Watch Dogs-E3 2012 vs PC Retail video (same mission)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Don't get your hopes up for Tom Clancy's The Division . Support developers that actually respect their core fans and don't lie to them . Can't wait for Witcher 3 and Star Citizen .

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58923 Posts

More or less looks the same barring different lighting. Which is to be expected as development continues.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

More or less looks the same barring different lighting. Which is to be expected as development continues.

and the rain effects,fog effects,A.I,

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58923 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

and the rain effects,fog effects,A.I,

Different time of day. AI, made up crap on your part.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Game looks fine on my end

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@wis3boi said:

Game looks fine on my end

yea all the whining is just silly at this point, it looks damn good for an open world game, comparing minute details to a much earlier build of the game doesn't achieve anything.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Downgrade was for being cross-gen i guess...

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Wait a min. So the PC Ultra details don't have fog and have such crappy reflections???

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Seems like Ubisoft have a morbid fear of deep shadows (traditional performance killers), hence, too many lights and mostly noon shadows. They cut down on the fog (the disco lobby) as well. But, at least they closed the doors. So, there's a semblance of consistency.

No big deal to me. I didn't get aboard the hype train. The game have too many training aids (eg, outlines of people through walls) for my tastes. So, the only way I'll be getting the game is if it's bundled with a new Nvidia video card.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
Loading Video...

Don't get your hopes up for Tom Clancy's The Division . Support developers that actually respect their core fans and don't lie to them . Can't wait for Witcher 3 and Star Citizen .

i also shouldnt probably get my hopes up for your lowest common denominator posts....

Watch Dogs was never a next gen game from day 1.... it was intended to be a game on PS3/Xbox 360... and just happened to get ported over to next gen consoles. even with that, the game looks -great- on PS4 and PC.

The Division has always been a next gen game..... from day 1.

chances are the division will look much more like what was originally shown than watch dogs. it isnt even that far fetched. we have already seen a lot of the graphical effects and technologies shown in The Divisions E3 video in Infamous Second Son.

people seriously need to pull the plug out their asses with watch dogs and just get over it. so what if the game doesnt burn your PC to cinders with graphical fidelity.... the game is fun, looks great, and is an awesome foundation for ubisoft to build on for later games in the franchise.

this isnt even LYING.... did Ubisoft promise the game would look like the E3 2012 footage? where is the statement saying "THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WHAT THE GAME IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE"? yes there is more... dust... and slightly better geometry. aside from that.... the E3 footage is at a completely different time of day in game than the footage on the right. footage on the right is at night... E3 footage is at sun down so there is extra lighting in play..... i am literally playing watch dogs right now and i can tell you the lighting effects at sundown are not that far off.... all of this has just been blown completely out of proportion.

YES the game looks a bit less than the E3 footage. they clearly had to ton down the lighting engine and lower the world geometry a bit, most likely to get it working well on last gen consoles.... NO the game does not look drastically worse than the E3 footage. it just doesnt... all of these conspiracy videos on youtube are comparing apples to oranges half the time... a scene during the day compared to a scene at night.... or a scene during rain compared to a scene with no weather.... its all just bogus.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@cyloninside said:

i also shouldnt probably get my hopes up for your lowest common denominator posts....

Watch Dogs was never a next gen game from day 1.... it was intended to be a game on PS3/Xbox 360... and just happened to get ported over to next gen consoles. even with that, the game looks -great- on PS4 and PC.

chances are the division will look much more like what was originally shown than watch dogs. it isnt even that far fetched. we have already seen a lot of the graphical effects and technologies shown in The Divisions E3 video in Infamous Second Son.

people seriously need to pull the plug out their asses with watch dogs and just get over it. so what if the game doesnt burn your PC to cinders with graphical fidelity.... the game is fun, looks great, and is an awesome foundation for ubisoft to build on for later games in the franchise.

this isnt even LYING.... did Ubisoft promise the game would look like the E3 2012 footage? where is the statement saying "THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WHAT THE GAME IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE"? yes there is more... dust... and slightly better geometry. aside from that.... the E3 footage is at a completely different time of day in game than the footage on the right. footage on the right is at night... E3 footage is at sun down so there is extra lighting in play..... i am literally playing watch dogs right now and i can tell you the lighting effects at sundown are not that far off.... all of this has just been blown completely out of proportion.

YES the game looks a bit less than the E3 footage. they clearly had to ton down the lighting engine and lower the world geometry a bit, most likely to get it working well on last gen consoles.... NO the game does not look drastically worse than the E3 footage. it just doesnt... all of these conspiracy videos on youtube are comparing apples to oranges half the time... a scene during the day compared to a scene at night.... or a scene during rain compared to a scene with no weather.... its all just bogus.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393253/watch-dogs-developed-for-next-gen-consoles-first/

Keep believing that .

-Looks back at Far Cry 3 and Future Soldier reveals vs Actual retail release .

Hmmm , Seems legit .

Never said , game looks bad . it looks solid for an open world game but could've been a lot better .

Author_Jerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By Author_Jerry
Member since 2006 • 568 Posts

@cyloninside: While I agree Watch_Dogs is better described as a cross-generation title than a next generation title, the reveal trailer did exhibit a number of effects that made the world come to life in impressive ways that I hadn't seen done in a video game before. It's disappointing the trailer doesn't quite match up to the end product; however, people need to realize that games revealed a year or two or even more before release are subject to significant changes for a host of reasons, including a change in artistic vision and performance optimization. The latter reason probably doesn't happen much until late in the production cycle. The trailer obviously wasn't being shown as representative of the final product, so people should keep that in mind before accusing Ubisoft of deceptive practices.

We can look to fiction novels as an example of a medium that can change over time as they're being written. Anyone who has read novel excerpts published in magazines before the novel is complete knows subtle and even drastic changes can be made before the novel itself is published. War and Peace (originally titled All's Well That Ends Well) was re-written, revised, and published in six different editions in the course of 18 years, and Tolstoy never finished serializing the novel in magazines as was customary at the time. Tolstoy's wife, who acted, in part, as an editor for her husband, wrote the novel out seven times, and even made her own changes, as did others, at her husband's discretion. Some may not know this, but the second edition is the one often considered authoritative, and it's the one probably most commonly read. Tolstoy wasn't entirely content with his creation in his lifetime, and would have made more revisions if he hadn't lost interest in the project. If anyone thinks art and entertainment is some fixed, linear process where parts created early will inevitably be left unchanged before completion don't understand the creative process.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cyloninside

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393253/watch-dogs-developed-for-next-gen-consoles-first/

Keep believing that .

Hmmm , Seems legit .

Never said , game looks bad . it looks solid for an open world game but could've been a lot better .

that article completely misquoted the developer....

"Yves Guillemot said: "Previously, we developed first games on the Xbox 360 and which were then translated into the PS3. It took a lot of time and money to make that port. Now we develop from the PC"

meaning, they used to develop for a specific console and port across. that was messy and inefficient. now they develop on PC and port to the consoles.... it is a more efficient way to go through development. watch dogs was not developed with next gen systems in mind. it was developed on PC with a PS3/Xbox 360 target initially, and then ported to next gen due to the release date being moved to fall in the launch window.

as for your twitter posts.... just lol. i dont think i really need to respond, but OK. the PC version of watchdogs looks quite good. it has a -slightly- increased level of fidelity over the PS4 version, with slightly better textures and slightly larger view distance. in many regards, the PC version looks VERY close to the E3 footage. when comparing a "sundown" scene from the actual game to the footage from E3, it is hard to see a big difference. there is less dust/foggy stuff....and world geometry has been parred down a bit. however IMO shadows look better (less grainy). considering the guy from the twitter post did not say exactly WHAT would look better, it is all up for conjecture.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wis3boi
@mjorh said:

Downgrade was for being cross-gen i guess...

i found it rather funny that the ps3/360 couldn't handle the in-car camera view

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I'm running it on ULTRA and it's definitely not as good looking as the E3 presentation.

I'm really starting to get angry and annoyed at this. If you show a product, people that buy that product should get what they were shown.

It's already happened with FarCry 3 and Colonial Marines. I can see The Division ending up looking sub-par compared to the videos.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wis3boi

@FelipeInside said:

I'm running it on ULTRA and it's definitely not as good looking as the E3 presentation.

I'm really starting to get angry and annoyed at this. If you show a product, people that buy that product should get what they were shown.

It's already happened with FarCry 3 and Colonial Marines. I can see The Division ending up looking sub-par compared to the videos.

The moment I stopped following hype and pre-release demos from devs, is the moment I became a happier gamer. Same goes for any advertising. My subway sandwich doesnt look like the ad, either.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

It's all about the preorders. Make it look good. Get the hype. Sell the copies before it's even out. The majority of gamers will eat that crap up unfortunately.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

The moment I stopped following hype and pre-release demos from devs, is the moment I became a happier gamer. Same goes for any advertising. My subway sandwich doesnt look like the ad, either.

That's true about the Subway sandwich (like the McDonalds burger ads), but at least they taste good, lol...

I just don't get WHY. A current PC CAN run Watch Dogs at that E3 level, CAN run The Division at those graphics.... heck, it has to be a PC running the game like that doesn't it? So why do they dumb it down for release?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@wis3boi said:

You actually make a really great point. I'm not sure why I always thought the gaming industry was the worst offender.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

That's true about the Subway sandwich (like the McDonalds burger ads), but at least they taste good, lol...

I just don't get WHY. A current PC CAN run Watch Dogs at that E3 level, CAN run The Division at those graphics.... heck, it has to be a PC running the game like that doesn't it? So why do they dumb it down for release?

because it would look bad had they released THAT version on the PC and a gimped version on the consoles. It sucks..but honestly im kinda numb about it now.

as for the division...so far afew games that have been showed at E3 like watch dogs and Deep down for example haven't bee truthful about what the actual game will look like. Givin Ubisoft's history i think the sooner people forget about that awesome E3 trailer..the better for us...and ubisoft.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FelipeInside

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

because it would look bad had they released THAT version on the PC and a gimped version on the consoles. It sucks..but honestly im kinda numb about it now.

as for the division...so far afew games that have been showed at E3 like watch dogs and Deep down for example haven't bee truthful about what the actual game will look like. Givin Ubisoft's history i think the sooner people forget about that awesome E3 trailer..the better for us...and ubisoft.

Damn consoles ruining the fun for everyone !!!

Surely thought the PS4 and Xbone could have run Watch Dogs at E3 graphics level?

Just tell the truth. Release each version (PC, Xbone, PS4, PS3, X360) to be pushed as far as the technology on each platform allows.

And it's developer based. Look at Witcher 2, the final version looked the same as the previews.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cloud_imperium

@cyloninside said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

Keep believing that .

Hmmm , Seems legit .

"Yves Guillemot said: "Previously, we developed first games on the Xbox 360 and which were then translated into the PS3. It took a lot of time and money to make that port. Now we develop from the PC"

meaning, they used to develop for a specific console and port across. that was messy and inefficient. now they develop on PC and port to the consoles.... it is a more efficient way to go through development. watch dogs was not developed with next gen systems in mind. it was developed on PC with a PS3/Xbox 360 target initially, and then ported to next gen due to the release date being moved to fall in the launch window.

as for your twitter posts.... just lol. i dont think i really need to respond, but OK. the PC version of watchdogs looks quite good. it has a -slightly- increased level of fidelity over the PS4 version, with slightly better textures and slightly larger view distance. in many regards, the PC version looks VERY close to the E3 footage. when comparing a "sundown" scene from the actual game to the footage from E3, it is hard to see a big difference. there is less dust/foggy stuff....and world geometry has been parred down a bit. however IMO shadows look better (less grainy). considering the guy from the twitter post did not say exactly WHAT would look better, it is all up for conjecture.

I gave you facts and sources . Don't think there is room for more discussion after that but I respect your opinion .

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

rain is disabled by default in the game profile ini.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cyloninside

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

Keep believing that .

Hmmm , Seems legit .

I gave you facts and sources . Don't think there is room for more discussion after that but I respect your opinion .

and i discredited your "facts".... which werent facts... at all.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@cyloninside said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

Keep believing that .

Hmmm , Seems legit .

and i discredited your "facts".... which werent facts... at all.

And what you said were facts (without any sources) .? Walls of text doesn't prove anything . The game is downgraded but still looks great . Fact . Anyways , have a nice day .

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

You know what's funny is even with the downgrade, Watch Dogs is still a pretty fun game. At least it didn't get the Aliens Colonial Marines treatment, now there's something to be pissed off about.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud_imperium

@Ballroompirate said:

You know what's funny is even with the downgrade, Watch Dogs is still a pretty fun game. At least it didn't get the Aliens Colonial Marines treatment, now there's something to be pissed off about.

Agreed .

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Agreed .

Most games get graphical downgrades over dev time, then sometimes devs show off "eye candy" to try and sell their game. Aliens Colonial Marines devs tried to sell it with "pretty graphics" and the whole "this game is made by Aliens fans" then it turned out to be a pretty horrible game in every category.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Like the atmosphere was sucked out of it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If I was a developer I wouldve done the samething.... You gamers are so guillable that resisting the temptation to lie to your stupid faces requires more restraint than I'm capable of.

Welcome to the Real E3.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I am not bothered about the graphics they look good its the game play and there is none really. As said be for Press X to hack is not Game Play and that was there main feature and 2nd was driving and that is just awful.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Does anyone remember Bioshock Infinte's E3 Demos ?

I fell for those... $80 down the toilet.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

People are already having issues with performance in the game, Ubisoft likely downgraded the visuals so people without a 780ti or a 290x could enjoy the game at a reasonable IQ. It's not that hard to connect the dots.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FelipeInside

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Does anyone remember Bioshock Infinte's E3 Demos ?

I fell for those... $80 down the toilet.

1. You said before "You gamers", so you're not a gamer? What are you doing posting on a gaming website then?

2. Bioshock Infinite final product looked just as good as the demos.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#36 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@cyloninside said:

Keep believing that .

Hmmm , Seems legit .

Nailed it.