Why was Red Alert 3 so hated?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 k41m
Member since 2011 • 879 Posts

I'm just curious to hear from somebody who really hated the game. I loved it, I loved the story, characters and gameplay.

I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with anybody, just wondering why you hate it ;D

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

I don't, it's a really fun game with a great tone.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

@k41m said:

I'm just curious to hear from somebody who really hated the game. I loved it, I loved the story, characters and gameplay.

I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with anybody, just wondering why you hate it ;D

After Red Alert 1 , Red Alert 2 (included expansions) , Red Alert 3 is just a crappy way to drain money from people like EA doing it last decade, first reason true fans of Red Alert were intrigued by Soviet - NATO(Alliance) sci - fi politics , very different theme for bases and units but yet simple and nice looking,. Red Alert 3 was very childish (not saying first 2 parts wasnt) but 3rd part with Japanese Empire with flying insects, Robots who walk with laser Katanas , super laser walking , driving , swiming , flying generic units, laser arrow infantry and many more craps. Story pritty bad , it always ment to be 2 faction battle, in first Red Alert, Albert Enstein killed Adolf Hitler to remove Nazis from world powers. Dunno maybe its only my opinion but i am one of biggest fans of Westwood C&C genre (even owning all Dune RTS games). But things they done in Red Alert 3 arent very good, I dont say thats a bad game but they missed whole concept from first 2 parts of game. Even if they wanted to have story driven timemachine they could include future nazis , but no they included 17th century samurais with Katanas and nano technology. And Arrow infantry with nano technology.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

I enjoyed Red Alert 3 a lot.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

I quite enjoy RA3 myself, but it just isn't as good as RA1 and RA2. Didn't like the very colorfull/cartoony graphics of the game, the campaigns felt too short (probably because the game has 3 factions now) and while I love some of the celeberties playing the cutscenes, they weren't as good as the ones in the previous RA games. Multiplayer wise this is one of the better C&C games though, and the campaign featured some fun challenges and co-op play.

Its not a bad game at all, and I didn't know it was even hated that much. The only C&C game that is widely hated is C&C4, which deserves it

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 k41m

@Assimilat0r: I understand what you mean. Funny thing though they actually do have robotic insects that can serve as a type of smaller UAV in the near future. Look like mosquitos/birds stuff like that, its actually very interesting.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

I didnt mind RA 3 , just didnt care for the cartoony art style

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Comics art style is one point.

IMO best RA game is 2 + it's expansion Yur's Revenge.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I love RA2 (and Yuri's Revenge) but never got into RA3.

I'm not really sure why not though to be honest.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#10 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I didn't like how the campaign was so obviously co-op focused. Did not like how they did the resource system either. Also I felt that RA3 went down the road of stupid-crazy units instead of cool-crazy units in the previous games There are probably other things too, but can't remember them well. The mid-mission movies were decent enough.

I don't hate it, but I certainly don't rate it nearly as high as 1 or 2.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

this actually sounds a lont in

@Assimilat0r said:

@k41m said:

After Red Alert 1 , Red Alert 2 (included expansions) , Red Alert 3 is just a crappy way to drain money from people like EA doing it last decade, first reason true fans of Red Alert were intrigued by Soviet - NATO(Alliance) sci - fi politics , very different theme for bases and units but yet simple and nice looking,. Red Alert 3 was very childish (not saying first 2 parts wasnt) but 3rd part with Japanese Empire with flying insects, Robots who walk with laser Katanas , super laser walking , driving , swiming , flying generic units, laser arrow infantry and many more craps. Story pritty bad , it always ment to be 2 faction battle, in first Red Alert, Albert Enstein killed Adolf Hitler to remove Nazis from world powers. Dunno maybe its only my opinion but i am one of biggest fans of Westwood C&C genre (even owning all Dune RTS games). But things they done in Red Alert 3 arent very good, I dont say thats a bad game but they missed whole concept from first 2 parts of game. Even if they wanted to have story driven timemachine they could include future nazis , but no they included 17th century samurais with Katanas and nano technology. And Arrow infantry with nano technology.

What you just said sounded really awesome then the usual realistic red storm rising setting.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 k41m

@TheShadowLord07: Have you played RA3 yet bro? If not you should its really fun.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

@k41m said:

@TheShadowLord07: Have you played RA3 yet bro? If not you should its really fun.

Nobody said it isnt fun, but compared to RA1 and RA2 its really bad. Game by iteself is good and fun , but prequels are at least 2 times better.

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

They went waaaaaaaaaaaay overboard with the cartoony style, thats the main reason I couldnt stand it