This topic is locked from further discussion.

grifman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 grifman1
Member since 2012 • 124 Posts
I've been looking for a good zombie game for me and my friend. I saw day z and war z and thought they looked fun. But, which one is better? I want a game where you're thrown in a world and need to survive. Kind of like the walking dead. Another thing is: is day z hard to instal? I've never installed a mod before.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
War Z is bad. Day Z is good.
dav2693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dav2693
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts

Day Z all day, War Z is just a ripoff.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

DayZ. The War Z is a scam.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Go look at the steam forums and look at all the people who just bought the game and want refunds already.

They are lying on the steam store page, alot of the features they listed are NOT in the game and they dont say ANYWHERE at the game is in early stage and not finished.

WarZ is shady all around and the actual game sucks to. DayZ mod is fun and I hope the upcomign standalone is even better (Atleast the Dayz Devs are honest and don't lie like this).

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
Geez, this scam is gaining momentum fast.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

DayZ is better in everyway

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
If you're going to scam people, don't use zombies. My beloved zombies. :cry:
Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
In their present state, they're both half-assed piles of sh*t. There's a lot of potential there, but right now it's just turds of a different color. You're better off waiting until a finished, polished product is available. If you feel you absolutely have to play one right now, then go with DayZ. There's enough of a modding community that you're more likely to stumble upon something you enjoy, despite the glitches, bugs, and broken nonsense.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Wait for a month or so and the standalone DayZ will be out. And it will be simple to install.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
[QUOTE="thedarklinglord"]In their present state, they're both half-assed piles of sh*t. There's a lot of potential there, but right now it's just turds of a different color. You're better off waiting until a finished, polished product is available. If you feel you absolutely have to play one right now, then go with DayZ. There's enough of a modding community that you're more likely to stumble upon something you enjoy, despite the glitches, bugs, and broken nonsense.

Nah, with the most recent patch of DayZ its pretty much as stable as can be. Zombies work well, OP weapons are gone, most of the bugs are fixed. I havent run into a single one for quite a while. The only problems left are the ones inherit of the ArmA2 engine.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

Day Z all day, War Z is just a ripoff.

dav2693

DayZ. The War Z is a scam.

airshocker
Wait for a month or so and the standalone DayZ will be out. And it will be simple to install. Iantheone
I agree with all this!
Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

One is an unfinished product sold as a full game, and the other is just an overrated mod built on a terrible ARMA 2 engine. Both are advertised as open-world zombie game, but actual gameplay is:PVP, PVP, PVP,PVP, PVP, PVP,PVP, PVP, PVP.

AtotehZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AtotehZ
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts

DayZ. The War Z is a scam. airshocker

War Z was in development before DayZ came out. They made a lackluster product, but in no way is it a scam.

I have only played DayZ, not War Z, but my mates tell me it's **** So if I ever go back to playing either, it would be DayZ.

Last time I heard about DayZ is 4 months ago, if the graphical glitches and gear bugs have been fixed I'd definitely recommend it.

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

neither

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#16 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I've played neither but I've watched both a fair amount.

Day-Z looks like an unfinished game. It is more in depth, bigger and has more variety in the game environment.

War-Z looks like an alpha with horrible graphics, terrible animations (I mean REALLY bad), terrible sound design and garbage combat. The shooting is **** awful looking.

Take your pick.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Neither wait for Day Z standalone.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#18 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Jay-Z
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
Jay-Zillmatic87
Lol nice.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I've played neither but I've watched both a fair amount.

Day-Z looks like an unfinished game. It is more in depth, bigger and has more variety in the game environment.

War-Z looks like an alpha with horrible graphics, terrible animations (I mean REALLY bad), terrible sound design and garbage combat. The shooting is **** awful looking.

Take your pick.

-Unreal-

Fair assessment I would say.

Hopefully the DayZ standalone brings all the promises it has made.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

War Z is bad. Day Z is good.SaltyMeatballs

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
Well, they're both buggy and full of hackers so take your pick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

In their present state, they're both half-assed piles of sh*t. There's a lot of potential there, but right now it's just turds of a different color. You're better off waiting until a finished, polished product is available. If you feel you absolutely have to play one right now, then go with DayZ. There's enough of a modding community that you're more likely to stumble upon something you enjoy, despite the glitches, bugs, and broken nonsense.thedarklinglord

Now you're being stupid. DayZ is actually being developed by competent people. They want to make their game great. WarZ isn't. They just want your money.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

I enjoy War Z and I enjoy Day Z. Day Z has way too many bugs and crappy zombies that teleport at the moment. War Z has some bugs left and they have been improving every day which I've enjoyed. Fun game that you can jump into much faster than Day Z. Day Z will take hours to get some things done. But I am really looking forward to standalone Day Z.

However the problems with these games is that they are just pvp worlds with zombie obstacles. They were a better experience at first, felt like a social experiment. But now it is just full of people trying to find and kill each other. Still fun as long as you aren't sniped from a mile away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I enjoy War Z and I enjoy Day Z. Day Z has way too many bugs and crappy zombies that teleport at the moment. War Z has some bugs left and they have been improving every day which I've enjoyed. Fun game that you can jump into much faster than Day Z. Day Z will take hours to get some things done. But I am really looking forward to standalone Day Z.

However the problems with these games is that they are just pvp worlds with zombie obstacles. They were a better experience at first, felt like a social experiment. But now it is just full of people trying to find and kill each other. Still fun as long as you aren't sniped from a mile away.

Deadpool-n

This seems to prove you wrong.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

From what I've seen War Z is a flop, therefore Day Z.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]

airshocker

This seems to prove you wrong.

Posting a video of a person's opinion in an attempt to refute another person's opinion on a game is just silly. Those are the flaws that Deadpool sees with the game. Don't think he can be found "wrong" just because of a video that presents a different opinion.