windows 7 is having issues at start up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I have been having this problem and I think both of the two are connected. As soon as I start up windows 7, it takes awhile for taskbar to fully load, and that apps wont open till the taskbar is loaded. Even clicking all programs at start up takes awhile to load. Like at a minute. The only program that does load is chrome. I don't think its the ssd dying because it loads fine when I turn on the computer. I am guessing it could be either the cpu, gpu, or motherboard. But the temps look normal for me. I do seem to notice that the gpu run at 55 degrees Celsius when I turn on the computer. Then it goes down to around 44. I am pretty sure that on start up the gpu runs around 44. I am guessing it could that the gpu could be dying. But I don't get how it could be connected to with the task bar taking too long to load.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@TheShadowLord07 said:

I have been having this problem and I think both of the two are connected. As soon as I start up windows 7, it takes awhile for taskbar to fully load, and that apps wont open till the taskbar is loaded. Even clicking all programs at start up takes awhile to load. Like at a minute. The only program that does load is chrome. I don't think its the ssd dying because it loads fine when I turn on the computer. I am guessing it could be either the cpu, gpu, or motherboard. But the temps look normal for me. I do seem to notice that the gpu run at 55 degrees Celsius when I turn on the computer. Then it goes down to around 44. I am pretty sure that on start up the gpu runs around 44. I am guessing it could that the gpu could be dying. But I don't get how it could be connected to with the task bar taking too long to load.

CPU or GPU or Mainboard normally don't affect start up times of Windows, that's normally caused by either the hard drive reading too much (or starting to fail), or some program locking up on startup.

Go into "msconfig" and disable everything... then restart Windows. If it goes fast, then start enabling each item one by one in msconfig until you find the culprit.

That's the first step.