Will dungeons get better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58906 Posts

About two weeks ago I purchased MOP. While I'm enjoying it very much in the general PVE environment, I must say, the dungeons are so easy, it feels almost pointless. As a monk tank, I just aggro some enemies and stand still for 5 seconds while team mates kill them.

It's so easy that even when 2 people disconnected or I wind up with some rogue asshole who is under the impression they are the tank aggro'ing everything, can't die.

Of course this is just classic mod, will dungeons become an actual challenge in heroic mode because at the moment, well, they kind of suck.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Its the typical wow thing. The heroic dungeons are hard at first, but once you start getting gear they become a breeze. The game besides the newest raids are easy because everyone is geared out at this point. I would imagine once you get to hard mode and do randoms you will not have an issue because everyone is so geared at this point.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

About two weeks ago I purchased MOP. While I'm enjoying it very much in the general PVE environment, I must say, the dungeons are so easy, it feels almost pointless. As a monk tank, I just aggro some enemies and stand still for 5 seconds while team mates kill them.

It's so easy that even when 2 people disconnected or I wind up with some rogue asshole who is under the impression they are the tank aggro'ing everything, can't die.

Of course this is just classic mod, will dungeons become an actual challenge in heroic mode because at the moment, well, they kind of suck.

Like I said in the other post, WoW is just a casual game now.

I remember when it was in it's first years, even the 5 man dungeons were a bit of a challenge, where you had to actually use the correct skills/spells to be able to go from level to level. I remember going back to WoW years after not playing it and just "sight-seeing" through the dungeons, with no communication whatsoever from the group.

If you want some cool dungeons that sometimes require skill, SWTOR has a few of them where people really need to stick to their roles.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup

Actually, they do get harder. I checked out my old old Worgan char for a reminder.

No interest in Old Republic. Bioware are not on the same level as Blizzard imo. Lots of bla bla but the core gameplay sucks.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

Actually, they do get harder. I checked out my old old Worgan char for a reminder.

No interest in Old Republic. Bioware are not on the same level as Blizzard imo. Lots of bla bla but the core gameplay sucks.

Core gameplay? SWTOR plays the same as WoW, lol.... they are nearly a carbon copy.

And you're right, Bioware aren't on the same level, they actually try to put some effort into story telling in their games. Seems like Blizzard has stopped doing that for years now, weird cause they weren't too bad at it either.

ProTip: when you respond to someone here, quote them or else they never know you responded.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Core gameplay? SWTOR plays the same as WoW, lol.... they are nearly a carbon copy.

And you're right, Bioware aren't on the same level, they actually try to put some effort into story telling in their games. Seems like Blizzard has stopped doing that for years now, weird cause they weren't too bad at it either.

ProTip: when you respond to someone here, quote them or else they never know you responded.

Copying a product does not make it as good. Go play Lord Of The Rings Online for a prime example of this my friend.

A reason exists why Diablo 2 was sitting in the pc gaming top sellers for 9 years and Starcraft is a national sport. Blizzard polish titles to a T. Bioware do not. I do not care about your pretentious burn face manikin NPC's speaking to each other with awkward sex scenes and forced same gender love interest in bad attempts to seem edgy. I care about the gameplay. Bioware aren't even in the same league.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Copying a product does not make it as good. Go play Lord Of The Rings Online for a prime example of this my friend.

A reason exists why Diablo 2 was sitting in the pc gaming top sellers for 9 years and Starcraft is a national sport. Blizzard polish titles to a T. Bioware do not. I do not care about your pretentious burn face manikin NPC's speaking to each other with awkward sex scenes and forced same gender love interest in bad attempts to seem edgy. I care about the gameplay. Bioware aren't even in the same league.

Well, then it's just personal preference then. All you care about is gameplay, while I care about gameplay and the other factors as well.