Why I F***** hate NViDIA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

http://www.hardwarepal.com/batman-arkham-origins-benchmark/4/

Thats just childish and desperate. Amd never does things like that. Are they trying to force people buy nvidia cards? I dont see how this kind of competition is good, soon people will need 2 gpus from both companies to play games.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@Alienware_fan: the only ones to blame are the developers and publishers that do it for the cash. Look at how shitty AMD runs previous Arkham games compared to Nvidia. Hell it seems any game with the Nvidia logo at the start is doomed to run shitty on AMD

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

that's fucked up, the 7970 and 770 are neck and neck power-wise. Thankfully i have no interest in that series

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

Why would you blame it on Nvidia? Seems to me like AMD needs to do their job and optimize their drivers better.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RevanBITW

@Alienware_fan: Or AMD needs to get their shit together with their optimization.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@RevanBITW said:

@Alienware_fan: Or AMD needs to get their shit together with their optimization.

LOL. This is a joke... right? How the hell is it AMD's responsibility to put out a driver update for every damn game that comes out because the devs are too lazy to do the optimization themselves? That's impossible to do for every game. Developers need to make games that run well on current hardware, not make games under the assumption AMD will fix their bad optimization job for them. It's pathetic.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RevanBITW

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@RevanBITW said:

LOL. This is a joke... right? How the hell is it AMD's responsibility to put out a driver update for every damn game that comes out because the devs are too lazy to do the optimization themselves? That's impossible to do for every game. Developers need to make games that run well on current hardware, not make games under the assumption AMD will fix their bad optimization job for them. It's pathetic.

Right, because it's a lot more sensical to side with the conspiracy theory of Nvidia sabotaging games against AMD.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

@RevanBITW said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@RevanBITW said:

Right, because it's a lot more sensical to side with the conspiracy theory of Nvidia sabotaging games against AMD.

"The way its meant to be played" says it all.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RevanBITW

@Alienware_fan said:

@RevanBITW said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@RevanBITW said:

"The way its meant to be played" says it all.

Because AMD doesn't also ''bribe'' developers to optimize games their way?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toxic-Seahorse

@RevanBITW said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@RevanBITW said:

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a logical business practice. Nvidia is paying them to make the game run better on their cards. It's as simple as that. AMD does it too. I'm not saying Nvidia is completely to blame, I never said that. Most of the blame lies on the developer. I was just pointing out how stupid it is to blame AMD.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#12 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Blame the devs imo. They will probably patch it in a few days and magically you get 30fps extra but the damage is done in the community.

I remember when Metro Last Light came out and I was getting 30fps, 2 days layer with a patch that figure doubled.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@nutcrackr: I remember Metro LL day one it was awful on my amd card then one day later ran perfect.

Though, if I remember correctly didn't Nvidia cards run Tomb Raider badly then it got patched in a day or two (or was that just with tress fx)

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wis3boi

@redskins26rocs said:

@nutcrackr: I remember Metro LL day one it was awful on my amd card then one day later ran perfect.

Though, if I remember correctly didn't Nvidia cards run Tomb Raider badly then it got patched in a day or two (or was that just with tress fx)

took weeks for my nvidia card to run TR wel at all after release

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@redskins26rocs said:

That was just TressFX, which was meaningless to most people AMD and Nvidia users. I didn't care for it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wis3boi

@Elann2008 said:

@redskins26rocs said:

That was just TressFX, which was meaningless to most people AMD and Nvidia users. I didn't care for it.

even with it off it ran like total ass on my 570. Though now on my 7970, with it on and everything , i get near 100fps XD

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nutcrackr

@redskins26rocs said:

Yeah pretty much the same story there. I think there are some strong social engineering factors going on in the background. First impressions are lasting, still see people say certain games run bad on certain cards when it has been patched.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

It's either the game devs deliberately sabotaging the engine so it runs shitty on specific cards from either of the two camps.

Or it's shitty driver compatibility from either of the two engineering camps.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Don't hate Nvidia, hate the devs that agreed on doing such things, just don't buy the game.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

Hmm, that sucks. I'm sure that the game will get patched soon. I get a solid 60 frames per second in the other Arkham games using a single 7870 Tahiti LE...

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#22 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I think all of this conspiracy theory stuff is crap. Yes hardware folks pay companies to feature their product, but it would be stupid for any developer to make one run twice as good as the other. It sounds like an issue that will be fixed either with a patch or with drivers. No way will they leave this as is, which anyone with a little critical thinking could easily surmise as unintentional.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@Elann2008 said:

@redskins26rocs said:

even with it off it ran like total ass on my 570. Though now on my 7970, with it on and everything , i get near 100fps XD

Hmm.. this was not the case for most Nvidia users, even for Gamespot members before the patch. Without TressFX, I was getting 50-60fps on max settings @1200p. Square Enix brought out a patch that improved the performance significantly, even with TressFX turned on. I was getting over 60fps. Then again, the 570 even at the time was an old GPU. I am willing to be bet Nvidia stopped making any decent drivers for it. But to state the obvious, of course it ran and will run better on an AMD card because tressFX was marketed as an AMD feature, designed for AMD... >.>

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts

Nvidia love to peddle their proprietary bs to developers(Physx, G-Sync, HBAO+). AMD are much more open, even TressFX runs on Nvidia cards.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

It's one thing to optimize games FOR your card, another to pay companies to optimize poorly for the competition.

We're getting basically console mentality in video cards where certain games are "Nvidia exclusive"

And that's bad for gamers first of all.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#26  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Didn´t Gamespot used to have a hardware forum? Also shouldn´t this post really be in systemwars since its more "my d is longer than yours" debate.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RevanBITW

@danten81 said:

Nvidia love to peddle their proprietary bs to developers(Physx, G-Sync, HBAO+). AMD are much more open, even TressFX runs on Nvidia cards.

PhysX runs on AMD cards too and G-Sync is an innovation that was long overdue. Same with Mantle, but apparently you're a AMD fanboy as I don't see you complaining about that.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts

@RevanBITW: Not a fanboy. I just don't like proprietary tech. It's also one of the reasons I dislike the 360 pad on PC(Xinput API). As for AMD, I buy their products if I feel they are a good deal(7950). If Mantle hinders Nvidia performance, then I hope it goes the way of Glide.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

PhysX doesn't run on AMD cards. It'll run off of a CPU, though...

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@RevanBITW said:

@danten81 said:

PhysX runs on AMD cards too and G-Sync is an innovation that was long overdue. Same with Mantle, but apparently you're a AMD fanboy as I don't see you complaining about that.

physx does NOT run on AMD cards...

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RevanBITW

@Geminon: you can still run it with a AMD card is what I meant.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Well I have a 7970GE and will not even consider buying this game unless they fix this issue.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Stop crying, AMD will just release a driver that will fix the framerate issues. Happens vice-versa too.

Saying that, my friend is playing on AMD and has no issues.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Toxic-Seahorse

@FelipeInside said:

Stop crying, AMD will just release a driver that will fix the framerate issues. Happens vice-versa too.

Saying that, my friend is playing on AMD and has no issues.

It doesn't happen nearly as much when it's an AMD sponsored game. RAGE, Metro LL, and now Batman, are 3 of the biggest launches with awful AMD optimization I can think of right off the top of my head. What are some big AMD sponsored games where Nvidia cards performed horribly? I can't even think of any big ones.

Also, the fact that AMD has to release a driver update to get the game playable should be unacceptable. It's just the devs pawning off their work onto the card maker knowing that AMD HAS to do it or they'll lose customers.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

@Alienware_fan: What do you mean AMD never does things like that ... lack of optimization is common these days ... tis why we get driver updates after each new AAA title :P

P.S. Damn Morrigan got me into these "tis" again ... whoopsies :P

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a logical business practice. Nvidia is paying them to make the game run better on their cards. It's as simple as that. AMD does it too. I'm not saying Nvidia is completely to blame, I never said that. Most of the blame lies on the developer. I was just pointing out how stupid it is to blame AMD.

I would really like to see proof of that. It just doesn't sound like a good business practice to do something like that. I haven't seen anything that backs up that claim other than prognostication on message boards.

IMO, from what I've seen, Nvidia just does a better job of optimizing its drivers for various games. They are always coming up with updates fixes bugs in specific games. Look at the update logs and see for yourself. Just because Nvidia has better customer service and driver programmers, doesn't mean that there's some conspiracy going on.

It is my opinion that the OP just hates nvidia because they have better programmers. Nothing more.

Ser_Charles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ser_Charles
Member since 2013 • 76 Posts

Are you blaming Nv for they producing graphic cards that have better performance on certain games than ATI?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nutcrackr

AMD has new drivers (13.11 beta v6) offer performance improvements. Performance is on parity, don't panic.

http://www.hardwarepal.com/batman-arkham-origins-benchmark/8/

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Welcome to the corporate world. Either get over it or do something about it.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse

@jcknapier711 said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

I would really like to see proof of that. It just doesn't sound like a good business practice to do something like that. I haven't seen anything that backs up that claim other than prognostication on message boards.

IMO, from what I've seen, Nvidia just does a better job of optimizing its drivers for various games. They are always coming up with updates fixes bugs in specific games. Look at the update logs and see for yourself. Just because Nvidia has better customer service and driver programmers, doesn't mean that there's some conspiracy going on.

It is my opinion that the OP just hates nvidia because they have better programmers. Nothing more.

You're delusional if you think Nvidia sponsoring a game doesn't have anything to do with favorable performance for their cards. What would be the point otherwise? Nvidia pays devs to make games run better on their cards and can then point and say that their cards are better since they perform better in a lot of games. That's how it works. Nvidia is a business, they're not saints only doing what is right for consumers. PhysX proves that. Of course there si no proof, why the hell would they admit to doing that? but the correlation is there and it makes sense. Just to be clear, I'm not saying AMD is much better.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

AMD does the exact same thing. What are you smoking TC??? they went on and on about how the hair tress effect in Tomb Raider only worked well on their cards. I'm not sure if it was true or not cause I have an nvidia card but i never ran into lag from enabling the tressfx hair effects.

Its likely AMD pushed the makers of Tomb raider to include this to hope sell their cards more. And I'm sure Nvidia does the same thing with physx whenever they can to help with benchmark scores and stuff

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse

@nicecall said:

AMD does the exact same thing. What are you smoking TC??? they went on and on about how the hair tress effect in Tomb Raider only worked well on their cards. I'm not sure if it was true or not cause I have an nvidia card but i never ran into lag from enabling the tressfx hair effects.

Its likely AMD pushed the makers of Tomb raider to include this to hope sell their cards more. And I'm sure Nvidia does the same thing with physx whenever they can to help with benchmark scores and stuff

To be fair though, Nvidia cards can use TressFX. The same cannot be said for PhysX. In some games you can put it on your CPU but it's not very good for performance unless you have a high end i7.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RevanBITW
@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@nicecall said:

To be fair though, Nvidia cards can use TressFX. The same cannot be said for PhysX. In some games you can put it on your CPU but it's not very good for performance unless you have a high end i7.

TressFX sucks on Nvidia cards.