when does it get fun Diablo 3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ttomm1946 (1871 posts) -

I'm playing a Barbarian and i'm hunting for worthem but so for the game is really lacking fun...no good armor or weapons from npc;s and also the game lacks the personality Diablo 2 had...The graphics aren't that sharp either.....But on normal i could read a book and not die so far..Monsters haven't varried much at all...Does it actually get fun?

#2 Posted by KHAndAnime (13160 posts) -

Diablo 3 isn't very fun for a lot of Diablo 2 fans. I'm a Diablo 2 fan and I had a few hours of fun with Diablo 3. The problem, which has been apparent ever since the first screenshots of the game were divulged, is Diablo 3 is more akin to WoW-lite than D2. You should try playing some action RPGs that are inspired by Diablo 2 and not WoW. Path of Exile might be a good game to look at - and it's free to play!

#3 Posted by ttomm1946 (1871 posts) -

Thank you....!!!

#4 Edited by Byshop (10967 posts) -

Also check out The Inredible Adventures of Van Helsing. That's another Dialbo-esque game that a lot of people were saying is a better Diablo game than D3.

-Byshop

#5 Posted by n00bkid (4161 posts) -

It gets fun when the new expansion comes.

#6 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Byshop said:

Also check out The Inredible Adventures of Van Helsing. That's another Dialbo-esque game that a lot of people were saying is a better Diablo game than D3.

-Byshop

Yeah. Even Torchlight 2 is better.

#7 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5886 posts) -

Path of Exile is the obvious one since its F2P. I'm enjoying it. :)

#8 Edited by Byshop (10967 posts) -

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Yeah. Even Torchlight 2 is better.

Yup, that's another one that the Diablo refugees flee to.

-Byshop

#9 Edited by wis3boi (30897 posts) -

free yourself and play torchlight II or path of exile

#10 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

Diablo 3 was fun for the first run through. Then you realize the game is a grindfest.

#11 Posted by Gammit10 (2235 posts) -

I've considered buying D3. I enjoyed Diablo 1, and thought D2 was pretty good but a bit long. Any veterans of the entire series have a recommendation for me?

#12 Posted by ttomm1946 (1871 posts) -

@SKaREO: I wish 2 would play on windows 7 64 bit.....i'll try torchlight 2

#13 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Try Path of Exile, it's very good. And it's free. Personally, I think it's much better than Torchlight 2.

#14 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

it Just needs alil Local Co-Op.

#15 Posted by ttomm1946 (1871 posts) -

Doing Path Of Exile..thanks for Recommending it. cool game thanks all.

#16 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

diablo 3 was a waste of money lol. two playthroughs then i was bored.

#17 Posted by silversix_ (13628 posts) -

When you download its expansion called PoE

#18 Edited by PredatorRules (7061 posts) -

@ttomm1946: when you start playing with friends online/lan or the better way is Torchlight 2, Path of Exile or my favorite of them all: Dungeon Siege 3 (legendery game for me)

#19 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@ttomm1946: when you start playing with friends online/lan or the better way is Torchlight 2, Path of Exile or my favorite of them all: Dungeon Siege 3 (legendery game for me)

I agree TL2 and PoE are great games. But, Dungeon Siege 3? Did you mean Dungeon Siege 2? xD

#20 Edited by marcthpro (7926 posts) -

Dungeon siege 3 was a Flop indeed as said Elann2008 tried the demo didn't like it :P but i wouldn't mind a Dungeon siege IV if they do it right. meanwhile . Longlive Dragon-age 3 arrival if Developer Diary is Correct

#21 Edited by PredatorRules (7061 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@PredatorRules said:

I agree TL2 and PoE are great games. But, Dungeon Siege 3? Did you mean Dungeon Siege 2? xD

Nope, to be honest at 1st I thought it's going to be just like the original or the 2nd but they've done more than awesome job on this one, gameplay with combat mechanics and animations, storyline, voice acting, graphics - everything was wonderful.(I've played it in 3D, just WOW).

Sure it's different from the last games because of the different gameplay, not it's more real time action instead of the original RPG, it's like putting Dragon Age gameplay in Diablo style of a game.

#22 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

It's more fun if you have friends playing with you for the first time though the campaign.

#23 Edited by Gladestone1 (5484 posts) -

Grim dawn is in beta but purchasable..Creaters of titan quest..Its real tough the first act..Im liking it..Poe is real fun, you should give it a shot plus its free..Its real fun in groups...Its not the best graphically but not the worst either..Ive had a blast with poe..Im hopeful grim dawn is just as good in the second and third act..Cant wait for multiplaying to kick in..

#24 Posted by Assimilat0r (745 posts) -

Path of Exile, Grim Dawn or Torch Light 2, you choose. And btw Blizzard crew should be arrest and accuse them for slaver exploatation and execute.

#25 Edited by trastamad03 (4852 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Nope, to be honest at 1st I thought it's going to be just like the original or the 2nd but they've done more than awesome job on this one, gameplay with combat mechanics and animations, storyline, voice acting, graphics - everything was wonderful.(I've played it in 3D, just WOW).

Sure it's different from the last games because of the different gameplay, not it's more real time action instead of the original RPG, it's like putting Dragon Age gameplay in Diablo style of a game.

Agree with you, I actually had a lot of fun playing Dungeon Siege 3... Granted, I did play it with a controller instead of kb/m.

#26 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@Elann2008 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Agree with you, I actually had a lot of fun playing Dungeon Siege 3... Granted, I did play it with a controller instead of kb/m.

Man.. i gotta give it a try again. I liked the dialogue portions but I really hated the console control scheme UI that they slapped on the game and the camera is horrid.

#27 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

@Gammit10 said:

I've considered buying D3. I enjoyed Diablo 1, and thought D2 was pretty good but a bit long. Any veterans of the entire series have a recommendation for me?

Diablo 3 is good fun for a while, but if you haven't got it yet, I would advise that you wait until the Expansion comes out, with Loot 2.0, and the closure of the Auction Houses. Then get D3. If you do that, I suspect you'll get a far better first impression than most people have already.

Until then, get Path of Exile. It's free 2 play, absolutely not pay 2 win, in any way, and a serious contender for the title of best Iso-ARPG ever made. Diablo 2 is the only one that I hesitate to give it props over, and I'm willing to admit that that may be just because of nostalgia.

#28 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

If you're talking about Diablo 2, it does work on W7-64. I play it pretty often. Are you still using an old retail copy? If so, try registering your CD-Key at Battle.net, and getting a digital copy. Game is old as hell, so the download is like a minute, and I know the digital copies work with 64 bit Windows 7.

#29 Posted by Dante2710 (63137 posts) -

Wait for the expansion before you buy it.

I would suggest checking out Path of Exile (give it a chance, it is really fun, except when GGG continues to nerf things, though it mostly affects those who stick to the single player), Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn.

#30 Edited by trastamad03 (4852 posts) -

@trastamad03 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Elann2008 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Man.. i gotta give it a try again. I liked the dialogue portions but I really hated the console control scheme UI that they slapped on the game and the camera is horrid.

Just don't think of it as a Dungeon Siege game...

#31 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1158 posts) -

@trastamad03: Wait till the expansion, now that is gonna be where the real fun begins.