Witcher 1 & 2 SALE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Currently on Steam Witcher 1 enchanced edition for 2$ and Witcher 2 enchanced edition for 4$

You can also try them for free till the end of this week.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45894 Posts

Couldn't pass up on the Witcher 1 for that price. Bought it with the money I got from selling trading cards, lol.

Gonna try and finish them both before getting The Witcher 3.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I have some money on my Steam account that I was thinking about using for DayZ. I have never played these games, so its worth the purchase.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I'm really tempted!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

lol, I buy TW2 about 3 weeks ago, thinking that it wont drop back down to 5 dollars in months. Now it is cheaper than ever. Whatever, It was worth it!

Seriously, I beat TW1 and TW2 in the past month and love them both. Now I am clamoring for more, and I just started a new character in Skyrim to see if that scratches the itch. Honestly, not going so hot. Does melee combat ever get fun? I did magic first, which I liked, but melee is so disconnected and boring (at least at first). And I really wish the game was third person (and well done, not how the current 3rd person looks).

Anyway, if you are interested in TW1 and 2 at all, buy them now! Great games, more than worth that measly price. 1 takes some time to get into, but once it picks up it is a blast.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@NaveedLife said:I just started a new character in Skyrim to see if that scratches the itch. Honestly, not going so hot. Does melee combat ever get fun? I did magic first, which I liked, but melee is so disconnected and boring (at least at first). And I really wish the game was third person (and well done, not how the current 3rd person looks).

Nah...Combat (especially melee) in Skyrim is just plain bad. I knew it would be very similar to Oblivion when they tried bs-ing ppl with the whole "brand new creation engine" nonsense, when obviously it still was the Gamybro.

Try Dark/Demons Souls or Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen if you haven't. MUCH better and more fun combat in those games.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NaveedLife

@bussinrounds said:

@NaveedLife said:I just started a new character in Skyrim to see if that scratches the itch. Honestly, not going so hot. Does melee combat ever get fun? I did magic first, which I liked, but melee is so disconnected and boring (at least at first). And I really wish the game was third person (and well done, not how the current 3rd person looks).

Nah...Combat (especially melee) in Skyrim is just plain bad. I knew it would be very similar to Oblivion when they tried bs-ing ppl with the whole "brand new creation engine" nonsense, when obviously it still was the Gamybro.

Try Dark/Demons Souls or Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen if you haven't. MUCH better and more fun combat in those games.

I beat Demons Souls years ago and was not as impressed as others. I own Dark Souls and got probably 25% through it, but then got stuck (think I went a really difficult way according to other members here). I would be playing that, but i need to find some AA batteries for my 360 controller :P.

Never played Dragons Dogma. I don't know what to make of that game.

I guess the answer for me is to find AA batteries and play Dark Souls. I just cannot wait for The Witcher 3!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@Sweetbackhair said:

I'm really tempted!

Get on it, brother!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Word of advice:

Keep in mind that these are two VERY different games. The Witcher 1 is more of an interactive story (the combat system is just a simple point-and-click). The Witcher 2 has an actual combat system (it's a hack-and-slash game).

I bought both during the last sale (same prices), but literally pumped just 15 minutes into the first one before never touching it again.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127472 Posts

Fine, you got me. Witcher 1 bought...

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

Funny enough, I beat Dark Souls right before jumping into the Witcher 2. Suffice to say I was quite disappointed by the drop-off in combat quality. Dark Souls has the best combat system I've ever used in an action game (it's like an old school fighting game transposed into a third person action game, that's how tight it is). The Witcher 2 is fine, but the combat is very generic and "out of your hands" (at the continuous press of a single button you'll have Geralt leaping around the map linking together absurd combos). That's not to say it isn't a fun game, it is.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sweetbackhair

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I'm really tempted!

Get on it, brother!

I have so many games to play still!!

Daian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Daian
Member since 2005 • 2901 Posts

I have a Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls beta key (playable all the way except final boss, character can be saved) that I want to trade for a Witcher 2 Steam code (just 4$ right now). I can't use it because I don't own Diablo 3.

If anyone is interested please private message me asap (so you can catch the 4$ price for W2). I would really appreciate it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I'm really tempted!

Get on it, brother!

The majority of those "other" games are unimportant. The Witcher 1 and 2 shouldn't be missed!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I'm really tempted!

Get on it, brother!

The majority of those "other" games are unimportant. The Witcher 1 and 2 shouldn't be missed!

I agree, they'll probably be lower in price next year or migh be simillar sale on those games when Witcher 3 is going to be released but it's not 100%, they might sell Witcher 1 and 2 in original price to make more profit when 3 will be out.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

I didn't like the combat system of w1 much, would i like Witcher 2? On top of that, the interface looked tiny on my 1080p 24", couldn't get into potion making, and I didn't get phat loot (i really like loot). The story, characters, lore, and atmosphere are unrivaled and I loved them, as well as the choice - consequence System. Basically, I prefer hack n slash games but am willing to deviate If the other stuff is really good. Is the Witcher 2 for me?

agux987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 agux987
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

I bought The WItcher 2 on the Christmas sale. Is the first one important to fully enjoy The Witcher 2 story?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on both.

Bang Bang!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NaveedLife

@agux987 said:

I bought The WItcher 2 on the Christmas sale. Is the first one important to fully enjoy The Witcher 2 story?

A lot of people would tell you no, but I say yes. But I am very picky about my stories, and I love to know all the details and even beyond that, the feel of the characters.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaveedLife

@Kh1ndjal said:

I didn't like the combat system of w1 much, would i like Witcher 2? On top of that, the interface looked tiny on my 1080p 24", couldn't get into potion making, and I didn't get phat loot (i really like loot). The story, characters, lore, and atmosphere are unrivaled and I loved them, as well as the choice - consequence System. Basically, I prefer hack n slash games but am willing to deviate If the other stuff is really good. Is the Witcher 2 for me?

I think you will like TW2 more. I think TW2 is a better game, BUT TW1 has its strong points, and is very imersive. TW2 has more gear, better combat (though not perfect), better graphics, and better choices. With that said, It has flaws and there is a certain imerssion TW1 has.

Both amazing games. If i am being fair, I would say TW1 is an 8.5 and TW2 is a 9. Both feel like more than that, because I was hopelessly addicted to them and overlooked their flaws.

agux987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By agux987
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

@NaveedLife: Thanks! It's way too cheap to let it go :p

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kh1ndjal

@NaveedLife: i grabbed it, it only cost 4 USD. i'm never able to complete these epic RPG's but for four dollars it'd be worth it even if i really enjoy just 5 hours of it.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NaveedLife

@Kh1ndjal: Good idea, though to be honest, my least favorite part is the beginning. Same with The Witcher 1. It gets so much better when it opens up more. If you want to enjoy it and get most of the story, just do the main quest. I did almost all the sidequests and I did it on Dark Mode. If you do it on an easier mode and dont do all the sidequests I think you can make it through at a decent time. Though some of the sidequests are awesome ;).

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sweetbackhair

@PredatorRules said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I'm really tempted!

Get on it, brother!

I agree, they'll probably be lower in price next year or migh be simillar sale on those games when Witcher 3 is going to be released but it's not 100%, they might sell Witcher 1 and 2 in original price to make more profit when 3 will be out.

I'll probably purchase it once I go back to school. I'm just adding more games to my list that'll take a year to complete!!!

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kh1ndjal

@NaveedLife: actually, it's the side quests that side track me in such RPGs. in skyrim i did all the sidequests i found interesting, then took a break and came back after a month and forgot who most of the characters were, what the items in my inventory were, and quite frankly, why my character was where he was. it took so much effort to get re accustomed to everything i just gave up. same thing in fallout 3... and new vegas.

tbh, some of the side quests in these games have better stories than many full blown games, so it's not a total loss. i think i might just rush through the main story main story in the witcher 1, i did finish act 1 though.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NaveedLife

@Kh1ndjal said:

@NaveedLife: actually, it's the side quests that side track me in such RPGs. in skyrim i did all the sidequests i found interesting, then took a break and came back after a month and forgot who most of the characters were, what the items in my inventory were, and quite frankly, why my character was where he was. it took so much effort to get re accustomed to everything i just gave up. same thing in fallout 3... and new vegas.

tbh, some of the side quests in these games have better stories than many full blown games, so it's not a total loss. i think i might just rush through the main story main story in the witcher 1, i did finish act 1 though.

Oh, you have not beat The Witcher 1?

I fully agree with you about Skyrim (and the other games, but especially skyrim). Bethesda's games sorely lack in the appeal of the main questline. And while The Witcher series has some good sidequests, the main story always feels very compelling. Not only that, but often times the sidequests weave into the main story and sometimes effect it. I hardly touched the main story in Skyrim in the 50 hours I played it. I had a blast with the game, but I got bored then, and going back to it now, I feel just as you do. Who is this? What is that? Who am I? The main story is boring beyond belief and honestly, as good as parts of the game are, I just feel it is so aged and broken in ways, when compared to games like The Witcher (which as I said is not perfect either).

Good luck, and I hope you have the time to enjoy them! Even with all their flaws, they are two of my favorite games last gen. I hated TW1 at first and it took me a few tries to get into it. But once I did I found myself not only wanting to beat it for the story, but actually wanting to do all the sidestuff too. I had planned to just get through it as fast as I could to get to The Witcher 2.