Who owns consoles, even though they have a PC?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Every once in a while I try to understand the reasoning behind some one needing to own more then one platform for gaming purposes....other then the fact that there are many games (good games, as some would say) out there for each console and some people like to dabble in them all.

In all honesty, who has time to play through massive amounts of games for PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii? Hell, I hardly have time to play through my PC games. I even went through my list of games and found all the ones that I haven't beat and made a list (you can see it on my blogs). I have to devote time to these games I haven't beat so I wouldn't have time for a console (not that I want one).

So, I was wondering who out there owns a PC for gaming plus other consoles? Also, why?

Me, I'm strictly a PC gamer (I own a PS2, but I haven't purchased a game for it for over 2 years).

Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts

Wouldn't say I'm a strict PC gamer; I find myself playing PC games more often than anything else lately; although there are a bunch of titles coming out for the 360 towards the end of the year that may balance things out.

Originally I was more of a console junkie; played the Xbox and the Playstation quite heavily. Then I made the decision to stick with one platform only, and so chose the Xbox, then subsequently the 360. Was a heavy console gamer until a few years back, when World of Warcraft was released and led to the resurgence of PC gaming.

Along with WoW I got a bunch of other games, started playing a few oldies like WC3, Age of Mythology, started getting more PC games, Doom, etc. etc. etc. After I quit WoW I sorta just kept playing PC games, there was about a 4 month period where no 360 games interested me at all and so I just stuck with some solid PC games. Now it's probably a 70%/30% ratio between PC games and Xbox 360 games during an average week.

spencer1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 spencer1177
Member since 2004 • 431 Posts
I've got a 360 and love it.........just got halo 3 today and just beat halo 3 today...personally i loved the story and thought it was one the best games of all time....on par with half life and doom....i think its better than doom tho.
ImDrFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 ImDrFreak
Member since 2002 • 1492 Posts
I played consoles for a very long time, but in the long run, I opted to make PC my primary platform. The last generation was the last one for me as an owner of multiple systems. I probably shouldn't have gotten all of them, but I'm wiser now. I think that I will get a Wii eventually because the play experience is so different than what I'm offered on anything else, and much of it looks entertaining and intreaguing. Other than that, Not interested.
Avatar image for deactivated-61e8eaf65bed9
deactivated-61e8eaf65bed9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-61e8eaf65bed9
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I own a PS3 and an XBox 360. I prefer to game on the PC when possible (don't need to compete for TV time with the wife) but both of those systems have fun games that are not available on the PC that I wanted. Also I use the PS3 for Blu-Ray and the XBox 360 for HD-DVD.
BurnThisCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 BurnThisCity
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts
PC LUV 4EVA!!!!! lol No sense in letting all the PC hardware upgrades go to waste by not playing games on the PC no? :D
jaflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaflash
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts
I use my pc for writing crap to people :D playing wow and flight sim but I use my 360 for fps's coz my pc has 1 gig of ram on vista :cry: and I use my 360 for racing games because racing games on pc are crap such as most wanted which was tested on a pc with 2 8800 ultras and 3gigs of ram on windows xp pro and still lagged I use my pc for stratagy games such as supreme commander and warcraft 3rts's on consoles are still to hard to play as fast as on pc
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
I got a PSP, desktop (primary) and laptop for gaming.
Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts

PC is my main gaming platform, but I've got a DS- That I got for free, so I barely use it- and I'm on the fence deciding whether or not to grab an Xbox 360 by the end of the year for Mass Effect.

-PlayStation3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -PlayStation3-
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
I just got my gaming PC last week(see sig for specs)... but I also own a PS3 & 360.
poyupop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 poyupop
Member since 2004 • 228 Posts

PC: RTS/MMO/FPS

XBox 360: XBox exclusives, sports games, driving games

Wii: party games / split screen w/ spouse

Nintendo DS: just because

Billabong81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Billabong81
Member since 2004 • 188 Posts
I have a 360 b/c sports games are generally better on consoles than PC and the occassional console gem (such as Mass Effect & Halo 3).
OkuLaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OkuLaris
Member since 2003 • 803 Posts
No doubt my PC comes first, but my 360 gets much love also. ;)
Jalannom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jalannom
Member since 2003 • 315 Posts

I got a PSP, desktop (primary) and laptop for gaming.The_PC_Gamer

Same here. I got a PSP, desktop for (primary and gaming) laptop for portability.

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts
I got my PC for my serious games and my Wii for the weird asian stuff lol.
Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts

I'm pretty much a pc gamer, primarily because most of the games I like are on pc ( 117 of the 206 games in my collection are pc ).There is also the fact that I love FPS's, and can't stand using a controller to play them.

I'm not against consoles, I do own a Wii although its more for entertaining guests and something for my girlfriend and I to do on rainy days. I've got a ps2 as well, but I never used it all that much. I do find there are some games that are much more suited toplaying in the livingroom, like Tony Hawk and guitar hero.

I always come back to my PC though.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
I still own a NES, SNES and N64. They have been collecting dust for the past ten years now. Im a pc only gamer now. Those were the days of my console playing times when I was younger and couldnt afford to buy my own computer.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

that are still working: a SNES, a gameboy (original!), a playstation, a playstation 2 and i'll be buying my pal's 360 when he gets himself one of these elite ones

i tend to buy consoles long after they've been released for cheap, and pick up the entire awesome games library for cheap, too

i mean, as great as the pc is - the playstation games library with stuff like castlevania: sotn, the oddworld games, street fighter alpha 3, wipeout 2097 (xl) and many more - the pc just can't put out titles like that

i think the well rounded, open-minded gamer needs consoles - just not necessarily at their release, at full price - because consoles, in my experience, tend to have relatively small libraries of awesome games, and their releases are few and far between

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
I own PC and PS2.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

I own a 360, though I'm almost exclusively a PC gamer.

I downloaded/played the Skate demo yesterday..that was the first time I'd played my 360 in months (the last time was Gears of War co-op on Insane.) What I'm really anticipating is Mass Effect, and I'm probably gonna pick up Halo 3 soon.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I got myself a 360 for Coop and stuff but it wasn't worth it.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I've only PC.
vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vicsrealms
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts
I have a NES, SNES, Genesis, PSX, PS2, PS3, and a DS. I won't go into my old TI 994a.
Icehearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#24 Icehearted
Member since 2004 • 1461 Posts
Of the newer consoles I've got the Xbox 360, and I use my PC for games, though she's hardly the spring chicken she used to be (athlon 2400 & GeForce 6600 gtoc). I've also got the DS and a PSP. I could go into the other consoles I've got (even have a Virtual Boy), but the numbers are saddening proof I've got no life.
BurnThisCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 BurnThisCity
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts

PC is my main gaming platform, but I've got a DS- That I got for free, so I barely use it- and I'm on the fence deciding whether or not to grab an Xbox 360 by the end of the year for Mass Effect.

Shadow-Eagle

How did you get a DS for free? :o

I got my PC for my serious games and my Wii for the weird asian stuff lol.FlaminDeath

LOL

Avatar image for woolysockofdoom
woolysockofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 woolysockofdoom
Member since 2003 • 494 Posts

Just bought a 360 3 weeks ago.

Edit: mostly for Halo 3, Mass Effect, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Soul Cal 4 and GTA IV. I'm sure there will be other must-have-games for me as well.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

I use my pc for writing crap to people :D playing wow and flight sim but I use my 360 for fps's coz my pc has 1 gig of ram on vista :cry: and I use my 360 for racing games because racing games on pc are crap such as most wanted which was tested on a pc with 2 8800 ultras and 3gigs of ram on windows xp pro and still lagged I use my pc for stratagy games such as supreme commander and warcraft 3rts's on consoles are still to hard to play as fast as on pcjaflash

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 neatfeatguy

Of the newer consoles I've got the Xbox 360, and I use my PC for games, though she's hardly the spring chicken she used to be (athlon 2400 & GeForce 6600 gtoc). I've also got the DS and a PSP. I could go into the other consoles I've got (even have a Virtual Boy), but the numbers are saddening proof I've got no life.Icehearted

Nothing wrong with owning a Virtual Boy, I've still got one that I pull out every once in a great while and sit at the table and play. I've only got two games left for it....I don't know what happened to the other two or three that my brothers and I used to own. I've just got pinball and the Mario Tennis game. I should look into picking up a few more games for it...

I still own a NES with a couple of games and she still works, but I haven't played it for nearly 4-5 years now. I used to own a slew of games and consoles with my older brother years ago: NES (had 3 back then), GameBoy (had 2), SNES (had 2), Turbo Grafix 16, Atari, Sega Genesis, Sega Genesis 32x....I forget what else, but therewere a couple more mixed in there.

I guess I just can't get myself into consoles anymore. I've tried playing games on them and they just can't do a thing for me. My PC is my gaming platform and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future.

emmm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 emmm78
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts
I own a PS2 and willing to get a PS3 mainly for their exclusive titles. When it comes to FPS/RTS nothing can beat the PC though.
karmageddon2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 karmageddon2k4
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts
I own all of the consoles and a high end pc. I don't understand why people are platform based. I play games for games. I own everything so that the games that come out on one system and not another that i want to play i can. Why limit it to one system that has only a small portion of the pool of games out there. You may say sure there are lots of great games on the pc, ps3, 360, wii, or whatever but when you put everything together you're still missing out on other great games.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts
i have a 360 and a wii and will be getting a PS3. all consoles will have their cracking games so i dont wanna miss out. but i get the vast majority of my games for my PC.
theundertacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 theundertacker
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts
i'm a big pc gamer but there a loads of games that are on other consoles that need to be played. thats why i got a wii and 360, tho i don't play my wii it much anymore, and i want to get a ps3. they all have games that should be played
KhanhAgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KhanhAgE
Member since 2004 • 1345 Posts
I'm equally a PC and console gamer. I love FPS and RTS. But I'm also a sucker for Japanese games, which is why I have a PS2. I enjoy both western and eastern gaming (maybe western a tiny bit more).
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts

I own all of the consoles and a high end pc. I don't understand why people are platform based. I play games for games. I own everything so that the games that come out on one system and not another that i want to play i can. Why limit it to one system that has only a small portion of the pool of games out there. You may say sure there are lots of great games on the pc, ps3, 360, wii, or whatever but when you put everything together you're still missing out on other great games.karmageddon2k4

because of money and time issues?

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 neatfeatguy

[QUOTE="karmageddon2k4"]I own all of the consoles and a high end pc. I don't understand why people are platform based. I play games for games. I own everything so that the games that come out on one system and not another that i want to play i can. Why limit it to one system that has only a small portion of the pool of games out there. You may say sure there are lots of great games on the pc, ps3, 360, wii, or whatever but when you put everything together you're still missing out on other great games.fireandcloud

because of money and time issues?

I was thinking the same thing...if you were to purchase a Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, you'd be dropping around $1,000.00 for those three consoles. I know for a fact that I cannot afford to spend that kind of cash on gaming materials.

I know my wife enjoys playing Wii, just because it's more interactive then other systems and she keeps telling me she's going to buy one for me for Christmas. I keep telling her, "If that's whatyou want to keep telling yourself, that you're buying me a Wii for Christmas."

I don't want a Wii, but if the wife did get one and she wanted me to play with her, I wouldn't tell her no. She's not a gamer and she gets irritated that I spend so much time playing games...maybe an hour or two a night, if I'm lucky, I play games. But I have gone weeks without playing before and as soon as I did play a game for a few hours, she was telling me I was spending too much time playing games again. I can't win!

BlackBart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BlackBart2
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
I bought a Playstation 2 before I got into PC gaming and still play on that from time to time. There are actually a lot of games that I never got around to playing that I would like to go back and catch up on. Now I prefer PC but I will probably consider buying one of the newer consoles as the prices drop.
FishSticks333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FishSticks333
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

i have a pretty good PC.. im gonna have wii.. i have nintendo DS..

had a gamecube.. (wii is technically one console, but to me it's 5 consoles ).

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
Me, PS3, PS2, PS1 and PSP (yes i'm a Sony fanboy)
captalchol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 captalchol
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts
I would buy a 360 if I had money laying around but its not exactly a priority. So no PC only.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
I own a PC and a DS. I'm planning on getting either a wii or 360, but due to limited time I'm not so sure.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

I have the Xbox 360, PS2, N64, and I had a PS1 and Xbox (sold them). I also had a few handhelds like Gameboy and Gameboy color (I think those were the only ones). These days I find that I have a helluva lot less time for games so I don't really play on my consoles that much. The Xbox 360 has a few exclusive games right now that I like. Halo 3 and Gears of War. I know Gears is coming to the PC and Halo 3 will probably come to the PC sometime later, but right now I am enjoying them on my 360. Later on this year and early next year there are a few more games coming out such as Mass Effect that I want to play.

The more I think about it, the closer I come to the conclusion that I should not have spent $400 on the Xbox 360 all the way back at launch, but as more higher quality titles such as Halo 3 and Gears come to the Xbox 360 the more justifiable the purchase becomes. However at the same time these "exclusives" are coming to the PC fairly quickly now so in the end it may not have been worth it.

Is the Xbox 360 necessary to fulfil my gaming needs? No the PC is sufficient enough, but I bought it... so I mind as well use it.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
I would think everyone that owns a console also has a computer and everyone plays PC games.
Zero_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 Zero_Space
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
Well I own more consoles than I care to admit, but I love PC gaming. If I had to pick one platform, it would be my PC.
TheFLCLPope88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheFLCLPope88
Member since 2003 • 2172 Posts
I own three last Gen consoles, (I only bought the PS2, the other two were hand-me-downs), I have a decent PC ,(Plays most most recent games on Medium settings), thinking of getting a X360. I like to have variety with my gaming options, because to be honest I can't stick with FPS & RTS & WRPGs all the time, I need a change, sometimes I feel like playing a JRPG, taking turns & whatnot & playing games that will never see the light of day on the PC (legally anyways), playing with local freinds (seeing as how they hate PC gaming, mainly because of the memorization all the keys, has them going crazy). It's also nice to have a "backup" when your PC starts giving you random errors, like for example I can't play the original Half-life on this computer (never could) because when I pick up the HEV suit it crashes & gives me "Sound Error Volume 403" (Plays fine on my old Windows 98 computer though) .
KuroiSLI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KuroiSLI
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
I own a couple of consoles. A few years ago, consoles used to be my primary gaming system. But now, I'd have to say I game more on my PC. I do still play some Halo spordically on the XBox or some Wii Sports on the Wii, but I spend the majority of my time on PC.
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
I own an old SNES, used to do loads of SFII and mariokart with friends. It's still fun to blow the dust of it every once in a while. I think there is also still a sega genesis somewhere in my parents house, I sold all the games I had for it so that pretty useless now. The main reason why I don't have any current day consoles is because of a limited budget.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
I own a PS2 as well.
marklar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 marklar123
Member since 2004 • 119 Posts

i gotta say, if consoles would just offer a keyboard and mouse, i'd probably give up PC gaming. you have to have a mouse for RTS's and a keyboard and mouse is so much better for FPS's- especially if you're left-handed. if they would make a controller with the ABXY buttons on the left and the joysticks flipped then it would be a little easier, but that doesn't solve the accuracy issues. and for all the people that say, "I have no problem with accuracy. You must suck", quit being ignorant and realize that some people like different controls. another complaint i've heard is that it would be an unfair advantage for the KB + M players. well then make different servers for each type of player. if you don't like that idea i'm pretty sure that shadowrun proved that a KB + M doesn't give that much of an advantage- if any at all.

all i'm saying is that i wish the console makers would at least give people the option and quit being so narrow minded. consoles are so much more cost efficient than pc's but until they offer better controls for ALL game types it'll be PC all the way for me.

Eman810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Eman810
Member since 2003 • 373 Posts
I bought a 360 for sports games and racing games and some platformers which are mostly ass on PC....i also got a ps3, but only cause i was able to get 2 at launch (My sis works @ toys r us) and sold 1 for $1300, and kept one...now regretting it, cause aint **** good for it, that aint on the 360 (360 controller > ps3 controller).....but yup PC > (cause im a big shooter fan)
TheMadCrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheMadCrapper
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts
I have a PC as well as several consoles and handhelds. I own a Playstation (big gray one), Playstation 2 (slim), Super Nintendo, NES (front loader), Sega Genesis (5 of 'em all Model 1's & 2's), Sega 32X, Sega CD (Model 2), Sega Dreamcast, Sega Nomad, Sega Game Gear, Sega Saturn (3 of 'em all Model's A & B),Gameboy, Nintendo DS, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, oh and one of those cheap NES knockoffs that come in cool colors.

Out of all of these though, I play my Sega Saturn and Genesis/32X/CD the most. I plan on building a new DirectX10 PC, so that will most likely change....