Windows 8 Pro upgrade for 15$ + tax

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Former_Slacker (2618 posts) -

What are the legal implications of this? What if they find out all of us didn't actually comps bought after june 2012....YoshiYogurt

You gave them cc info, they could bill you, among other things. Also, according to the EULA, once you upgrade to a new version of windows, the old windows key is no longer considered valid. It can still be used and activated but it isn't considered to be a valid key anymore by MS.

#52 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]What are the legal implications of this? What if they find out all of us didn't actually comps bought after june 2012....msfan1289

didnt read the terms... BUT if they find out im sure they deactivate your win-8 key like when windows does when someone downloads a pirate copy of windows.

but then again how will they find out? all i can see is they deactivate the key or make you go back to win-7 . either case i have my copy of win-7 ready to go.

Why does Microsoft make it so easy to get this promo then? I mean, shouldn't there be more rules to this? If anyone can just do this, I say Microsoft is... rather dumb.

#53 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

[QUOTE="msfan1289"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]What are the legal implications of this? What if they find out all of us didn't actually comps bought after june 2012....Amster_G

didnt read the terms... BUT if they find out im sure they deactivate your win-8 key like when windows does when someone downloads a pirate copy of windows.

but then again how will they find out? all i can see is they deactivate the key or make you go back to win-7 . either case i have my copy of win-7 ready to go.

Why does Microsoft make it so easy to get this promo then? I mean, shouldn't there be more rules to this? If anyone can just do this, I say Microsoft is... rather dumb.

maybe Microsoft things that people are actully honest? idk. but as of right now doesnt matter, i got Win8 for $15 lol

#54 Posted by GamingVengeance (1854 posts) -
im actually liking windows 8, bit weird not having the same old start menu but ill get use to it
#55 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

maybe Microsoft things that people are actully honest? idk. but as of right now doesnt matter, i got Win8 for $15 lol

msfan1289

Yeah, true that. If they decide to deactivate these easily obtained copies of Windows, I'll just pirate me an activator.

#56 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

What are the legal implications of this? What if they find out all of us didn't actually comps bought after june 2012....YoshiYogurt

They will not people expolited windows 7 upgrades and they did nothing

#57 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
Is windows 8 actually worth it for the PC gamer that would only use the original desktop interface? I turn my computer on and off every night/morning so I'd like to have it so I never see the "metro" interface and just boot straight to the classic windows 7 style desktop.YoshiYogurt
There are a few programs that will give back the start button if you don't want to deal with the Metro interface. My personal fav is Start8 by Stardock. It's free for 30 days, then you have to pay $5, but you also get the full version when it is released (it is currently in beta). Personally I'm waiting before I put W8 on my main PC since I want to make sure all the minor bugs have been ironed out/waiting for companies to update their software for W8.
#58 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10673 posts) -
Well, it would have been nice if I read this before I bought Windows 8 on the 26th. -.- I spent $40 on it. Eh, whatever....
#59 Posted by iowastate (7873 posts) -

Why bother with Windows 8?

unless you need it for work there is not any reason to change from W7

windows 8 is nothing more than an excuse to squeeze more cash from us and I think that Bill Gates is plenty rich enough already

#60 Posted by FelipeInside (25662 posts) -

Why bother with Windows 8?

unless you need it for work there is not any reason to change from W7

windows 8 is nothing more than an excuse to squeeze more cash from us and I think that Bill Gates is plenty rich enough already

iowastate
People are so naive these days...
#61 Posted by bossman4 (2 posts) -
I know i'm bumping an old post but i found this thread via a google search and have a question. I'm building a brand new gaming rig from scratch, it's never had an OS on it, if i get the 15$ windows 8 from this thread can i install it cleanly on the new computer?
#62 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -
yes
#63 Posted by bossman4 (2 posts) -
yesMonsieurX
Thanks :) and that will work fine even though i'm downloading it first onto my laptop and then burning onto a disc/flash drive for installing?
#64 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -
yes