Where are the Dragonlance games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

I've just recently gotten into this series of books, and I find them to be fantastic. Read every book except for the last 2 in the latest trilogy. Now that this is my newest obsession, I thought for sure there mustve been some games put out and set out to find them,but sadly, it seems that this well has gone untapped. I find this to be an absolute travesty.

Has anyone heard any news of any games in development set in the world of Krynn, or perhaps any good mods for recent games that feature the Dragonlance Saga? I can't believe this hasn't been made into an RPG(MMO or otherwise) yet. Just wondering if any of my fellow GS users have similar feelings towards these books and their complete neglection by the videogame industry.

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

The Dragonlance games came out around 1990. They were made by SSI.

Champions of Krynn GS review.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
[QUOTE="Rusteater"]

The Dragonlance games came out around 1990. They were made by SSI.

Champions of Krynn GS review.

Yeah, I had that come up on Google. Seems something a bit more recent is deserved though, methinks. :P
Major_9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Major_9000
Member since 2004 • 260 Posts
Need a remake.
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
DL is owner by atari these days, and they don't seem interested in AD&D anymore, sadly.farrell2k
Actually DL is still owned by Wizards of the Coast who is owned by Hasbro. They have a contract with Atari to publish any games developed for AD&D or any of their game products.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#7 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Atari should put out more games based on Dungeons and Dragons, Dragonlance and Eberron. Maybe contract the development to CD Projeck Red they did a killer job on The Witcher.
Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
[QUOTE="farrell2k"]DL is owner by atari these days, and they don't seem interested in AD&D anymore, sadly.thanatose
Actually DL is still owned by Wizards of the Coast who is owned by Hasbro. They have a contract with Atari to publish any games developed for AD&D or any of their game products.

I think he meant Atari has current rights as far as publishing games. But they recently released a new NWN2 expansion, and they mentioned a new baldur's gate possibly happening. But I doubt any DL games being made any time soon or ever...
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
[QUOTE="thanatose"][QUOTE="farrell2k"]DL is owner by atari these days, and they don't seem interested in AD&D anymore, sadly.Captain__Tripps

I think he meant Atari has current rights as far as publishing games. But they recently released a new NWN2 expansion, and they mentioned a new baldur's gate possibly happening. But I doubt any DL games being made any time soon or ever...

I have a friend that works for Wizards of the Coast and according to Wizards they are not planning on making any DL games in the near future. He couldn't give me a reason but my guess is they are waiting till they have completed DL in 4th Edition D&D.
greenman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 greenman9
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I like games like Diablo and Baulder's Gate. When I was a teenager I was obsessed with ADnD (1983-1992) I look forward to Diablo3 being released sometime this year. One thing I never understood was why hasent any one made a ADnD game for the computer that allowed the player customize there charectors. Race/Class/Gender combos. and along with that the Game would come with a module, for immediate play. future Modules could be purchased to keep the game from becoming stale (and better yet have an Editing program for those who miss being a DM and would like to make there own adventure module. expansion sets could be added to allow new classes similar to the way the pen and paper game came out with new books detailing the Acrobat, Barbarian, and Cavalier. the core of the game set could be set in a world like Krynn or the Forgotten Realms. (the players map of the known world could be blacked out untill the area is explored or when a map is found/purchased, like in the Civilization 4 game) This is what a computer version of ADnD should be like in my own opinion. it should be versatile with the ability to be versitile. The Modules would provide the "Quest" while the core of the game would be Players handbook-Dungeonmasters guide. Lets see ADnD come out with an included module of Dragon Lance. (Tanis Rastlin, Cameron etc. would be NPCs or charectors of lore.) Anyway thats what I want to see, just my two cents. Greenman9
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I like games like Diablo and Baulder's Gate. When I was a teenager I was obsessed with ADnD (1983-1992) I look forward to Diablo3 being released sometime this year. One thing I never understood was why hasent any one made a ADnD game for the computer that allowed the player customize there charectors. Race/Class/Gender combos. and along with that the Game would come with a module, for immediate play. future Modules could be purchased to keep the game from becoming stale (and better yet have an Editing program for those who miss being a DM and would like to make there own adventure module. expansion sets could be added to allow new classes similar to the way the pen and paper game came out with new books detailing the Acrobat, Barbarian, and Cavalier. the core of the game set could be set in a world like Krynn or the Forgotten Realms. (the players map of the known world could be blacked out untill the area is explored or when a map is found/purchased, like in the Civilization 4 game) This is what a computer version of ADnD should be like in my own opinion. it should be versatile with the ability to be versitile. The Modules would provide the "Quest" while the core of the game would be Players handbook-Dungeonmasters guide. Lets see ADnD come out with an included module of Dragon Lance. (Tanis Rastlin, Cameron etc. would be NPCs or charectors of lore.) Anyway thats what I want to see, just my two cents. Greenman9greenman9

You should try Neverwinter Nights.