What games are like Gears of War or Halo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slipknot0129 (5484 posts) -

It doesnt seem like there are any games to fill my Gears of War and Halo void on pc. I miss those games since I only have an Alienware computer now.

Doesnt seem like there are any multiplayer shooters where you can take some damage and still live. Are there any games like Gears of War or Halo?

#2 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Sounds like you need to get better at shooters. Or buy an xbox.

#3 Edited by Tokeism (2305 posts) -

TF2

#4 Edited by kraken2109 (12963 posts) -

Tribes is probably the closest you'll get to halo

#5 Edited by Zelda187 (665 posts) -

Pretty much any shooter ever made.

#6 Posted by KHAndAnime (13272 posts) -

Tribes and TF2.

#7 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22109 posts) -

well you can find the first geow on the microsoft sore( or atleast it should be there) and the first two halo's on amazon.

#8 Posted by PredatorRules (7195 posts) -

It doesnt seem like there are any games to fill my Gears of War and Halo void on pc. I miss those games since I only have an Alienware computer now.

Doesnt seem like there are any multiplayer shooters where you can take some damage and still live. Are there any games like Gears of War or Halo?

Most shooters nowdays got that auto heal when you cover system, games like Halo or Gears of War are hard to find since there're no similar games; you can try PlanetSide 2 it's free and as close as you can get to Halo theme.

But like this guy suggested you

Or buy an xbox.

Best thing to do is actually get Xbox One if you're fan of Halo or GoW since both are Xbox exclusives.

#9 Posted by Arthas045 (5081 posts) -

You can get both on pc. The first gears and halo 1 & 2. Other than that you may want to lean towards an Xbox

#10 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Speaking of Gears of War, does anyone know if there's a place to register my old retail copy of the PC version of GeoW for a digital copy? Perhaps one that will work, since my disc copy refuses to install anymore?

#11 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Speaking of Gears of War, does anyone know if there's a place to register my old retail copy of the PC version of GeoW for a digital copy? Perhaps one that will work, since my disc copy refuses to install anymore?

There isn't such a place. Microsoft already gave up on GFWL, as you know. Even when this game launched, it was one of the buggiest port ever. Installation was hell.

#12 Posted by poochyena1986 (15 posts) -

Warframe is a third person shooter, I'm not sure how much like gears it might be.

I'm gonna give it a shot

#13 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

There isn't such a place. Microsoft already gave up on GFWL, as you know. Even when this game launched, it was one of the buggiest port ever. Installation was hell.

That's a shame. Would love to play that again. Maybe I can find some kind of third-party fix to make it work. Haven't tried installing it since the last time it didn't work, which was years ago. At least I did get to play it through and finish it a couple times back in the day, while it still worked.

#14 Posted by drekula2 (1898 posts) -

tf2 totally replaced halo for me.

#15 Edited by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

Nothing is like Halo IMO. Gears of War is even kind of unique compared to other TPS (I dont really like Gears though). I have never played a game and thought this plays like Halo or Gears.

#16 Posted by mhofever (3952 posts) -

Well Gears of War was one of the few first games to have the over-the-shoulder camera styled action games, there's quite a few of them now. One of them I'd recommend is Spec Ops : The Line. It may seem like your typical military game at the start but you won't be saying that later, it's definitely worth a go.

#17 Edited by slipknot0129 (5484 posts) -

Nothing is like Halo IMO. Gears of War is even kind of unique compared to other TPS (I dont really like Gears though). I have never played a game and thought this plays like Halo or Gears.

Yeah I feel the same way. Halo has that authentic feel to it. Gears of War has that in your face cover style gameplay with plenty of gore.