Which Motherboard to Buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ilya_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ilya_basic
Member since 2002 • 73 Posts

I just bought a new copy of vista and upon installing I found out that my Nvidia Nforce 2 motherboard isn't very compatible.  My ethernet card doesn't work at all and my audio isn't very good.  All because they decided not to make vista compatible drivers and stayed with xp drivers.

Anyhow, it's not to bad for me, seeing as how I've been looking to upgrade for a while now.  So, can anybody please tell me what is the best motherboard and weather it will be compatible with the rest of my stuff.

My current computer:

ATI Redeon 9800 pro

512 ddr 2 ram

120 gig western digital hard drive

2500+ amd athlon xp cpu

and ofcourse...Nforce 2 motherboard :)

By the way my price range is up to 300, but if need be I can probably go up.  Thanks.

Etherninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 Etherninty
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts

I just bought a new copy of vista and upon installing I found out that my Nvidia Nforce 2 motherboard isn't very compatible.  My ethernet card doesn't work at all and my audio isn't very good.  All because they decided not to make vista compatible drivers and stayed with xp drivers.

Anyhow, it's not to bad for me, seeing as how I've been looking to upgrade for a while now.  So, can anybody please tell me what is the best motherboard and weather it will be compatible with the rest of my stuff.

My current computer:

ATI Redeon 9800 pro

512 ddr 2 ram

120 gig western digital hard drive

2500+ amd athlon xp cpu

and ofcourse...Nforce 2 motherboard :)

By the way my price range is up to 300, but if need be I can probably go up.  Thanks.

Ilya_basic
ASROCK DUAL-VSTA + a cheap Intel core 2 cpu would respect your price range. I suggest you read the ASROCK dual-vsta manual to be sure if it's compatible or not with the rest of your stuff.