Why is sims 3 laggy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Snake3232 (733 posts) -

Just has random spikes making the game unplayable at times

Canyourunit or wateva gav me this

I hav all settings maxed out except the aliasing on 0 and draw distance low

I have world adventures expansion, custom music on and a Adidas shoes mod and thats it

#2 Posted by ericpol (370 posts) -
integrated graphics?
#3 Posted by Snake3232 (733 posts) -
nop I have a ATI Radeon 3850, im using a desktop pc
#4 Posted by Jamiemydearx3 (4062 posts) -

Probably not enough ram, harddrive is too slow, or you need to defrag your harddrive.

#5 Posted by kozzy1234 (35274 posts) -

That is just MINIMUM Requirements that you showed remember.
Get some more ram maybe?

Also off topic, the album you have as your avy is awesome! One of the few great rp cds :P

#6 Posted by Snake3232 (733 posts) -

Usually the canyourunit it shows the recommended reqs but for sims 3 it doesnt and it fitted the whole bar up anyways.. lol thanks I reckon Death Threatz is a better album you should listen to Late Night Hype (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTO11Dq-0aM), anyway faq the game it is just a time killer.

#7 Posted by -clippa- (596 posts) -

Sims 3 runs like crap, or at least it did on every rig I tried it. Really stuttery every time you scroll round the map like the engine is trying to do far too much at once. Seems really unoptimized.

I tried it on a (q6600 @ 3.6ghz, 5870, 4gb ram, both xp64 and windows 7 x64) and also a (e6600 @2.4ghz, 8800gt, 4gb ram, xp32) and on both it was exactly the same, so either that's a big coincidence of the game is just badly coded.

#8 Posted by Eneru112 (1165 posts) -

It's the game

Trust me I've got an amazing PC it can play anything on ultra but for some reason Sims 3 is laggy as hell and it stutters everytime I move the camera

#9 Posted by yourmajesty90 (1420 posts) -

It's the game

Trust me I've got an amazing PC it can play anything on ultra but for some reason Sims 3 is laggy as hell and it stutters everytime I move the camera

Eneru112

On mine too, I got used to it really

#10 Posted by Sparticus247 (2368 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eneru112"]

It's the game

yourmajesty90

On mine too, I got used to it really

It run just fine on mine...yeah it's not the greates game but it never drops below 20fps from what i've seen.

#11 Posted by Bigsteve3570 (975 posts) -

It's the game

Eneru112
THIS O GOD THIS.......
#12 Posted by XaosII (16665 posts) -

The gmae is fairly demanding. Its also extremely taxing on your hard driv as it dynamiclaly loads everything while you move the camera around. A RAID setup will help alot more than you think.