weird, I seem to be losing almost 1 gb of harddrive space a day

This topic is locked from further discussion.

name294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 name294
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

alright, basically ive been uninstalling some games recently to try and free up space, mostly getting rid of games like 1 gb or 2 gb games which i dont play anymore

for some reason, when i uninstall them, and make sure they are totally gone, they aint in my recycle bin anymore, i dont free up any spaces. Ive already deleted liek 5 games and I only ended up freeing 30 mb of space when it should be at least 10 gb!

I use CCleaner regularely, and i clear my reg data and internet files all the time but idk what's happening! I only have a 60 gb HD so i need every space i can get, what the hell is going on!

I also use free up disk space through the cpanel but nothing is there! somehow the games im uninstalling, there still there, i searched it but nothing comes up and i make sure they are totally gone but i aint getting space freed up!

BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts

System restore? Think that can eat up space very quickly, I always disable it completely.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Run a 'scan disk'. That should clear it up. They change the name to 'error-checking' on Win 7.

name294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 name294
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

Run a 'scan disk'. That should clear it up. They change the name to 'error-checking' on Win 7.

sleepingzzz
is that like scan your harddrive for errors, under the properties of ur harddrive? im using vista, cant afford 7 :P
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts
[QUOTE="sleepingzzz"]

name294
is that like scan your harddrive for errors, under the properties of ur harddrive? im using vista, cant afford 7 :P

click 'my computer' right click on 'Local Disk C:' select 'properties' select 'tools' tab select 'scan disk' check box all the options click 'start'
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Banjo4321
Member since 2003 • 6229 Posts

You might also want to try downloading this program. It shows you a great visual representation of what exactly is taking up space on your drive, and by how much.

http://windirstat.info/