will the 360 controller work with mass effect for the pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

Does anyone here know?

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#2 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't. If it's a Games for Windows branded title, then yes for sure.
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
All games that are on PC aswell as 360 work perfectly on PC with 360 controller as they would with 360.
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
This is one of the contentions with the game - Mass Effect PC does not support any type of controller (though you can use a key stroke emulator like XPadder)
penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 penorburger
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts

Why, just why would you want to, the game was tailored for K/M and is much better using it, may as well play it on 360. Too each his own I guess, but makes zero sense.

carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carlosjuero
All games that are on PC aswell as 360 work perfectly on PC with 360 controller as they would with 360.dramaybaz
As noted in my other reply to this topic - wrong. Some publishers have a different code base between the two it seems
penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 penorburger
This is one of the contentions with the game - Mass Effect PC does not support any type of controller (though you can use a key stroke emulator like XPadder)carlosjuero
Contention? 99% of people who are PC gamers play on K/M because it is better, especially for RPG like ME which also have aiming, which is better with mouse, hotkeys, menu navigation. It is simply way better with K/M.
penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 penorburger
All games that are on PC aswell as 360 work perfectly on PC with 360 controller as they would with 360.dramaybaz
Not true, most do, but not all.
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 carlosjuero
[QUOTE="carlosjuero"]This is one of the contentions with the game - Mass Effect PC does not support any type of controller (though you can use a key stroke emulator like XPadder)penorburger
Contention? 99% of people who are PC gamers play on K/M because it is better, especially for RPG like ME which also have aiming, which is better with mouse, hotkeys, menu navigation. It is simply way better with K/M.

Contention for those who expected it to work with a controller because it was made for the 360 as well. I agree with the KB/M being better.
zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
I don't understand why people want to play with a controller on the PC. If you want to play with a controller go get an x360 or ps3 and buy your games on that
penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 penorburger
I don't understand why people want to play with a controller on the PC. If you want to play with a controller go get an x360 or ps3 and buy your games on thatzerosaber456
It does make zero sense, M/K is one of the big reasons people play on PC and is an advantage. BUT, everyone is different, but I agree, makes no sense. If people just took 30 minutes they would quickly realise how easy and great M/K is.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
There was a sort of hack-ish way to do it, but there were a few minutes that were just incompatible with it. The but the core game itself was perfectly playable. Search the Bioware forums and I'm sure it'll turn up. As for some of you questioning why you'd want to to use a gamepad....maybe because they find it more comfortable? The truth is, in an RPG, human reflexes should have no real bearing on your ability to play.
ThomasMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 ThomasMaster
Member since 2005 • 205 Posts

I know the XBOX 360 controller works with the PC but don't know if it'll work with Mass Effect, sometimes they don't support controllers only Keyboard and mouse

NauthiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 NauthiX
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts
Download XPadder. You can use any controller for any game
zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
than why not get it for the xbox360? if you wanna play games with a controller get a console instead of a new gaming computer.
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

meh i prefered the PC controls the hotkeys made it pretty nice not having to stop and click the abilities

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

[QUOTE="dramaybaz"]All games that are on PC aswell as 360 work perfectly on PC with 360 controller as they would with 360.carlosjuero
As noted in my other reply to this topic - wrong. Some publishers have a different code base between the two it seems

Yeah, weird huh? You can play with a controller in Left 4 Dead, but not in Team Fortress 2.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

People are saying "If you wanna play with a controller, get an xbox"

Well. I sold my 360 and bought a gaming PC precisely so I wouldnt have to use a 360 (which I promised to never use ever again). Its nice to just sit back on the soft couch lounging around with your feet kicked up and without a table, desk, keyboard, or mouse in front of you.

ericpol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ericpol
Member since 2006 • 370 Posts
Amen to that brother
Avatar image for deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts

http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=631441&forum=127 There's a good answer.

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ktseymour
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

[QUOTE="zerosaber456"]I don't understand why people want to play with a controller on the PC. If you want to play with a controller go get an x360 or ps3 and buy your games on thatpenorburger
It does make zero sense, M/K is one of the big reasons people play on PC and is an advantage. BUT, everyone is different, but I agree, makes no sense. If people just took 30 minutes they would quickly realise how easy and great M/K is.

Try playing Grid or Prototype with a Mouse and Keyboard, kind of a pain In the A**. I agree about ME, the PC Is the way this game was meant to be played, the controls are tight and the frame rate rocks the 360's pathetic socks.

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Why would you want to use a controller? It would be much slower, more pausing the game will be required. Regardless it should it is a Games for Windows.

penorburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 penorburger

[QUOTE="penorburger"][QUOTE="zerosaber456"]I don't understand why people want to play with a controller on the PC. If you want to play with a controller go get an x360 or ps3 and buy your games on thatktseymour

Try playing Grid or Prototype with a Mouse and Keyboard, kind of a pain In the A**. I agree about ME, the PC Is the way this game was meant to be played, the controls are tight and the frame rate rocks the 360's pathetic socks.

?? We are talking about ME, those games work with controllers, what is even your point? A game like ME does not need gamepad, it is vastly better and meant to be played with a K/M.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="zerosaber456"]I don't understand why people want to play with a controller on the PC. If you want to play with a controller go get an x360 or ps3 and buy your games on thatpenorburger

I use M/K 95 percent of the time, but I like some games better with the XBox comptrolla...for example, GTA IV is way more fun with a controller than with M/K.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

There are some games i would rather play on controller (like the new Prince of Persia.. and i do), but majority of games i would much rather play on k/m (mass effect). I would love to play it on PC, but alas i have it on the 360 and all my saves are there (unless you can transfer for free.... i am not buying the stupid transfer crap) and i really want them to transfer to the next game (plus i'm not rebuying for PC) i would really only use controllers on the PC for a some games like Lost Planet (feels so much better with it), Prince of Persia, and then majority of racing games and sports titles. Trust me i've played Fifa with the k/m and it would be so much nicer on controller (which i have used too). But games like Crysis that have the option i can't even understand. That would be like taking a shovel to your arms and smashing a keyboard with your face. It would be such a worthless thing to do.