Weird persistent problem on my PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SirDarknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SirDarknight
Member since 2012 • 49 Posts

After installing Windows 10, I'm having this problem. When I try to run Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag, I get the following :

I've reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable(both x86 and x64) and DirectX 11.0 several times but nothing changes.I've also tried running the game in compatibility mode but it doesn't help.

SirDarknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SirDarknight

Problem solved after clean installation of Windows

bum454hawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bum454hawks
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Great to hear you got it to work. Don't you just hate it when you have to reformat? My computer has been begging for a reformat but I just cringe at the thought of having to reinstall everything and do all the settings again.

SirDarknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SirDarknight

@bum454hawks said:

Great to hear you got it to work. Don't you just hate it when you have to reformat? My computer has been begging for a reformat but I just cringe at the thought of having to reinstall everything and do all the settings again.

You're right.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya sucks reduing everything especially when you've forgotten half the shit you messed around with.

bum454hawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bum454hawks
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@ribstaylor1: very true...

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Just do a backup when you do a reformat and tweak your settings... That way it only takes 30 mins to get back in action.

Dragoon4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

#8 Dragoon4life
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Just do a backup when you do a reformat and tweak your settings... That way it only takes 30 mins to get back in action.

This ^ Do a clean backup the second you refresh your PC, maybe install Windows updates if you want to avoid that in the future and all the regular programs. Once you have your "base" ready and back that up, you are good to go for a long time.

xCaZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xCaZx
Member since 2015 • 82 Posts

@SirDarknight: Is Windows 10 available to everyone?

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@xcazx said:

@SirDarknight: Is Windows 10 available to everyone?

yes. it's free

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Dragoon4life said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

This ^ Do a clean backup the second you refresh your PC, maybe install Windows updates if you want to avoid that in the future and all the regular programs. Once you have your "base" ready and back that up, you are good to go for a long time.

True, but by the time I need to reformat, there is a new Windows out or I have build a new rig.

I don't understand why people have so much trouble. My Windows installs last years without hiccups.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#12 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

ya it takes forever to get all your settings back to where you want after a fresh reinstall.

I had to reinstall late last year (some corrupt or missing files i couldn't repair), took me forever to get things back the way i wanted... it was long over due though, it was a windows 7 install from back in late 2008 so i got good use out of that install, 6 years almost. I had a clone backup but i had a lot of little bugs i wanted to flush out in a clean install.

I doubt theres any reason to switch to windows 10, so i shouldn't have to reinstall for 5+ more years probably