What a hardcore setup should look like for $1500 lol

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts

kind looks like mine, lol

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/how-to-be-a-hardcore-pc-gamer-for-1500/?page=1

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Highly doubt spending more money equates to being a hardcore Gamer to begin with bud.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blackdreamhunk
lol
liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 liquidzero123
Member since 2004 • 7111 Posts

Highly doubt spending more money equates to being a hardcore Gamer to begin with bud.OoSuperMarioO

I think it does. Yes you can be a hardcore PC gamer with just a decent PC that doesn't cost very much at all. But you are also a hardcore PC gamer if you keep wanting to buy the latest high-end hardware. It works both ways.

I don't fancy three screens anyway. I'm happy with my basic setup I have here.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]Highly doubt spending more money equates to being a hardcore Gamer to begin with bud.liquidzero123

I think it does. Yes you can be a hardcore PC gamer with just a decent PC that doesn't cost very much at all. But you are also a hardcore PC gamer if you keep wanting to buy the latest high-end hardware. It works both ways.

If I was to buy a load of Wii casual games will that make me a hardcore casual gamer?
McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
Half of that is not needed if you don't like racing or flying games.
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
My computer setup is just a laptop that runs about 95% of the games on the market today. And a custom Xbox USB controller I made.
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
[QUOTE="liquidzero123"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]Highly doubt spending more money equates to being a hardcore Gamer to begin with bud.OoSuperMarioO

If I was to buy a load of Wii casual games will that make me a hardcore casual gamer?

Technically, yes.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OoSuperMarioO

Definition of a hardcore gamer is about time investment into a game. That's a like a gamer going Professional in one game is he/she not a hardcore gamer too?

If a gamer is only playing World of Warcraft or even Diablo but is playing professionally is he/she not a hardcore gamer too?

liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 liquidzero123
[QUOTE="liquidzero123"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]Highly doubt spending more money equates to being a hardcore Gamer to begin with bud.OoSuperMarioO

Oh I don't know. I just know what I'm telling you.

Blank3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Blank3k
Member since 2005 • 624 Posts

Thats a flight-sim setup, not a really hardcore gamer setup. ;)

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OoSuperMarioO
[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="liquidzero123"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]Highly doubt spending more money equates to being a hardcore Gamer to begin with bud.liquidzero123

Yea, I was always skeptical about how people labeled a hardcore gamer. If I was new to gaming and purchased a load of games but storage them to never open will I still be a hardcore gamer?
Blank3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Blank3k
Member since 2005 • 624 Posts

Hardcore gamer = Someone who spends alot of time & money on games, generally completes games aswell rather than buys it & trades it in the next day cause there bored of it.

People spending £10,000 on a computer setup just means they have alot of money & like the best things. not that there a hardcore gamer as they may have never completed a game in there life.

Alot of people i know buy games, buy the "elite" consoles, play the games for a couple of days, then trade em in for something else... they almost never complete the game, none of them know what the games were about, they all skip the cut sequences, they never learn the special moves, or find the hidden objects... these are not "Hardcore" gamers.

liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 liquidzero123
[QUOTE="liquidzero123"][QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="liquidzero123"]

Yea, I was always skeptical about how people labeled a hardcore gamer. If I was new to gaming and purchased a load of games but storage them to never open will I still be a hardcore gamer?

You're asking me questions that I don't feel like going into deep thought about. I'm not talking about how many console games you buy or how many unopened games you have or if you only have a few games compared to someone with a ton of games. My first post reply to you is true as far as I'm concerned. I should know I've been there. I do agree with you that how often you play games can determine if you're a hardcore gamer. That's why I said you don't need to spend alot of money on a PC to be a hardcore PC gamer.

The definition for hardcore where gaming is concerned changes over time. It means something to someone and it means something else to someone else. At the end of the day all points of view for what being a hardcore gamer is may be valid.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

Hardcore gamer = Someone who spends alot of time & money on games, generally completes games aswell rather than buys it & trades it in the next day cause there bored of it.

People spending £10,000 on a computer setup just means they have alot of money & like the best things. not that there a hardcore gamer as they may have never completed a game in there life.

Alot of people i know buy games, buy the "elite" consoles, play the games for a couple of days, then trade em in for something else... they almost never complete the game, none of them know what the games were about, they all skip the cut sequences, they never learn the special moves, or find the hidden objects... these are not "Hardcore" gamers.

Blank2k2

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OoSuperMarioO
[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="liquidzero123"][QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="liquidzero123"]

You're asking me questions that I don't feel like going into deep thought about. I'm not talking about how many console games you buy or how many unopened games you have or if you only have a few games compared to someone with a ton of games. My first post reply to you is true as far as I'm concerned. I should know I've been there. I do agree with you that how often you play games can determine if you're a hardcore gamer. That's why I said you don't need to spend alot of money on a PC to be a hardcore PC gamer.

The definition for hardcore where gaming is concerned changes over time. It means something to someone and it means something else to someone else. At the end of the day all points of view for what being a hardcore gamer is may be valid.

Only pointing out a flaw you made in previous post bud about "But you are also a hardcore PC gamer if you keep wanting to buy the latest high-end hardware". I just don't see how spending money on high end hardware relegates you as a hardcore gamer.
snowmanman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 snowmanman7
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/how-to-be-a-hardcore-pc-gamer-for-1500/?page=1

blackdreamhunk

Where's the mouse?:|

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts

blackdreamhunk

There's nothing "hardcore" about buying a computer from Dell.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

DGFreak

There's nothing "hardcore" about buying a computer from Dell.

lol I saying the setup I don't have flight controllers i have a wheel, force feed back and game pad. lol

It increases your expereince with games my computer is had build. Some games out there like marvel allinae is such a bad port that you need a controller

liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 liquidzero123
OoSuperMarioO, because you aren't satisfied with the hardware you have even if it's good enough to play your games on good enough graphics and performance. Because you want to be at the cutting-edge of PC technology so you can play all your new games on the highest graphics settings. Because having your games at anything less than best graphics at 45fps isn't good enough. THAT is why "But you are also a hardcore PC gamer if you keep wanting to buy the latest high-end hardware" is correct. It's not a flawed comment, you just don't understand what I'm saying, bud.
TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
What a horrible rig and a waste of money. Seriously, gamer chair with speakers? lmao. And a WIRELESS mouse? It's because of crap like that people think PC gaming is expensive when you could built a MUCH better PC with hundreds less.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts
I'd rock that if I got it for free or from winning a contest.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

Wanting the latest high-end hardware makes you an computer enthusiast, not a hard core gamer. A hard core gamer is someone who plays games for the majority of their free time and you don't need to have a high-end system for that. I have a pretty decent machine myself (Ignore the sig, I gotta change it for the upgrades I've done) but to me it makes me an enthusiast. My love for games makes me a hard core gamer.

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

Also, how the hell is that a hardcore system? It has a low end graphics card...... And if I was game daily, I'd never buy from Dell just because they purchased Alienware, I'd end up building a PC for the article instead...

kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts

I have three monitors and a wheel. That makes me hardcore?

No, it doesn't.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
Sponsored by Dell?
greedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 greedom
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts
With all that extra unnecessary garbage there, I can't imagine the computer is very powerful at all with only $1500. If I want to be a hardcore gamer, I'll just blow the $1500 all on the computer.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Any one else think thats a load of crap? The main LCD alone costs like $800.. Its a 32 inch Dell LCD monitor..

And if it includes the pc.. There is just no way.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I'm quite sure any one who posts ona video game forum for non related tech support, is a hardcore gamer.
liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 liquidzero123
[QUOTE="liquidzero123"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]Highly doubt spending more money equates to being a hardcore Gamer to begin with bud.Cdscottie

Wanting the latest high-end hardware makes you an computer enthusiast, not a hard core gamer. A hard core gamer is someone who plays games for the majority of their free time and you don't need to have a high-end system for that. I have a pretty decent machine myself (Ignore the sig, I gotta change it for the upgrades I've done) but to me it makes me an enthusiast. My love for games makes me a hard core gamer.

It makes you both an enthusiast and a hardcore gamer for the reasons I've already explained. I already said you don't need a high-end system to be a hardcore gamer. What's with the echo?