What did you guys think of FarCry 3 ending? (SPOILERS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 id_mew
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts

Did you choose to save your friends or join Citra?

I saved my friends. I mean the whole point of the story is to save your friends and get revenge, if I chose to join Citra and kill my friends, than that defeats the hole purpose of this game.

I just wish that Vaas was the main villian, he is probably one of my favourite villiians.

One thing I don't understand, since I chose to save my friends, why am I still on the island after the credits?

Does that mean he decided to stay?

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I have 4 missions left in the main quest. I actually watched the ending out of interest on Youtube after watching the review (which was before I got the game). So no surprises there for me. I'd just save my friends. I, as well, wished Vaas was the main villain. That's ok though, Sam kept me entertained at the later half of the game. Blitzkrieg!
CBN16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CBN16
Member since 2012 • 407 Posts

I agree with all of what both of you guys said.

I chose to save my friends because of the same reason. I watched the other ending on YouTube and it's just... disappointing.

You stay on the island for the sake of free roaming. When it comes to the story, you do leave the island (with the friends ending, anyway). The only thing I am really mad about is that you don't get the wingsuit after completing the game. :(

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
I saved my friends of course. Saw the other ending on youtube and it's kinda funny lol you having sex with ugly ass citra and then she stabs you rofl. I do think its' weird that she sacrifices herself to save you when (one dude) tries to stab you, but then kills you anyway if you did join her.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

The only thing I am really mad about is that you don't get the wingsuit after completing the game. :(

CBN16
WHAT?!? I'm never finishing the game then. I was just starting to get pro at it. I just need a small hill and I can practically whole island. Ok, I'm exaggerating. But still...
id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 id_mew

I have 4 missions left in the main quest. I actually watched the ending out of interest on Youtube after watching the review (which was before I got the game). So no surprises there for me. I'd just save my friends. I, as well, wished Vaas was the main villain. That's ok though, Sam kept me entertained at the later half of the game. Blitzkrieg!flipin_jackass

I can never watch an ending before actually finishing the game, kind of defeats the purpose lol.

but I guess you couldn't wait ehh.

I also watched the other ending, and I was so gald I chose my friends.

I don't undersdand why he had to be sacrifised even though Citra got what she wanted.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

. The only thing I am really mad about is that you don't get the wingsuit after completing the game. :(

CBN16

Try jumping off a tall cliff. Until then, you won't see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Dumb with a capital D. I saved the friends, but I also Youtubed the other ending. Man. That's as bad as it gets. The saving friends version is fine as far as dumb stories go, except for the magic stuff. The magic hallucination scenes in general were bad. Especially the one where you kill Vaas if you go in without good weapons. I'm kind of torn on having Vaas be the main villain. I mean, he is the stereotypical chaotic evil guy and though that character is done well, the story would not have been any more interesting to have him be the main boss. Hoyt's problem was that they just didn't develop him at all. He didn't seem any more significant than any one of the random camp encounters. If they'd had more of an arc with him and had some altercation between him and Vaas where you could see how much he scared Vaas, then it would have worked out better. The Wonderland theme is wasted and should have been cut. It always felt out of place and seemed like the quotes were there just for the grasp at credibility. Your question about why you are still on the island... It's a game I believe. After the credits you can hear some mumbling about Jason never being able to come back from all that violence. I don't think there's any real reason though other than it's a game and they wanted to let you keep playing it.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
[QUOTE="CBN16"]

The only thing I am really mad about is that you don't get the wingsuit after completing the game. :(

flipin_jackass
WHAT?!? I'm never finishing the game then. I was just starting to get pro at it. I just need a small hill and I can practically whole island. Ok, I'm exaggerating. But still...

Yea you do keep it. Or at least I did.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
I went with Citra at the end.
id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 id_mew

I went with Citra at the end.Jd1680a

Why did you decided on that? and how did you feel being killed after?