What do you think of my PC ?

#1 Posted by RamyDarwishGTX (11 posts) -

Hello guys , first time posting and first time building this PC ( came from PS3 Console , was not convinced with either of the next gen consoles so decided to switch here so little knowledge of PC Hardware )

Case : Cooler Master Trooper

CPU : i5-4690 3.5 GHZ

GPU : Asus Geforce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Edition

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z97 G1 Sniper

Ram : 16 GB Ram

Monitor : Samsung 23.6 Inch PLS Monitor

PSU : Thermaltake 850 watt 80+ Gold Evo Blue V 2.0

Storage : Seagate 1 TB SSHD ( Budget one , could not get an SSD )

So what do you guys think , will it be good for coming games ? Thanks in advance :)

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (30282 posts) -

Should have spent the extra 20$ to get the unlocked version of the cpu since you have a Z97 motherboard.

850w is kinda wasted unless you plan on going with SLI

#3 Edited by PredatorRules (8026 posts) -

@ramydarwishgtx said:

Hello guys , first time posting and first time building this PC ( came from PS3 Console , was not convinced with either of the next gen consoles so decided to switch here so little knowledge of PC Hardware )

Case : Cooler Master Trooper

CPU : i5-4690 3.5 GHZ

GPU : Asus Geforce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Edition

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z97 G1 Sniper

Ram : 16 GB Ram

Monitor : Samsung 23.6 Inch PLS Monitor

PSU : Thermaltake 850 watt 80+ Gold Evo Blue V 2.0

Storage : Seagate 1 TB SSHD ( Budget one , could not get an SSD )

So what do you guys think , will it be good for coming games ? Thanks in advance :)

Could've bought SSD if you'd take 650Watts PSU, normal MOBO and 8Gb of RAM.

But your setup is nice.

#4 Posted by RamyDarwishGTX (11 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Should have spent the extra 20$ to get the unlocked version of the cpu since you have a Z97 motherboard.

850w is kinda wasted unless you plan on going with SLI

Yes i got the 850 for SLI or if the next GPU will need extremely higher power so i dont need to change the PSU anytime soon even if i change/add the GPU

Could not afford the unlocked version of the CPU now in my country , but i aim to get the 4790 K in a couple of years and it will be an easy switch , and thank you :)

@PredatorRules said:

@ramydarwishgtx said:

Hello guys , first time posting and first time building this PC ( came from PS3 Console , was not convinced with either of the next gen consoles so decided to switch here so little knowledge of PC Hardware )

Case : Cooler Master Trooper

CPU : i5-4690 3.5 GHZ

GPU : Asus Geforce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Edition

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z97 G1 Sniper

Ram : 16 GB Ram

Monitor : Samsung 23.6 Inch PLS Monitor

PSU : Thermaltake 850 watt 80+ Gold Evo Blue V 2.0

Storage : Seagate 1 TB SSHD ( Budget one , could not get an SSD )

So what do you guys think , will it be good for coming games ? Thanks in advance :)

Could've bought SSD if you'd take 650Watts PSU, normal MOBO and 8Gb of RAM.

But your setup is nice.

i think i will get the SSD in a couple of years thanks :)

#5 Posted by RevanBITW (564 posts) -

@ramydarwishgtx said:

@MonsieurX said:

Should have spent the extra 20$ to get the unlocked version of the cpu since you have a Z97 motherboard.

850w is kinda wasted unless you plan on going with SLI

Yes i got the 850 for SLI or if the next GPU will need extremely higher power so i dont need to change the PSU anytime soon even if i change/add the GPU

Could not afford the unlocked version of the CPU now in my country , but i aim to get the 4790 K in a couple of years and it will be an easy switch , and thank you :)

@PredatorRules said:

@ramydarwishgtx said:

Hello guys , first time posting and first time building this PC ( came from PS3 Console , was not convinced with either of the next gen consoles so decided to switch here so little knowledge of PC Hardware )

Case : Cooler Master Trooper

CPU : i5-4690 3.5 GHZ

GPU : Asus Geforce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Edition

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z97 G1 Sniper

Ram : 16 GB Ram

Monitor : Samsung 23.6 Inch PLS Monitor

PSU : Thermaltake 850 watt 80+ Gold Evo Blue V 2.0

Storage : Seagate 1 TB SSHD ( Budget one , could not get an SSD )

So what do you guys think , will it be good for coming games ? Thanks in advance :)

Could've bought SSD if you'd take 650Watts PSU, normal MOBO and 8Gb of RAM.

But your setup is nice.

i think i will get the SSD in a couple of years thanks :)

You should get the SSD as soon as you can, before any other upgrade. It really improves the day-to-day normal use of a computer.

#6 Edited by RamyDarwishGTX (11 posts) -

hmm really it does make that a lot of difference ? i thought it would speed loading times in games higher than the hybrid by some time ( compared to my brother old HDD which is .... awful ) .... anyway , will think of getting one in some months when i get back some money , thanks :)

#7 Posted by NeoGen85 (4173 posts) -

I have SSD and it's more of a convenience. But that's about it. . .

#8 Posted by PredatorRules (8026 posts) -

@ramydarwishgtx said:

hmm really it does make that a lot of difference ? i thought it would speed loading times in games higher than the hybrid by some time ( compared to my brother old HDD which is .... awful ) .... anyway , will think of getting one in some months when i get back some money , thanks :)

You shouldn't care much of SSD unless you load your levels very often or you play PlanetSide 2

#9 Posted by PapaTrop (1249 posts) -

@ramydarwishgtx said:

hmm really it does make that a lot of difference ? i thought it would speed loading times in games higher than the hybrid by some time ( compared to my brother old HDD which is .... awful ) .... anyway , will think of getting one in some months when i get back some money , thanks :)

Well, it only really makes a difference if you're used to using a standard HDD in your daily life.

That way when you finally do upgrade you'll notice the changes.

#10 Posted by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -

@ramydarwishgtx said:

hmm really it does make that a lot of difference ? i thought it would speed loading times in games higher than the hybrid by some time ( compared to my brother old HDD which is .... awful ) .... anyway , will think of getting one in some months when i get back some money , thanks :)

Yes it does. BF4 maps load in about 1 minute, instead of 4-5 minutes. And you know how in most unreal engine games you notice a lot of texture streaming? (textures showing as low quality then gradually improving) This doesn't exist on an SSD. Believe me, the feeling of games loading instantly is amazing.
And btw, what I mentioned was compared to a WD Black drive, not a slow Green one..

#11 Edited by johnd13 (8147 posts) -

You got some great suggestions so far. Apart from those, you have a pretty great rig. :)

#12 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7415 posts) -

A great time to buy a rig! It'll be another year before the consoles have a formidable enough of a library for me to buy at least.

Get an ssd for boot drive, everything will be lightning fast.

#13 Posted by RamyDarwishGTX (11 posts) -

seems the SSD is way more important than i thought , well i think i may get a 128 GB SSD as thats the only space i can afford as higher space = ALOT more money , thanks for suggestions guys :)

#14 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7415 posts) -

@ramydarwishgtx said:

seems the SSD is way more important than i thought , well i think i may get a 128 GB SSD as thats the only space i can afford as higher space = ALOT more money , thanks for suggestions guys :)

You don't really need it, but the system is new and well rounded enough to add anything. Maybe a heatsink if the stock one is too noisy.

Other options are splurging on a nice headphone/dac setup.

#15 Posted by kraken2109 (13056 posts) -

Personally I'd drop the GPU down a bit (top end is always terrible price:performance) and spend the spare on an unlocked CPU, CPU cooler and (if possible) SSD.

#16 Posted by Coseniath (939 posts) -
@Bikouchu35 said:

@ramydarwishgtx said:

seems the SSD is way more important than i thought , well i think i may get a 128 GB SSD as thats the only space i can afford as higher space = ALOT more money , thanks for suggestions guys :)

You don't really need it, but the system is new and well rounded enough to add anything.

+1.

The SSD will not give you a single FPS. The only thing will do is that it can make your start up faster and faster loading screens. This is it. Nothing more...

Of course is nice to have an SSD but its not a valuable gaming PC part. Placing the $$ in CPU/GPU will always give you better gaming experience (smoother framerates).

#17 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23567 posts) -

You kind of need a SSD if you want your computer usage experience to be enjoyable. It makes a huge difference, I really don't like using computers with mechanical drives as their main drive.