What gaming laptop should I get

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by danielfadel (9 posts) -

First of all no I won't get desktop even if I know it's the best. I'm thinking of Asus G75VW 17.3'' is that a good thing to choose? Please give opinion and give tips.

#2 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6478 posts) -

either the Asus or the MSI gaming lappys would be my pick, they have a different set of pros and cons.

Now my question would be "how much do you need the gaming lappy?" If you could stretch it a bit you might be able to pick up a Haswell cpu, in those gaming lappys, and from specs it seems that the laptop chips of that processor are quite good.

If not, then the one you listed is not halfbad. heavy and bulky yes, but atleast it is built somewhat well.

#3 Posted by danielfadel (9 posts) -

either the Asus or the MSI gaming lappys would be my pick, they have a different set of pros and cons.

Now my question would be "how much do you need the gaming lappy?" If you could stretch it a bit you might be able to pick up a Haswell cpu, in those gaming lappys, and from specs it seems that the laptop chips of that processor are quite good.

If not, then the one you listed is not halfbad. heavy and bulky yes, but atleast it is built somewhat well.Maddie_Larkin

Well obviously I will do other stuff than just playing with it, for example homework/watching videos and series/youtube and it goes on. I'm unsure how much I woul dplay but I use my PS3 much

#4 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6478 posts) -

[QUOTE="Maddie_Larkin"]

If not, then the one you listed is not halfbad. heavy and bulky yes, but atleast it is built somewhat well.danielfadel

Well obviously I will do other stuff than just playing with it, for example homework/watching videos and series/youtube and it goes on. I'm unsure how much I woul dplay but I use my PS3 much

Oh don't worry they CAN play games allright, that is not what you should be nervous about, I merely ment that if you can stretch it till say later half of the year, we might very well see new Laptops, which will have a pretty nice processor. Sadly I doubt the GPU's will get a huge bump up.

You mentioned the ASUS G75 series, the pros and cons of that Lappy are worth looking into, first off, from a laptop point of view they are a beast. They have outer dust filters if I remember correctly, which will help greatly against dust (dust being one of the biggest killers for laptops due to the difficulty of cleaning).

If I remember the sound is not as great as you would think, but still very passable, I think it was the bass that did not go over too well with reviewers. But a very solid build, which can indeed do homework, movies (yeah yeah it also has the 3d gimmick) and play a ton of games.

I am not sure where you live however but if in Europe I would also suggest the MSI G70 ONE or Dragon. they are often fight for top gaming laptop for the money over here, the MSI has better sound, but ironically I think I remember the monitor being less steller then the ASUS one. And despite the keyboard should be so incredible, it did not live wuite up to the surrounding prerelease hype, but a very good keyboard nevertheless.

But a fair word of warning on both of those, "portable" does not really describe them. I think they each weight around 4 kg. maybe more. So they are heavy and bulky buggers to say the least.