What's your favorite PC game or game series of all time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

Even for me that's a tough one to answer being that there are so many games and game series to pick from, but atleast for me it really isn't as hard to pick being that I play games on consoles as well.

I was able to pick two game series that I really like and are my favorite, and those are the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and the Half Life games. If I had to pick just one game only out of those two game series then that is really hard to choose, and I really can't pick just one.

#2 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12193 posts) -

#3 Posted by 8-Bitterness (3707 posts) -

Well, I love Counter-Strike and Doom a whole lot, I don't know if they count but The Elder Scrolls games are also pretty cool.

My favorite game & franchise is Bad Rats.

#4 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4118 posts) -

STALKER.

Such a shame STALKER 2 will most likely never see the light of day.

#5 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

@Doom_HellKnight:

Well, I am guessing that you like the Half Life games. That is since you posted a very large lambda (λ) symbol.

#6 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

Kerbal Space Program and Super Hexagon.

#7 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@ghstbstr: I would have thought that from the name he likes DOOM.

#8 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse:

Yes that is a shame as it was looking good to from some of the screenshots.

#9 Edited by Arthas045 (5100 posts) -

Max Payne is probably my favorite series.

Half Life is pretty sweet too....

#10 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1443 posts) -

I used to like Simcity series the best, but since The Sims 2 added a lot of neighbourhood customization, I like that series more. In the Sims 3 you can even build the entire landmass from scratch.

#11 Edited by LeftClick007 (76 posts) -

Neverwinter Nights and its expansions, amazing game, had tons of fun playing user made stories with friends. Also loads of mods, I dont think Ive seen a game since then build a community like the one Neverwinter had back in the day. Makes me feel old thinking about it though lol. Too bad Obsidian dropped the ball with NWN2, heard Mask of theBetrayer was good, so I need to play that eventually.

#12 Posted by infofrog (189 posts) -

Dark Souls . So ready for part 2

#13 Posted by PredatorRules (7396 posts) -

Most favorite game or series; Hard one, Can't decide but i'll go with all of them: If you've asked me other question like what is your favorite theme in games I'd say lightning fast: Post Apocalyptic

Favorite Post apocaliptic games: Fallout 3 GOTY, STALKER SoC, Metro 2033, Hard Truck Apocalypse

#14 Edited by farrell2k (5807 posts) -

The Legacy of Kain series.

#15 Posted by with_teeth26 (6055 posts) -

Mafia as an individual game, otherwise the Stalker and Half-Life series

#16 Edited by Barbariser (6724 posts) -

Can't really name any one or three particular games/franchises that I love beyond all others. I divide generally them into "awesome", "decent" and "fail" and the first category is pretty big.

WWikipedia: W (named double-u, plural double-ues) is the 23rd letter in the ISO basic Latin alphabet.

#17 Edited by insane_metalist (5975 posts) -

Mafia series
Crysis series
Borderlands series
Counter Strike GO
Just recently started Far Cry 3 and am loving it so far!

#18 Posted by Gogoplexiorayo2 (154 posts) -

has to be the elder scrolls series, even though im not as enthusiastic about the series anymore because of the dumbing down, and npc`s with less and less personality.

I also really enjoy the mass effect and crysis series.

#19 Posted by Ctls_Rajesh (13 posts) -

My Favorite PC games is Black man 2.

#20 Posted by pandora_wizard (56 posts) -

I'm a huge fan of old school RPGs, but I'm unsure it will pick anyone's interest haha.

Otherwise I think games like Limbo, Fez and Journey were splendid.

#21 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15916 posts) -

MS Flight Simulator. It's been with me since my first one from the 80's to FSX.

#22 Edited by pelvist (4628 posts) -

My favorite PC game of all time is Everquest 1. My favorite PC game series of all time is Dark Forces/Jedi Knight.

#23 Posted by pandora_wizard (56 posts) -

Whoa, wait a minute, I've wasted way to many minutes of my life playing Oblivion and Skyrim to forget mentioning about them lol

#24 Posted by GiantAssPanda (1605 posts) -

Half-Life & The Witcher

#25 Posted by nicecall (428 posts) -

Civilization Series

Simcity series from 1990s to 2000.

Ultima Series

#26 Posted by frnk55 (259 posts) -

Morrowind without a doubt.

#27 Edited by soolkiki (1745 posts) -

Elder Scrolls for RPGs and Total War series for strategy. :)

#28 Posted by metacritical (2534 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto, obviously

#29 Edited by Assimilat0r (745 posts) -

Command & Conquer series,

Elder Scrolls

Gothic

Legacy of Kain

Half Life

Quake

Zelda

Mortal Kombat

Castlevania

Warhammer

Warcraft

Witcher

D&D's elite pack (Baldurs Gate , Planescape Torment,....)

Fallout

played ALMOST every produced game in last 20 years. So basicaly thats that.

#30 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -

Sim City

Starcraft

Need for Speed

Diablo

Warhammer

Age of Empire (including AoM)

Far Cry

Nothing special. I didn't love every single game in the series, but at least about half of them I did.

#31 Edited by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Game- Skyrim

Series- Warcraft

Honorable mentions for games- TW2, State of Decay, HL2 + Episodes, The Wolf Among Us, Starbound, Warcraft 3 + TfT, Starcraft 2 WoL + HotS, Morrowind, Metro Last Light, FF14 ARR, WoW, Hotline Miami, Shadow Warrior, Shadowrun Returns, Rome Total War

Honorable mentions for series- Starcraft, The Elder Scrolls, Half Life, The Witcher, Warhammer/DoW

#32 Posted by meubanks (11 posts) -

Any RPG produced by Black Isle was usually good, most notably the Fallout and Baldur's Gate series. Obsolete now but great memories.

Elder Scrolls series.

Wing Commander Series if I'm allowed to get nostalgic. The genre has since disappeared.

Half Life series.

Any 4X that was well done. (Civ series, but there were some other good ones)

The Sim City and Sims franchises. Both series have lost my interest but I spent a lot of time on them, and had a lot of fun with them.

Total War Series.

StarCraft, although SC2 failed to recapture the magic for me.

Nethack- a silly but ridiculously fun freeware game the my friends and I wasted way too many hours on, back in the day.

Probably many more that are slipping my mind. I've been playing PC games since the PC was invented. Some of the old school stuff wouldn't play well today, but they were awesome in their time. (Wizardry, Ultima, Bards Tale, et. al.)

I think I'm feeling nostalgic because it's Christmas.