Weekly sales of MW3 HIT 12 million, hmmm...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CoS_Ethan
Member since 2011 • 381 Posts

I have to say that the numer is sick. Oh man, I can't wait to see the yearly sales figure of MW3! BTW, they are all good games!

BF3 week 2 worldwide sales(vgchartz.com)

Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360) over 3.07million----awesome

Battlefield 3 (PS 3) over 2.17million-----perfect

Battlefield 3 (PC) over 657,000----not bad

MW3 weekly sales(vgchartz.com)

Call of Duty 8: Mordern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) 7 million---fantastic

Call of Duty 8: Mordern Warfare 3 (PS3) over 4 million----brilliant

Call of Duty 8: Mordern Warfare 3 (PC) over 500,000----not bad

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I have long realized that sales =/= quality.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

As a Battlefield fan myself, I can speak on behalf of MOST of the PC board here...

We don't take too kindly to you folk around ere'

paulie69

Now, Skeeter, he ain't hurtin' nobody.

CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CoS_Ethan

I know that, but this is still crazy, huh?

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

I have long realized that sales =/= quality.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Agreed ... not to mention that not everyone has the PC to run BF3, compared to MW3 ...

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]I have long realized that sales =/= quality.Code135

Agreed ... not to mention that not everyone has the PC to run BF3, compared to MW3 ...

Yep. And CoD is like a household name. So not everyone who is playing it bought it themselves. A mother/father could have bought it for their kid because they know the CoD name better than BF3. I talked to guys in my ****in college and they all knew about MW3 but barely any knew of BF3.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

More people drink Bud light than say...I don't know....Shiner Bock. Not because it's better....because it's what they know. They don't really know because good beer is more of acquired taste.

Something like that anyway.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]I have long realized that sales =/= quality.Code135

Not to mention all these random guys you can ask are probably console, not PC, gamers, and on consoles a large portion of FB 2.0 graphical features have to be disabled. As I said here:

As for a lot of people comparing it to BF, it doesn't quite follow, BF offers for large scale rock-paper-shotgun combined-arms gameplay that doesn't overcomplicated things, i.e, it's arcadish while still letting you fight as infantry or allowing you to control vehicles with more emphasis on how players work together than how good they are individually(which is a more indirect form of competition) whereas COD offers small scale fast paced gun-on-gun infantry only combat with emphasis on gun skill and in general how good players are individually(at least in the standard modes, the newer modes are filled with some of the... better players so be warned) where the competition is more direct and in this it's more similar, to say, Crysis 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

More people drink Bud light than say...I don't know....Shiner Bock. Not because it's better....because it's what they know. They don't really know because good beer is more of acquired taste.

BSC14

Eliminating the money aspect. Toyota also sell more than ferrari but it does not mean they make better cars

CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CoS_Ethan

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

seanmcloughlin

Eliminating the money aspect. Toyota also sell more than ferrari but it does not mean they make better cars

That's inappropriate, Ferrari and Toyota, they definitely have different customers, it's not the quality problem. But BF3 and MW3 are shooter games, they fiercely compete with each other, anywan, the number is insane.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
man..... vgchartz....... lol... No reason to use that website at all in a PC and Mac games forum as there numbers for the platforms of this board is completely irrelevant and unreliable.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

I have to say that the numer is sick, MW3 is born to break records, I played the Campaign mode, I have to say SP of MW3 is awesome, that's one of the advantages CoD series have! I remembered that BF3 shipped about 10 million copies in a week, BF3 not bad, but EA do have many things to do to catch up Activision, a hell-cool engine is not that convincible! But this just started, we will see what happend next, hey guys, just speak out and analyse these data then conclude (totally personal)! Oh man, I can't wait to see the yearly sales figure of MW3!

BF3 week 2 worldwide sales(vgchartz.com)

Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360) over 3.07million----awesome

Battlefield 3 (PS 3) over 2.17million-----perfect

Battlefield 3 (PC) over 657,000----not bad

MW3 weekly sales(vgchartz.com)

Call of Duty 8: Mordern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) 7 million---fantastic

Call of Duty 8: Mordern Warfare 3 (PS3) over 4 million----brilliant

Call of Duty 8: Mordern Warfare 3 (PC) over 500,000----not bad

CoS_Ethan

The first step to convincing people of your point of view is being coherent in the language you are using.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

battlefiled=pc game, cod=console

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Sure wish Steam 'n other DD providers would release sales #'s, sorta worthless that we have no real idea how many people really bought the PC version.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Parents are buying COD for their kids. Those same kids have never heard of Battlefield.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#17 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
VG don't take into consideration Digital sales.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Who cares about sales. They are both good games.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

Who cares about sales. They are both good games.

HyperWarlock
This man speaks the truth
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

BSC14
Very true. Except I drink wine. ;) :P
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

vg chartz sucks, they are always way off especially on pc games.

ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 ElectricEchoes
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts
I don't think the sales indicate which game is better. The reality is, the COD franchise is more established than BF. Most of my friends are casual gamers, they didn't even take notice of the BF3 advertisement. They play what the majority of their friends play, and lets face it, its better playing multiplayer games with your friends. This all relates back to COD being more established. They have had a major fanbase since COD4. BF is picking away at that fanbase.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
I heard...its sad. Such a low quality and substance game - its like people saw some cheap weed and went running. Doesnt give you more than a high for a few hours and then you crash...or fall asleep...or eat something...(ya...I cant make this funnier cuz...Ive never smoked weed.)
CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CoS_Ethan

man..... vgchartz....... lol... No reason to use that website at all in a PC and Mac games forum as there numbers for the platforms of this board is completely irrelevant and unreliable. jedikevin2

Anyway, but I think numbers didn't lie....

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
Sales do not equal quality. I blame marketing.
CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CoS_Ethan

Sales do not equal quality. I blame marketing.CaptainAhab13

Hmm, then how much money did EA spend in maketing? I think the decisive point is the fan base of CoD is powerful, they just heard of the name and purchased the game regarless of quality.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zubinen

[QUOTE="CaptainAhab13"]Sales do not equal quality. I blame marketing.CoS_Ethan

Hmm, then how much money did EA spend in maketing? I think the decisive point is the fan base of CoD is powerful, they just heard of the name and purchased the game regarless of quality.

All that is on consoles. On PC BF3 is definitely more popular and looking at http://bf3stats.com/ you can see that BF3 even in its current state(aka DICE's grace period where their games need a good bit of patching) has more players online on the PC version than MWF3 PC version, on these boards, how the games are doing on consoles can more/less be ignored.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11779 Posts

I love these "your game sucks, and my game rules" and things like: "you aren't a real gamer unless you play what we all say you should be playing this month" routines.

They are all good games. Some people just love to have fun by crushing others' fun, and having people side with them.

I personally am looking forward to both games. I figure most gamers would play what they want. I do not have either of them, because I don't really feel as if either of them is worth $60.

People play this because of the name, and people play this because they know it is good. I figure most play what they want for the most part!

We all succumb to marketing, don't fool yourselves into thinking your so elite that it doesn't affect you. Whether by its TV advertisements, Internet advertisements, word of mouth, or getting the third degree about a game you like here on these forums.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zubinen
I love these "your game sucks, and my game rules" and things like: "you aren't a real gamer unless you play what we all say you should be playing this month" routines.Lach0121
Well sometimes when money and/or time is tight, it helps to focus on a particular game more, but as of late I've seen things along the lines of "too busy playing Skyrim" :lol:
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11779 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]I love these "your game sucks, and my game rules" and things like: "you aren't a real gamer unless you play what we all say you should be playing this month" routines.Zubinen
Well sometimes when money and/or time is tight, it helps to focus on a particular game more, but as of late I've seen things along the lines of "too busy playing Skyrim" :lol:

:PFunny, but if serious, that is a laughable justification.

CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CoS_Ethan

I love these "your game sucks, and my game rules" and things like: "you aren't a real gamer unless you play what we all say you should be playing this month" routines.

They are all good games. Some people just love to have fun by crushing others' fun, and having people side with them.

I personally am looking forward to both games. I figure most gamers would play what they want. I do not have either of them, because I don't really feel as if either of them is worth $60.

People play this because of the name, and people play this because they know it is good. I figure most play what they want for the most part!

We all succumb to marketing, don't fool yourselves into thinking your so elite that it doesn't affect you. Whether by its TV advertisements, Internet advertisements, word of mouth, or getting the third degree about a game you like here on these forums.

Lach0121

:) YEAH, both of them are good games, but sometimes people are complicated , remember Activision and EA atttacked each other before they released MW3 and BF3? Fans of the two games inevitably have arguments, however, BF3 did help EA got a higer share in the FPS market!

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

This should be obvious by now, people like their Call of Duty. It is going to sell more whether a better game (dunno if BF3 is, don't care enough to try either) comes out or not. The surprising thing is BF3 had more purchases on the PC. I guess PC gamers are done dealing with Activision's shenanigans.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

I have long realized that sales =/= quality.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

so both games are bad?

I never understood the argument. Sales is correlated to quality otherwise why would people be buying their fourth cod in the past 4 years? Obviously cod does something right otherwse people wouldn't keep buying it. Hate on cod all you want but people are obviously having enjoying it.

CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CoS_Ethan

This should be obvious by now, people like their Call of Duty. It is going to sell more whether a better game (dunno if BF3 is, don't care enough to try either) comes out or not. The surprising thing is BF3 had more purchases on the PC. I guess PC gamers are done dealing with Activision's shenanigans.

Whiteblade999

PC is declining, game optimization is a big problem, that's way Activision delayed the PC release of Elite. I don't want to upgrade my PC regularly to cater to a cool engine which is a computer killer.

CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CoS_Ethan

I'm not sure whether it's the last CoD, but I am sure EA will keep creating BF series, 'casue BF's market share is still vulnerable.

nightshadow137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nightshadow137
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

[QUOTE="Code135"]

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]I have long realized that sales =/= quality.seanmcloughlin

Yep. And CoD is like a household name. So not everyone who is playing it bought it themselves. A mother/father could have bought it for their kid because they know the CoD name better than BF3. I talked to guys in my ****in college and they all knew about MW3 but barely any knew of BF3.

there's a surprise