Whelp another reason not to trust Gearbox..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

.. Been over a month since Homeworld Remasters release.. Not only has there been little to no updates in the "beta" part of the multiplayer.. But the singleplayer (especially in Homeworld 1) is still in beta with numerous things broken.. I don't know what is worse, that Gearbox thought it was a good idea to release it in such a state, or the amount of positive critical press the game has gotten.. Completely ignoring massive problems with the game.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

It's a shame, really. It's hard to trust developers or critics in the industry these days.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I can't finish one of the first missions in homeworld 1. The one where you need to make a ship that collects enemy ships to pick up an enemy frigit though mine never ever connects to the ship needed so I'm stuck and can't continue. Had to just play number 2 and even then it can have problems..

Also wtf happened to LAN play? I got the game in anticipation of the awesome lan fights I was going to have and low and behold they cut it out of even the non remastered versions. Crazy how a remaster has less features then the original. Guess that's just the world we live in though. Less for more says the greedy fat man! LESS FOR MORE!

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

Well, never fear, Gearbox is killing Homeworld even more. They're supporting a brand new Homeworld, but it's set on the planet Kharak and has nothing to do with space. In other words, Gearbox plans on milking the Homeworld name without really delivering a new Homeworld. Sad thing is, the developer contains some of the employees who worked on Homeworld originally.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

It's a shame, really. It's hard to trust developers or critics in the industry these days.

Too true, although the same can be said about basically any industry at this point. Even science can be bought off, I mean look at all the doctors peddling pill after pill, even though their negative side affects severely out weight the positive "intended effects" almost every time.

Gearbox man, they released Duke Nukem: Let Down, as well as Aliens Colonial Let Down, and those are just the ones that effect me personally. I have 0 hope in them releasing a quality product until some heavy changes are made.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Lach0121 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Too true, although the same can be said about basically any industry at this point. Even science can be bought off, I mean look at all the doctors peddling pill after pill, even though their negative side affects severely out weight the positive "intended effects" almost every time.

Gearbox man, they released Duke Nukem: Let Down, as well as Aliens Colonial Let Down, and those are just the ones that effect me personally. I have 0 hope in them releasing a quality product until some heavy changes are made.

People seem to really like Borderlands, but honestly - I haven't liked a single thing Gearbox did since Opposing Force. All of their stuff just reeks of mediocrity.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

@KHAndAnime:

Good point on Borderlands, I for some reason forgot about it completely. I only played the first, and while it was not a bad game at all, no where near as lackluster as the two I mentioned above, it just doesn't resonate well with me enough to worry about its sequels, or prequels.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#8 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Never trust Gearbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

What kills me too was the positive pub the game got, even by people like Total Biscuit... Looking past the already unforgivable with formations and tactics being completely broken.. Half of the Homeworld 1 mission AI doesn't even work properly.. Things like the Gardens of Khadesh is a complete joke now where the enemy motherships just patrol around aimlessly and never attack back when you attack.. In the original they not only had tons more hit points and used their ions on you.. This game has pretty much solidified I will NEVER buy a game from Gearbox again because they don't give a **** about their userbase..