Whats a good 120Hz gaming monitor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

I was going to get a Benq Xl2420T in a few weeks, but for some reason this monitor only had 3 stored offering it for some reason. Maybe someone can tell me why that is ?

Second what would be a good alternative to this monitor ? Possibly around the same price mark..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@TDuiker said:

I was going to get a Benq Xl2420T in a few weeks, but for some reason this monitor only had 3 stored offering it for some reason. Maybe someone can tell me why that is ?

Second what would be a good alternative to this monitor ? Possibly around the same price mark..

Either Asus or BenQ if speaking about 120Hz monitors

They had only 3 stored from many reasons, one of the reason might be because it's sold quickly.

EDIT: make sure your gaming rig is high end enough to run the games on 100+ fps or you're throwing your money away.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TDuiker

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

They had only 3 stored from many reasons, one of the reason might be because it's sold quickly.

EDIT: make sure your gaming rig is high end enough to run the games on 100+ fps or you're throwing your money away.

I was looking on a price compare thngy from holland where i am from, and the Xl2420T only had 3 prices left, like 2 weeks before there where like 10 to 15 stores selling it..

Anyways As you of all people should know i am in the works for a new rig : 900D case, z87 sabertooth mobo, i5 4670K, 2X4 GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 memory, H100i cooler, GTX780. The rest i allready have..

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

If you dont have a system that can produce the framerate to make use of the 120hz correctly a good IPS monitor should be your aim, much better image quality.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TDuiker

I will have a computer that can produce more then 60 frames a second, ergo 120Hz :P

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GeryGo  Moderator

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

I was looking on a price compare thngy from holland where i am from, and the Xl2420T only had 3 prices left, like 2 weeks before there where like 10 to 15 stores selling it..

Anyways As you of all people should know i am in the works for a new rig : 900D case, z87 sabertooth mobo, i5 4670K, 2X4 GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 memory, H100i cooler, GTX780. The rest i allready have..

I get all your gaming hardware, but the 900D I don't get???

A full tower just for 1 GPU? people buying full tower cases for benchmarking and using 3-4 GPUs, they really need that amount of ventilation.

You're going to get 100i so I can recommend you getting 500R.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TDuiker

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

A full tower just for 1 GPU? people buying full tower cases for benchmarking and using 3-4 GPUs, they really need that amount of ventilation.

I dont have to justify the 900D to you, that wasnt the question :P I might pay more, but then theres more to a computer then just performance IMHO.. lets just say its a matter of taste..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

I dont have to justify the 900D to you, that wasnt the question :P I might pay more, but then theres more to a computer then just performance IMHO.. lets just say its a matter of taste..

Sure, just to make a clear state - it's more cool to see smaller PC with the same power as much as a bigger one.

EDIT: you can clearly see simillarity on Mac Pro workstations.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TDuiker

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

Sure, just to make a clear state - it's more cool to see smaller PC with the same power as much as a bigger one.

Well you have youre opinion, i have mine. Anyways, back to monitors..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeryGo  Moderator

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

Any Asus monitor really, but many people on this forum suggest BenQ as well so who am I to argue; so you don't have to worry about your screen if you've already ordered it

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TDuiker

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

Any Asus monitor really, but many people on this forum suggest BenQ as well so who am I to argue; so you don't have to worry about your screen if you've already ordered it

Well i havent ordered it yet, im lookin into the asus monitors now the VG248QE Is slightly cheaper then the 2420T as well hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GeryGo  Moderator

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

Well i havent ordered it yet, im lookin into the asus monitors now the VG248QE Is slightly cheaper then the 2420T as well hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Both are good at the same price range, look on both specs and features, you might like something, I know Asus' side panels (the plastic ones around the screen) are really thin which is IMO an excellent feature.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TDuiker

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

Both are good at the same price range, look on both specs and features, you might like something, I know Asus' side panels (the plastic ones around the screen) are really thin which is IMO an excellent feature.

For the price of a XL2420T (24" 1080P 120Hz 1ms) I can get a VG278HE (27" 1080P 144Hz 2ms) ... ofcourse the 27" does have a bigger pixel pitch, but then i dont think ill notice :P.. i think :P

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TDuiker

I just found out theres a new model from benq, the 2720Z. verry interesting also :D

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GeryGo  Moderator

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

For the price of a XL2420T (24" 1080P 120Hz 1ms) I can get a VG278HE (27" 1080P 144Hz 2ms) ... ofcourse the 27" does have a bigger pixel pitch, but then i dont think ill notice :P.. i think :P

Then go with the 27' 144Hz hands down

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

No reason to get a 120hz display, get a 144hz display. Same price if not cheaper and generally have lower input lag.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

No reason to get a 120hz display, get a 144hz display. Same price if not cheaper and generally have lower input lag.

Yep, get the BenQ 144hz with 1 ms response time.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

A 1440p / 120hz monitor

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

This is the monitor i went with... Asus 24" 144hz 1ms
And it is amazing! Metro last light on 144hz maxed out, is incredable!!! Get it, you won't be sorry!

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TDuiker

@ShadowDeathX said:

A 1440p / 120hz monitor

I am waiting on the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q, but since its also bloody expensive and i havent seen any realeases here in holland yet. ill be getting a ASUS VG278HE..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeryGo  Moderator

@TDuiker said: ill be getting a ASUS VG278HE..

Excellent monitor