Windows Live OneCare any good ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
$20 at Best Buy , plus I need a new anti-virus ,all review I've seen are very positive Not to mention I am sure it will work great with XP and my Vista Laptop
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts
$20 at Best Buy , plus I need a new anti-virus ,all review I've seen are very positive Not to mention I am sure it will work great with XP and my Vista Laptop
Xbox360gamer1
No, it didn't even pass a standard test all good programs like that have to take. It didn't even qualify with a small amount of trouble either. The software isn't worth it. Your 10 times better of getting a freeware program.
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xbox360gamer1
[QUOTE="Xbox360gamer1"]$20 at Best Buy , plus I need a new anti-virus ,all review I've seen are very positive Not to mention I am sure it will work great with XP and my Vista Laptop
DirkVDV01
No, it didn't even pass a standard test all good programs like that have to take. It didn't even qualify with a small amount of trouble either. The software isn't worth it. Your 10 times better of getting a freeware program.

Really too bad, Looked nice having one program
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xbox360gamer1
BTW should the trial of it be fine for around 2 weeks while my friend is away? he can get me a free copy of Kapersky from his work.
Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts
I am using the 90 day trial right now, and I'd say its very good. Very low on resources and seems to be doing its job. In addition to Antivirus and Antispyware, it includes some backup tools. Also i think when you buy a license (49.99 a year, same as norton antivirus), you can install it on upto 3 PCs. I'd say if you are interested download the 90 day trial and see for yourself
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
How much were you looking to spend? depending on things, you could possibly try looking online and purchasing BitDefender Professional+. I think it runs about the same as the regular Norton antivirus (by itself) costs, you get antivirus, antispam (if you use any programs for email like Outlook or Thunderbird), firewall in a fairly neat package. Of the various A/V programs I've used, its A/V component is among the most insanely thorough I've ever used; same with the firewall... and most everything is highly configurable, allowing you to have very deep control over every bit and byte that moves through your computer if you'd like. That being said, look for something that is ICSA labs certified for antivirus applications if at all possible.