Why does Amnesia: The Dark Descent lag so much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Riadon2 (1609 posts) -

I am playing in 1440p using 2 670 4 GB cards in SLI and a 3570k @ 4.6 Ghz.

If I can max out any other game out there, why can I not play Amnesia at 30 fps at any setting?

#2 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

It's too demanding for your weak sauce setup obviously.

:cool:

#3 Posted by dannenissan2 (1890 posts) -
No surprise there, your setup is puny and weak.
#4 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Is there a Vsync that locks it at that or something in the config file? If not then turn off some things or reduce them, like the amount of samples some things have. And remove AO because I think it's spotty at times in the game and drags it down.

#5 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
It probably doesn't support sli. Go single card for Amnesia.
#6 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

It probably doesn't support sli. Go single card for Amnesia. Elann2008

This too.

Also it doesn't have the best most optimised engine around so you have to expect a bit of poor performance at times, even on the best hardware

#7 Posted by GamingVengeance (1842 posts) -
It doesn't support sli if your using the steam version, also the max ssao should be at is 32. The launcher goes up to 128 but the in game options only goes up to 32.the developers said 32 is the max it was suppose to let you choose but they made an error in the game launcher and forgot to change it, not sure why they didnt just fix it with an update
#8 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]It probably doesn't support sli. Go single card for Amnesia. seanmcloughlin

This too.

Also it doesn't have the best most optimised engine around so you have to expect a bit of poor performance at times, even on the best hardware

Yeah I remember trying it on a dual card setup and I had similar issues.

#9 Posted by GamingVengeance (1842 posts) -
If you bought it directly from the amnesia site then just changin the exe. To penumbra will allow sli to work, doing that to the steam version won't work tho