Which Unreal Game to get ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amoorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Amoorz
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

After getting sick from playing MW2 and obviously I am not paying 15$ for a couple of maps "stimulus package", I am looking for a new online shooter.....Today I had lots of fun playing unreal tournament 2000 with a couple of friends and I was thinking of trying a newer unreal game.

Which game has a bigger player base online Unreal Tourn 3 or Unreal 2004 ?? Does the newer versions have the option of changing the game speed as UT 2000 did ?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
UT2004. UT3 is a step backwards.... more of a leap.
Amoorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Amoorz

UT2004. UT3 is a step backwards.... more of a leap.millerlight89

Does ppl still play it online ? also is the option of changing the game speed still there (coz I hated that on UT2k)

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Why get...any UT game? Get Bad Company 2. I absolutely love it for PS3 and Im sure is just as good on the PC. If not that get TF2 or World at War.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Get a GOG.com copy of UKT2004. There is no cdkey connected to it, you can pass the file around to all your friends and it will work just the same as any other copy, online and everything.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I know you asked for an Unreal game, but I recommend Bad Company 2...its so awesome, huge community, beautiful, fun, and will be around for a long, long time

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Get a GOG.com copy of UKT2004. There is no cdkey connected to it, you can pass the file around to all your friends and it will work just the same as any other copy, online and everything.

True_Sounds
i dont think gog.com appreciates being advocated as a way to make piracy easy for people.
Amoorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Amoorz

I know you asked for an Unreal game, but I recommend Bad Company 2...its so awesome, huge community, beautiful, fun, and will be around for a long, long time

mrbojangles25

I tried BC2 at my friends and didnt really like it at all...and thanks for the gog.com referral it already saved me 5$ (its for 15$ on steam, 10$ on gog.com)

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#9 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Get the very first Unreal Tournament. That was such an awesome game.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 True_Sounds

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

ferret-gamer

i dont think gog.com appreciates being advocated as a way to make piracy easy for people.

Because sharing a game is considered illegal downloading :roll: Yeah, just like how the used gaming industry is illegal. Why don't you remind the feds to arrest me for lending Crysis to my roomate. :lol:

PS: I'm positive GOG wants that kind of publicity. It's exactly how they are gonna get their name out there, because it's of the few great selling points they have, when compared to alternative direct download competitors.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Amoorz

I tried BC2 at my friends and didnt really like it at all...and thanks for the gog.com referral it already saved me 5$ (its for 15$ on steam, 10$ on gog.com)

Get UT2k4 then, its awesome.

UT3 was cool and all, but where the hell is the community?

Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

[QUOTE="Amoorz"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

Unreal 3 was okay at first, but then that black patch came out. That made Unreal 3 5x atleast. IMO, if more people played it would be a really awesome game!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Amoorz"]

Jamiemydearx3

Unreal 3 was okay at first, but then that black patch came out. That made Unreal 3 5x atleast. IMO, if more people played it would be a really awesome game!

I am almost tempted to buy it simply because the Unreal games are so awesome, and I have every other one. I think I will if it ever comes down to 10 bucks or there is a combo-pack deal (I like to buy my old games via Steam if theyre cheap enough)

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UbiquitousAeon
Member since 2010 • 2099 Posts

[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

I am almost tempted to buy it simply because the Unreal games are so awesome, and I have every other one. I think I will if it ever comes down to 10 bucks or there is a combo-pack deal (I like to buy my old games via Steam if theyre cheap enough)

http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Tournament-III-Pc/dp/B000GRB4G6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274152898&sr=8-1

close enough

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 True_Sounds

[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

It's by no means a bad game. There's just no population left. If they opened it up by making it free, I'd go back and play, but right now there's just a few players and a ton of bots.

NinjaMonky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NinjaMonky
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts

for all that said ut2k4, they're absolutely right! Get that and only that. as for playing online ( i have it for the mac so i don't know if there's a diff. now) i've yet to find a game. i just love playin it on single player though. i'm a spgamer

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UbiquitousAeon

for all that said ut2k4, they're absolutely right! Get that and only that. as for playing online ( i have it for the mac so i don't know if there's a diff. now) i've yet to find a game. i just love playin it on single player though. i'm a spgamer

NinjaMonky
If he's going to play single player he might as well just get UT3, imo.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

if you're whilling a far more fast action go for UT2004, if you're whilling graphics go for UT3, also you can play the demo of UT3 and see it for yourself.

I personally wouldn't recommend on none of those games since they're not popular these days, If I would get sick of MW2 then it'll be Left 4 Dead 2 or Borderlands

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

True_Sounds

Because sharing a game is considered illegal downloading :roll: Yeah, just like how the used gaming industry is illegal. Why don't you remind the feds to arrest me for lending Crysis to my roomate. :lol:

PS: I'm positive GOG wants that kind of publicity. It's exactly how they are gonna get their name out there, because it's of the few great selling points they have, when compared to alternative direct download competitors.

9. Can I install one game both on my laptop and desktop PC at home?

Yes. We are not limiting the number of installations or re-installations as long as you are installing your purchased game on PCs in your household. So yeah, if you've got a render-farm in the basement, you might actually break the world record for the number of legal Fallout installations in one household. However, if you think about installing your game on a friend's PC or sharing it with others then please don't do it, okay?

Link

It is illegal if you are buying from them..

nevralgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nevralgo
Member since 2010 • 126 Posts

DO NOT get UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 !!!

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

GET 2k4, i got it still some servers with people in em.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Must be said the UT3 its pretty horrible. Although I cant wait to do some dev work with the Unreal3 engine for my own project. I would say maybe quake 4 but that seems empty and its not exactly a great game anymore lol

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
What exactly you are aiming at? A game with real guns, etc,etc like mw2 or a unreallistic game like unreal? If you want an unreal game get ut 2004, if you want a reallistic one get bad company 2 however if you dont like vehicles and teamplay then i guess it wont do it for you.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 True_Sounds

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] i dont think gog.com appreciates being advocated as a way to make piracy easy for people.devious742

Yes. We are not limiting the number of installations or re-installations as long as you are installing your purchased game on PCs in your household. So yeah, if you've got a render-farm in the basement, you might actually break the world record for the number of legal Fallout installations in one household. However, if you think about installing your game on a friend's PC or sharing it with others then please don't do it, okay?

Link

lol, nice try.

kokonut1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 kokonut1971
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

UT2004,

tons of good maps made by users. tons of mods made for the game. you can easily double your install size folder and even more by installing the maps and the mods which goes to show you how big the game was to user...

the only downside is you can get tired real fast of this kind of game because it has no real story to it ...

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UbiquitousAeon

[QUOTE="devious742"]

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

True_Sounds

Link

lol, nice try.

Actually, I think their man selling point is that its DRM free, but that doesn't mean they advocate piracy, no offense... There's a huge difference between your friend "borrowing" the game and copying the game. If your friend is to "borrow" it he is required by law to delete the content after use. If a copy is made, that's illegal and if you further distribute that copy, that's even more illegal.

BlackMinistrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 BlackMinistrel
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

I'd say the very first Unreal. When it wasn't even tournament. But then again, I'm sure nobody'd listen. Duh.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 True_Sounds

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

[QUOTE="devious742"]

Link

UbiquitousAeon

lol, nice try.

Actually, I think their man selling point is that its DRM free, but that doesn't mean they advocate piracy, no offense... There's a huge difference between your friend "borrowing" the game and copying the game. If your friend is to "borrow" it he is required by law to delete the content after use. If a copy is made, that's illegal and if you further distribute that copy, that's even more illegal.

I didn't use the word "piracy" once in this thread. If you feel you must own 2 copies of a game to play it with a friend, even if technically speaking 1 copy will work fine, then you just have a different view of what is considered piracy. Anyways this is off-topic, and isn't helping the OP.

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UbiquitousAeon

[QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"]

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

lol, nice try.

True_Sounds

I didn't use the word "piracy" once in this thread. If you feel you must own 2 copies of a game to play it with a friend, even if technically speaking 1 copy will work fine, then you just have a different view of what is considered piracy. Anyways this is off-topic, and isn't helping the OP.

Fair enough but it is exactly what you hinted at. Unless, of course you don't fully understand the concept of piracy.
NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#30 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
ut 2004
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

UT2004 is teh best

Wildedge93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wildedge93
Member since 2007 • 835 Posts
i didnt like unreal 04 or UT3, i say u get a game called combat arms. its really good and free.
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
i didnt like unreal 04 or UT3, i say u get a game called combat arms. its really good and free.Wildedge93
Sorry, but no... .Combat Arms is no where near as good as UT2k4 or UT3.
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I prefer UT gold, but UT2004 is pretty good. I believe there are people still playing 2k4 since the game can be played on the internet even when pirated.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

get this then you don't have to choice which one to get :D

http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Anthology-Pc/dp/B000GPVUUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274226767&sr=8-1

Avatar image for no_one_specific
no_one_specific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 no_one_specific
Member since 2003 • 2612 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Anthology-Pc/dp/B000GPVUUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274226767&sr=8-1

DJ_Headshot
This is the best. I got 2004 long before this, but still, Unreal is AMAZING. It feels like a hybrid of Quake and Half-Life, but it came before the latter. It's a fantastic single player game. I can't recommend it enough. And you also get the original unreal tournament, which unfortunately has some problems on modern hardware, but if you google it, the fixes are well documented. UT2004 is the one I played for a very, very long time, and I've had it close to its release. I love that game. It's fantastic in Multiplayer, and has a great, very addictive single player mode also, so you're not going to be bored with it, especially considering the mods. Both single and multiplayer ones.
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"]

no_one_specific
This is the best. I got 2004 long before this, but still, Unreal is AMAZING. It feels like a hybrid of Quake and Half-Life, but it came before the latter. It's a fantastic single player game. I can't recommend it enough. And you also get the original unreal tournament, which unfortunately has some problems on modern hardware, but if you google it, the fixes are well documented. UT2004 is the one I played for a very, very long time, and I've had it close to its release. I love that game. It's fantastic in Multiplayer, and has a great, very addictive single player mode also, so you're not going to be bored with it, especially considering the mods. Both single and multiplayer ones.

I got the anthology too but i had a UT2003 and UT2004 wayy before lols
kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
UT2004. But seriously, get TF2 or BC2.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 True_Sounds

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

[QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"]Actually, I think their man selling point is that its DRM free, but that doesn't mean they advocate piracy, no offense... There's a huge difference between your friend "borrowing" the game and copying the game. If your friend is to "borrow" it he is required by law to delete the content after use. If a copy is made, that's illegal and if you further distribute that copy, that's even more illegal.

UbiquitousAeon

Fair enough but it is exactly what you hinted at. Unless, of course you don't fully understand the concept of piracy.

Maybe I do, maybe I don't, or maybe I just don't care. I do understand the concept of scarcity, and when there is no DRM there is no scarcity of the IT. Another reason to get UT2k4, a much bigger playerbase.

edit: and no, I don't see giving a video game, or a cd of music to a friend, as piracy. I feel morally sound letting my friend copy and album or a game, onto his computer, without having to delete the data from my own. Piracy is a concept, defined by personal preconceptions; not a definition of a fact.

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 UbiquitousAeon

[QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"][QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

True_Sounds

Maybe I do, maybe I don't, or maybe I just don't care. I do understand the concept of scarcity, and when there is no DRM there is no scarcity of the IT. Another reason to get UT2k4, a much bigger playerbase.

edit: and no, I don't see giving a video game, or a cd of music to a friend, as piracy. I feel morally sound letting my friend copy and album or a game, onto his computer, without having to delete the data from my own. Piracy is a concept, defined by personal preconceptions; not a definition of a fact.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how you feel about it. That is piracy, unless your friend deletes it within in a certain time frame.