What do you think of my PC ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RamyDarwishGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 RamyDarwishGTX
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hello guys , first time posting and first time building this PC ( came from PS3 Console , was not convinced with either of the next gen consoles so decided to switch here so little knowledge of PC Hardware )

Case : Cooler Master Trooper

CPU : i5-4690 3.5 GHZ

GPU : Asus Geforce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Edition

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z97 G1 Sniper

Ram : 16 GB Ram

Monitor : Samsung 23.6 Inch PLS Monitor

PSU : Thermaltake 850 watt 80+ Gold Evo Blue V 2.0

Storage : Seagate 1 TB SSHD ( Budget one , could not get an SSD )

So what do you guys think , will it be good for coming games ? Thanks in advance :)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Should have spent the extra 20$ to get the unlocked version of the cpu since you have a Z97 motherboard.

850w is kinda wasted unless you plan on going with SLI

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@ramydarwishgtx said:

Hello guys , first time posting and first time building this PC ( came from PS3 Console , was not convinced with either of the next gen consoles so decided to switch here so little knowledge of PC Hardware )

So what do you guys think , will it be good for coming games ? Thanks in advance :)

Could've bought SSD if you'd take 650Watts PSU, normal MOBO and 8Gb of RAM.

But your setup is nice.

RamyDarwishGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RamyDarwishGTX

@MonsieurX said:

Should have spent the extra 20$ to get the unlocked version of the cpu since you have a Z97 motherboard.

Yes i got the 850 for SLI or if the next GPU will need extremely higher power so i dont need to change the PSU anytime soon even if i change/add the GPU

Could not afford the unlocked version of the CPU now in my country , but i aim to get the 4790 K in a couple of years and it will be an easy switch , and thank you :)

@PredatorRules said:

@ramydarwishgtx said:

But your setup is nice.

i think i will get the SSD in a couple of years thanks :)

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

@ramydarwishgtx said:

@MonsieurX said:

Yes i got the 850 for SLI or if the next GPU will need extremely higher power so i dont need to change the PSU anytime soon even if i change/add the GPU

Could not afford the unlocked version of the CPU now in my country , but i aim to get the 4790 K in a couple of years and it will be an easy switch , and thank you :)

@PredatorRules said:

@ramydarwishgtx said:

But your setup is nice.

i think i will get the SSD in a couple of years thanks :)

You should get the SSD as soon as you can, before any other upgrade. It really improves the day-to-day normal use of a computer.

RamyDarwishGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RamyDarwishGTX

hmm really it does make that a lot of difference ? i thought it would speed loading times in games higher than the hybrid by some time ( compared to my brother old HDD which is .... awful ) .... anyway , will think of getting one in some months when i get back some money , thanks :)

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I have SSD and it's more of a convenience. But that's about it. . .

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@ramydarwishgtx said:

hmm really it does make that a lot of difference ? i thought it would speed loading times in games higher than the hybrid by some time ( compared to my brother old HDD which is .... awful ) .... anyway , will think of getting one in some months when i get back some money , thanks :)

You shouldn't care much of SSD unless you load your levels very often or you play PlanetSide 2

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@ramydarwishgtx said:

Well, it only really makes a difference if you're used to using a standard HDD in your daily life.

That way when you finally do upgrade you'll notice the changes.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@ramydarwishgtx said:

Yes it does. BF4 maps load in about 1 minute, instead of 4-5 minutes. And you know how in most unreal engine games you notice a lot of texture streaming? (textures showing as low quality then gradually improving) This doesn't exist on an SSD. Believe me, the feeling of games loading instantly is amazing.
And btw, what I mentioned was compared to a WD Black drive, not a slow Green one..

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

You got some great suggestions so far. Apart from those, you have a pretty great rig. :)

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

A great time to buy a rig! It'll be another year before the consoles have a formidable enough of a library for me to buy at least.

Get an ssd for boot drive, everything will be lightning fast.

RamyDarwishGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RamyDarwishGTX

seems the SSD is way more important than i thought , well i think i may get a 128 GB SSD as thats the only space i can afford as higher space = ALOT more money , thanks for suggestions guys :)

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@ramydarwishgtx said:

seems the SSD is way more important than i thought , well i think i may get a 128 GB SSD as thats the only space i can afford as higher space = ALOT more money , thanks for suggestions guys :)

You don't really need it, but the system is new and well rounded enough to add anything. Maybe a heatsink if the stock one is too noisy.

Other options are splurging on a nice headphone/dac setup.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Personally I'd drop the GPU down a bit (top end is always terrible price:performance) and spend the spare on an unlocked CPU, CPU cooler and (if possible) SSD.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@Bikouchu35 said:

@ramydarwishgtx said:

You don't really need it, but the system is new and well rounded enough to add anything.

+1.

The SSD will not give you a single FPS. The only thing will do is that it can make your start up faster and faster loading screens. This is it. Nothing more...

Of course is nice to have an SSD but its not a valuable gaming PC part. Placing the $$ in CPU/GPU will always give you better gaming experience (smoother framerates).

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

You kind of need a SSD if you want your computer usage experience to be enjoyable. It makes a huge difference, I really don't like using computers with mechanical drives as their main drive.