What PC games should i get??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

In you're opinion what are the top 20 PC games I should get. I enjoy all genres, but please no mindless games like call of duty black ops 2.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

Leisure Suit Larry.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Braid - its close to a perfect game!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.
Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.Elann2008

Shock 2, FEAR, Crysis, Fallout 1/2, Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear, Dead Space 1/2, Arcanum, Half Life 2, Red Orchestra 2, Doom 1/2, Warcraft 3, Quake 1/2/3 etc.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I can suggest Hearts of Iron III. It is a strategy game. You might need a decent PC to play it though. The latest patch fixed my slowdown problems, and I have a fairly good PC. The graphics are not that epic: basically you wage war during WWII with counters that represent tanks, infantry, motorised infantry, and so forth. You also control what your country produces militarily, and your countries diplomacy, politics, technology etc. I suggest you look up the review for it here at gamespot. I also suggest you try very hard mode, once you've got the basics down with an average difficulty play through. Very Hard difficulty made the game fun for me again. I've put a lot of hours into this game, around 70 hrs., and I'm not close to getting sick of it yet.

I was going to say the game is kinda pricey, but I looked it up at steam, and it is only $9.99. For $9.99 you can't go wrong, if your PC can handle it. I haven't tried the more expensive suped up version Finest Hour.

I also suggest Fallout: New Vegas.

SG-Tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SG-Tank
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I would have to say Half-Life 2!
Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

I can suggest Hearts of Iron III. It is a strategy game. You might need a decent PC to play it though. The latest patch fixed my slowdown problems, and I have a fairly good PC. The graphics are not that epic: basically you wage war during WWII with counters that represent tanks, infantry, motorised infantry, and so forth. You also control what your country produces militarily, and your countries diplomacy, politics, technology etc. I suggest you look up the review for it here at gamespot. I also suggest you try very hard mode, once you've got the basics down with an average difficulty play through. Very Hard difficulty made the game fun for me again. I've put a lot of hours into this game, around 70 hrs., and I'm not close to getting sick of it yet.

I was going to say the game is kinda pricey, but I looked it up at steam, and it is only $9.99. For $9.99 you can't go wrong, if your PC can handle it. I haven't tried the more expensive suped up version Finest Hour.

strategyfn
Cool, I'll check it out!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
deactivated-5b19dc46a4767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
Member since 2012 • 118 Posts

First Tier Games (GREATEST of all):

Orange Box

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

F.E.A.R.

DOTA 2

StarCraft II

Second Tier Games:

Counter Strike Source

American McGee's Alice (old classic PC game)

Grim Fandango (old classic PC game)

Mass Effect 2

Sid Meier's Civilization IV

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

In you're opinion what are the top 20 PC games I should get. I enjoy all genres, but please no mindless games like call of duty black ops 2.

SimplyFatal
Walking Dead series Alan Wake Crysis Crysis : Warhead Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay/Dark Athena Shogun 2 : Total War Rome : Total War Warcraft 3 : Reign of Chaos + The Frozen Throne Age of Mythology Gold Edition Batman : Arkham Asylum Batman : Arkham City Dead Space To The Moon Max Payne 3 Splinter Cell : Conviction
Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

[QUOTE="SimplyFatal"]

fend_oblivion

Walking Dead series Alan Wake Crysis Crysis : Warhead Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay/Dark Athena Shogun 2 : Total War Rome : Total War Warcraft 3 : Reign of Chaos + The Frozen Throne Age of Mythology Gold Edition Batman : Arkham Asylum Batman : Arkham City Dead Space To The Moon Max Payne 3 Splinter Cell : Conviction

A good list, but many of the game in it are not through-and-through PC games.

It's funny that you exclude Starcraft 2 and Battlefield 3 from the list, whereas Dead Space isn't a native PC game to begin with.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
  • World in Conflict
  • Witcher 1
  • Half-life 2 + episodes 1&2
  • Company of Heroes
  • Titan Quest
  • Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pipyat(download the complete mods for both)\
  • Fallout 1&2
  • Diablo 1&2
  • Deus Ex
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Zeno Clash
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Super Monday Night Combat
  • Audiosurf
  • Crysis 1 + Warhead
  • Bioshock
  • Katawa Shoujo
  • Penumbra Collection
  • Amnesia Dark Descent
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts
It's funny that you exclude Starcraft 2 and Battlefield 3 from the list, whereas Dead Space isn't a native PC game to begin with.Ravenshout
I added multiplatform games in between in the case the TC is just a PC only gamer. I excluded Starcraft II and Battlefield 3 because I haven't played those games.
PlusFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PlusFour
Member since 2011 • 125 Posts

Total war games (pick ya era!), witcher games, valve games, mount and blade warband!

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Well I will only include games that have aged well:

Quake Live (fps)
CS/CSS/CS go (fps)
Killing Floor (coop fps)
Tribes ascend (fps)
Battlefield 3 (fps)
Stalkers (fps)
Metro 2033 (fps)

Spiral knights I just started playing, seems kinda cool (mmorpg)
Sonic adventure 1 (3d platformer)
Sonic Adventure 2 (coming soon)
Nights into dreams (coming soon)
Trine 2 with friends (platformer)

They are top 20 because I know they are top 20 (they are on consoles already)

Age of mythology, but there isn't really a reason to get into the game so late. (A lot of games i am not including because of that reason, but aom is really good)

Basically pc is just for shooters.

Also no half life 2 hasn't aged that great. Episode two is still pretty good though.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

In no real order (Was At first, then I stopped caring :P)...

1. Diablo II
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Though you dont REALLY need two BF games IMO)
  4. Portal 2
  5. Portal
  6. Borderlands
  7. Borderlands 2
  8. Need For Speed Underground 2
  9. Minecraft
  10. DayZ
  11. Batman Arkham Asylum
  12. Batman Arkham City
  13. GTA San Andreas
  14. Trackmania United
  15. Trackmania Canyon
  16. Braid
  17. Limbo
  18. Diablo III (if you are ok with not expecting its longevity to match DII and others)
  19. Crysis
  20. Assassins Creed II

I am sure I am forgetting some great ones I have played.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Top 20 (in no particular order) I'd go:

1. The Orange Box

2. Bioshock (it's been called "the thinking man's shooter", so if you hate mindless games you might love this)

3. Fallout 3/New Vegas (both are similar gameplay wise, different writing wise, but if you like one you'll like the other)

4. Fallout trilogy (1, 2 and tactics, all are fun but incredibly different from 3 and NV so I hope you enjoy isometric turn based RPG's)

5. Mass Effect trilogy (I could just recommend them all separately, but EA went ahead and put them all on one disc/download)

6. Grand Theft Auto IV pack (comes with IV and Episodes, damn great compilation)

7. Half-Life (the original, and it still holds up well, check out Black Mesa too for free, but I'd play this first to get a sense for it all, Source also holds up well)

8. Crysis Maximum Edition (comes with Warhead and Wars, and it's also a more cerebral shooter)

9. Grand Theft Auto Trilogy (this time, Vice City, III and San Andreas, all fantastic)

10. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (you can also get the original if you can stomach the dated gameplay and graphics, avoid II at all costs)

11. Hitman: Blood Money (the other ones are good too but much more buggy and dated, I haven't played Absolution so I can't comment on that)

12. Max Payne (2 and 3 are also great, but I'd start with the first to get a feel for the story, the shooting mechanics are quite dated though, especially with 3's mechanical refinements bordering on third person shooter perfection)

13. Portal 2 (because if you get the first you may as well get the second as it is quite an amazing game)

14. Left 4 Dead 2 (I'd ignore the first since the second comes with the first's entire campaign with the new weapons, enemies and gore)

15. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

16. Spec Ops: The Line (I feel like this deserves a higher place, it's amazing and really deconstructs shooters in a well thought out way, but it does take a while to start up in the gameplay and story department)

17. STALKER bundle (though I'd play it with the 2009 complete mod)

18. Dark Souls (hard but rewarding, get a gamepad though)

19. Bully: Scholarship Edition (not amazingly ported, but still a blast, and one of my all time favorite games)

20. Batman: Arkham Asylum (this is actually one of my absolute favorite games, but I had a hard time fitting it on this list, City is also incredibly amazing but should be played after for story's sake)

I have a ton more, and I think Black Ops II is actually really good (so I wanted to recommend 4 since I think it's the best one on PC), but if you dislike the series than I shouldn't force my tastes.

ShadowRun02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShadowRun02
Member since 2012 • 72 Posts

World in Conflict (greatt campaign, always one or two full multiplayer servers)

Starcraft 2 (beest rts out there)

Counter Strike,half life 2, TF2 and any other Valve game (i like CS:GO more then source but that's only my opinion XD)

QuakeLive (it's f2p, but it's a great remake of quake)

Battlefield 3 (better on pc, but not a must)

Braid (best platformer evar)

Dota 2/LoL/Any MOBA game, even if you don't like the genre you have to try i since it's the best genre pc has, and it's mostly free.

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004/III!!!! (can't believe i almost forgot them, it has lots of skilled players but they'll try to help you get better if you enter the community)

Bioshock 1 (already mentioned)

STALKER series, it's hard to get into but it's totally worth the effort

Metro 2033

Fallout 3 (better on PC)

and just any rts/moba/fps play better on pc. actually consoles are only good fo Halo/CoD and for fighting games lol

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 strategyfn

[QUOTE="strategyfn"]

SimplyFatal

Cool, I'll check it out!

Feel free to message me if you wind up getting it, I'd like to hear if you liked it or not. I also have advice to give on the game if you need any help. For example this will not spoil much: if you are convoy raiding with submarines, you will want to set them to "defensive stance" so they are very unlikely to be sunk, and they will still sink enemy convoys. I just figured that out recently, and a few other things.

I checked out your profile, and I see we have a similiar taste in games to a certain degree; you gave TW: Empire an 8, and I gave it a 9. I was pleased to see you have some strategy games in your played list.:)

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 strategyfn

Bump. Gamespot glitched.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Wait, are you looking for PC exclusives? Or games in general?

1. Starcraft II
  2. Portal+Portal2
  3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. Dark Souls
  5. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
  6. Amnesia: Dark Descent
  7. Half-Life series (pretty much everything)
  8. Company of Heroes
  9. Crysis+Crysis2
  10. Bioshock
  11. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  12. Dishonored
  13. Civilization V
  14. Shogun 2: Total War
  15. Tribes: Ascend (F2P)
  16. Grand Theft Auto IV
  17. Max Payne 3
  18. Borderlands 2
  19. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  20. League of Legends/DOTA 2 (F2P)

Just a list to get you started. You enjoy retro games?