Warlords of Draenor: WIll this expansion bring you back to WoW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Redick_is_Magic
Redick_is_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Redick_is_Magic

Poll Warlords of Draenor: WIll this expansion bring you back to WoW? (36 votes)

Still currently playing Wow 6%
Yes, it looks like a fantastic expansion 6%
Maybe, I'll decide when more info is revealed 44%
No, I am done with that game for good 44%

Obviously aimed toward former WoW players mostly. Just kind of curious as to the thought processes of some of you guys. Let me know what you think.

• 
RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Probably not. Only 6 dungeons, 2 raids, lack of interesting features (garrisons looks like fun trough) and uninteresting story. No new race, class or even a new talent tree

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

More interested in the Q&A tomorrow, to see where they are going with the gameplay and classes

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

I'm still a fan of Warcraft so i'll get it just for the lore and revisiting (pre)outland, i'm sure i'll get my moneys worth.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I always like checking out the next expansion. Pandaria was pretty good.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I haven't played World of Warcraft since 2006 but it's nice to see they revamped the character models. It's about time.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

I haven't played World of Warcraft since 2006 but it's nice to see they revamped the character models. It's about time.

Revamped and nigh identical to the originals. Had to get a magnifying glass out to tell if they improved them at all.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Are you kidding me!? Of course I'm going to buy it!!!

Man it's so awesome. Blizzard really did such an amazing job as usual. They always do hehe :D

I think I'm going to camp out in front of my local game store so I can get the game as soon as it comes out.

Man well done Blizzard. If you're reading this, I freaking love you guys for all your years of fantastic games. You guys are the best.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

Revamped and nigh identical to the originals. Had to get a magnifying glass out to tell if they improved them at all.

Really? It's really easy to tell the difference. Way more polygons. There are three photos that compare the differences from old and new models.. but the screenshots towards the bottom are all new character models with no comparisons.

Unless you have worse eye vision than me, which would be pretty bad.. how could you NOT tell the difference? (shrugs)

I don't know of any MMOs that went through the effort to revamp their character models no matter how long that MMO has been on the market. I wish more developers would do this. Although I would argue, Blizzard should have done this a long time ago.. since WOTLK.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

Really? It's really easy to tell the difference. Way more polygons. There are three photos that compare the differences from old and new models.. but the screenshots towards the bottom are all new character models with no comparisons.

I agree Elann. Vastly improved models. The only thing that'll bring me back is if they do a free upgrade like they did with Cataclysm before Pandaria. Messed around for a free week access that I got, but I just don't have the time to play any MMO anymore. WoW has a lot of nostalgia for me with vanilla, but everytime I've been back, I realize the game is very different from when it started (some good, some bad).

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 ChiefvsGordon
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

as long as it comes out during the summer time frame. i'm doing my last semester of college the spring and don't want to be on wow lol. stopped after i hit the level cap on my 3 characters in cata whenever that expansion came out. i've been wanting to come back tho.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

Probably not. There are far too many reasons for me not to want to return to the game.

The endgame in WoW is two dimensional, do instances or PvP. The bosses and encounters are too scripted to the point where it feels like I am playing Guitar Hero or Simon Says. The talent system has been so dumbed down and uninteresting I dont even see the point in it anymore. Itemization is still bland as heck, and I am not sure how I feel about the itemization changes in this expansion, some changes look for the better others look to be for the worse. The game is still being written by Chris Metzen. And PvP, well, WoW's PvP is above average for this genre, but PvP really isnt the mmorpg genre's strong point.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

the graphics from the screenshots look ok but i'll find it hard to go back to wow. but im glad they are improving the visual look of the game now, it was in need of it badly... just hope they can improve it all the way....

i've played TERA since its release and going back to a game with targetting like wow is almost impossible. the combat is too boring.

I had a free week trial in wow early this year and just went back to mess around for a few days and it was not fun at all... and im not sure where all the people went to, but the server i was on was virtually empty. its weird how less fun a game is then you remember it after almost 10 years.

poochyena1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 poochyena1986
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

After checking out the new races I think might get it but I'm going to do a reroll a new character and on a different server then my old mains.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the human female turns out :)

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

I quit back in 2006 and I don't really see any reason to come back. WoW is dead, at least for me.

Meteor7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#15  Edited By Meteor7
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

Not sure, at this time probably not mainly because I don't have time to play WoW anymore.