Why Microsoft has been so stubborn with Win. 8?

#1 Posted by crazyguy111 (257 posts) -

Almost everyone I know hates the new interface on Windows 8. The reviews have been horrible as well. Google "windows 8 low sales" or YouTube "Windows 8 sucks" and you will find hundreds of bad articles and angry consumers. Most of this is due to the new interface that no one likes. Yet Microsoft has still not offered a solution. Why?

#2 Posted by wis3boi (31458 posts) -
  • I can google anything with "bad" or "sucks" and get millions of hits
  • They want the mobile market and are copying others by trying to force a unified interface. It bit them in the ass and admitting your mistake is apparently difficult

The smart thing to do would be to offer both a normal win7 type desktop for PCs and have a button/setting to switch to the tiles and such if you like it.

#3 Posted by Nick3306 (2579 posts) -

@crazyguy111 said:

Almost everyone I know hates the new interface on Windows 8. The reviews have been horrible as well. Google "windows 8 low sales" or YouTube "Windows 8 sucks" and you will find hundreds of bad articles and angry consumers. Most of this is due to the new interface that no one likes. Yet Microsoft has still not offered a solution. Why?

Because you dont have to use it. Enough said.

#4 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1785 posts) -

Because MS is stupid.

#5 Edited by Doozie78 (332 posts) -

Corporate whores do what corporate whores do.

You can always just fix the OS with Classic Shell, it's actually a great OS once you install the shell and say buh-bye to microshafts idiotic design decisions.

#6 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

@crazyguy111 said:

If I google something that specific, then I would expect to find some results. Google is pretty good at that. Also, WIndows 8 is a good OS. I have it on my laptop and one of my desktops. It has a fast and easy to use interface. Also, I will say that of the people I know who have windows 8, only a small percentage dislike it.

You need to understand how sheepish society is as far as forming their own opinion on products from what they read about in the media or online (we have all been there). I almost fell victim to the same thing when windows 8 come out...that is until I actually tried it.

#7 Posted by osan0 (12739 posts) -

is MS bringing the start menu back for either windows 8.2 or windows 9?

to be fair to MS pretty much all OSs have taken a shot at the same thing and they all met the same reaction. its just a shame MS didnt learn from the past experiences of other OSs. in the end the same thing has happened as in the linux world: they built the new interface and gradually thay have begun to put more traditional stuff back in.

#8 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7451 posts) -

Idk I feel win8's metro ui menu is so ugly that I may die staring at it.

#9 Posted by cyloninside (607 posts) -

@crazyguy111 said:

because there is nothing wrong with windows 8... and it is actually one of their best operating systems to date.

stop being stuck in the past. there is nothing wrong with the new interface. i can find things in windows 8 far faster than i ever could in past windows versions.

"nobody likes the new interface".....? speak for yourself. your opinion =/= everyones opinion.

#10 Posted by FelipeInside (25660 posts) -

@crazyguy111 said:

Just install Start8 or Classic Shell if the interface really bothers you that much or you don't have the brainpower to learn it.

A combo of the Metro Interface and Classic Start Menu is coming in Windows 9 so you can stop crying. I actually like the upcoming menu, provides best of both worlds.

#11 Edited by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

I do hate win8 design I actually find it really ugly and bland, I have a windows phone and i find it awful,

#12 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26184 posts) -

Because they're working on addressing the faults for Windows 9. They'll slip in and/or test new elements with updates for 8 and then release the full thing with 9. That's what they did for Vista and 7 right?

#13 Edited by FelipeInside (25660 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

I have a windows phone and i find it awful,

I never understood this.

People find this fine:

But find this awful when it's just as colourful but a lot more personalized ???