Where Can I Buy PC Components?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Maverick6575 (230 posts) -

I need a couple places to buy PC parts. Whether online or in-store. Specifically, I'm looking for a NVIDIA GeForce 410M GPU. I've checked newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, ebay, and amazon, and I haven't been able to find one yet

#2 Posted by LordEC911 (9972 posts) -

I need a couple places to buy PC parts. Whether online or in-store. Specifically, I'm looking for a NVIDIA GeForce 410M GPU. I've checked newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, ebay, and amazon, and I haven't been able to find one yetMaverick6575

Mobile parts are generally OEM only. Unless you have a connection with a distributor your best bet is to contact whoever makes your laptop and see if they have/can order one, if they do they are quite expensive FYI.

#3 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23764 posts) -
ebay
#4 Posted by MonsieurX (31375 posts) -
Why would you want to buy that piece of crap?
#5 Posted by Postmortem123 (7717 posts) -

Why would you want to buy that piece of crap?MonsieurX

#6 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23764 posts) -
I am also pretty sure that's an onboard gpu for a laptop, as in it's not MXM compatible and you can't even change to it/from it.
#7 Posted by Maverick6575 (230 posts) -

I am also pretty sure that's an onboard gpu for a laptop, as in it's not MXM compatible and you can't even change to it/from it.JigglyWiggly_

What's MXM?

#8 Posted by kraken2109 (13181 posts) -

So you're looking for a terrible mobile GPU that you probably won't be able to use?

#9 Posted by Maverick6575 (230 posts) -

So you're looking for a terrible mobile GPU that you probably won't be able to use?

kraken2109

If there is some way to upgrade my laptop GPU, then yes. I've looked, and this is the highest GPU my laptop can handle. Gotta be a step up frim Intel HD 3000

#10 Posted by Postmortem123 (7717 posts) -

I think they're very similar in performance.

Don't bother.

#11 Posted by kraken2109 (13181 posts) -

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Maverick6575

If there is some way to upgrade my laptop GPU, then yes. I've looked, and this is the highest GPU my laptop can handle. Gotta be a step up frim Intel HD 3000

Still not worth having, and since they're not sold as separate parts it will cost a huge amount.