguy119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 weisguy119
Member since 2006 • 3393 Posts

Tee-hee!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elann2008
I understand some news media loves to blow up things like nudity and violence in games but at least some awesome games aren't being banned in the U.S. Other countries like Australia get hit hard with that stuff.. While other countries may get the game, features like GORE are completely removed. So, I'll take it. :)
Manyac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Manyac
Member since 2005 • 572 Posts

Games shouldn't be censored as much as they are. If they show it in an R-rated film, it should be allowed in a game. I'm talking violence/nudity/language, thematic elements. The gaming community encompasses more than just children. If lazy-ass parents don't want to make an effort to follow the ESRB guidelines or put parental controls on, it's not the developer's or other gamer's fault. Too bad we live in a society where parents go crying to the media/lawmakers and they get free publicity. I'd much rather the government laid off.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

Adult fantasy has been known to have some sex and violence in it.kozzy1234

Adult fantasy needs a bit of sex and violence, in order to actually be mature. And I mean "mature" in the sense that it is grown up,not in the sense that it's naked and gory. Anyone who tries to realistically portray a love story between two adults, and who leaves the sex out, sets themselves up for a complete failure at least in the realism department because when two grownups love each other, they have sex. Often lots of it. :P

Of course it needs to be done in a truly mature way... you can portray sex in a healthy relationship without being gratuitous and overly graphic about it, and still get the point across. Not to mention that throwing in the sex and violence just to have it, or to be "cool", usually ends up coming across as nothing but juvenile.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Yep. And lots of it as I understand it. Basically CD Projekt is the one company around that is going in the opposite direction of the current trend. While most companies are trying to tone down their games to avoid controversy and not rock the boat, CD Projekt actually went on record in an interview saying that they were going to go FURTHER than they did in The Witcher 1 with mature content and themes. I'm as giddy as a school girl going to her first prom with an upperclassman with excitement.nocoolnamejim

roflat that last sentence.:P

I remember that censor fiasco in the U.S. on the original, was glad to get the free update to the EE version.

This time I'm not buying the game from *cough* Atari *cough* I'm buying straight from CD Projekt Red on GOG.:D

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Elann2008

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Yep. And lots of it as I understand it. Basically CD Projekt is the one company around that is going in the opposite direction of the current trend. While most companies are trying to tone down their games to avoid controversy and not rock the boat, CD Projekt actually went on record in an interview saying that they were going to go FURTHER than they did in The Witcher 1 with mature content and themes. I'm as giddy as a school girl going to her first prom with an upperclassman with excitement.topsemag55

roflat that last sentence.:P

I remember that censor fiasco in the U.S. on the original, was glad to get the free update to the EE version.

This time I'm not buying the game from *cough* Atari *cough* I'm buying straight from CD Projekt Red on GOG.:D

I /salute you for buying it from GOG. Good man.

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Oh it'll have more than that ;). I won't be surprised though if Fox News or whatever other journalist is going to make an issue out it.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

The Witcher 2 is hands down the king of game sex scenes, I mean just check out some these pics...PernicioEnigma

Are you trying to get banned?

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 urbangamez

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]The Witcher 2 is hands down the king of game sex scenes, I mean just check out some these pics...Barbariser

Are you trying to get banned?

apparently the nature of the maturity in TW and TW2 is making humanity strong willed :P

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

October_Tide
I don't get why New Zealand gets stuck with the censored version, we have the 18 rating here so I don't see why we have to miss out. If it's only one little thing they take out then it's not really a big deal, but it also makes you wonder if it's even worth having a censored version if they make barely any changes.
ken8659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 ken8659
Member since 2005 • 942 Posts

the way i see it if its got a M rating then they can do whatever the want!

thethemit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thethemit
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

little nudity wont affects player's mind

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

The Witcher 2 is hands down the king of game sex scenes, I mean just check out some these pics...PernicioEnigma

Those better be hi res in final build

Avatar image for Sign-Number-Two
Sign-Number-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sign-Number-Two
Member since 2011 • 95 Posts
The witcher unlike what majority of people say, is exactly aimed at 16-17 years old teenagers. just go to witcher's page here in Gamespot and see what user submitted pictures are viewed the most or write " The Witcher " in google images search bar and see what results it shows... You don't make a game " mature " by putting swearing an nudity in it. You just make it suitable for pervert teenagers so they can fantasize about digital pixels better. ( Bioware games lately are exactly following the same trend, people only remember the romance scenes in them ) I really feel sorry for the people behind the Witcher. They have chosen a pathetic ( but unfortunately effective ) way to make their game popular. but at least I can hope there are people like me who don't buy these kinds of BS. I won't take The withcer 2 even as a gift. I don't make my PC dirty by installing this kind of pig crap in it.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
"Suitable for pervert teenagers"...? Don't you think it would be a good idea to play the game before writing it off as sensationalist garbage? After all, the first one didn't go that route. Also, watch how you phrase your arguments, please. You're bordering on trolling Witcher fans here by assuming we're all perverts. Only some of us are. :P
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Only the Australian version will be altered and only in 1 sidequest where you can't select sex as a rewared. Nudity is present in all versions of the game

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 urbangamez

The witcher unlike what majority of people say, is exactly aimed at 16-17 years old teenagers. just go to witcher's page here in Gamespot and see what user submitted pictures are viewed the most or write " The Witcher " in google images search bar and see what results it shows... You don't make a game " mature " by putting swearing an nudity in it. You just make it suitable for pervert teenagers so they can fantasize about digital pixels better. ( Bioware games lately are exactly following the same trend, people only remember the romance scenes in them ) I really feel sorry for the people behind the Witcher. They have chosen a pathetic ( but unfortunately effective ) way to make their game popular. but at least I can hope there are people like me who don't buy these kinds of BS. I won't take The withcer 2 even as a gift. I don't make my PC dirty by installing this kind of pig crap in it.Sign-Number-Two

:|

Buyer of BS, perverted... umm adult (have not been a teen for a long time now, though I was a perverted one back in the day..Geralt's example I gotta follow) maker of his PC dirty right here bro :P

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
The witcher unlike what majority of people say, is exactly aimed at 16-17 years old teenagers. just go to witcher's page here in Gamespot and see what user submitted pictures are viewed the most or write " The Witcher " in google images search bar and see what results it shows... You don't make a game " mature " by putting swearing an nudity in it. You just make it suitable for pervert teenagers so they can fantasize about digital pixels better. ( Bioware games lately are exactly following the same trend, people only remember the romance scenes in them ) I really feel sorry for the people behind the Witcher. They have chosen a pathetic ( but unfortunately effective ) way to make their game popular. but at least I can hope there are people like me who don't buy these kinds of BS. I won't take The withcer 2 even as a gift. I don't make my PC dirty by installing this kind of pig crap in it.Sign-Number-Two
Sex is part of serious themes, deal with it and sex was the last thing on the list that made Witcher a good, relatively famous RPG. This is the kind of limited, naive, insecure view fanatics have over certain games, it's pathetic, you are pathetic.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

The witcher unlike what majority of people say, is exactly aimed at 16-17 years old teenagers.Sign-Number-Two

You're doing some hard over-generalizing here, as gaming is an ageless hobby, not to mention that RPGs appeal to a broad range age-wise.

I'm buying TW2 for several reasons, chiefly for the storyline, the superb graphics, and the fact that I own the original and I would very much enjoy continuing the storyline.

Btw, I am not a teenager.:lol:

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
Nude women in our video games!?!??!?!?!?! Where is the world going? I mean i can understand running around slaughtering people and making their body parts fly across the area... I can understand you torturing people for information in a spy game. Hell i can even understand killing NPC's when their npc child is watching! But dont you ever dare to show boobs! They are something that the devil have done to lead us on the path of destruction and hell! Seek salvation now and make sure you dont buy this game!!! What? God no im not serious in anyway. Who care if there is sex or nudity (aslong as its not illegal stuff) or exploding corpses. Hell you see boobs on most of the beaches should we ban beaches now (ok point taken some people want that to be banned). The thing that did TW1 good was not the LOL sex if i put it like that. Its not even close to the top reason most people even found it annoying because... Why have a mature and dark game with racism and swearing and "sex" and then give sex cards. Its so silly that its pathetic.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Baranga

The funny thing is that Geralt is being treated as a living vibrator by every woman in the game, except Triss and Shani. And Triss was the only one that understands and accepts Geralt as he is.

If you're offended by the sex and nudity, it's your own fault. I think it's more proof that you're childish since you pay so much attention to it (not talking about you, since I'm convinced you didn't make a serious post). What I saw were the tragicomic adventures of a man that can't have children and every woman sees him as a perfect and exotic one night stand. I thought his relationship with Triss is charming and has a heart, as opposed to most other game love stories, since you can clearly see how and why they're so close despite the twisted world they live in.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
How is nudity bad when games are full of gratuitous violence?
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
How is nudity bad when games are full of gratuitous violence?skrat_01
But gratuitous sex is worse, remember? :P
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

I'm glad. I was afraid they might tone it down. Witcher had good bits of sex and nudity.