Valve finally aware of their god awful customer service?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Steam has the worst customer service on Earth. Even EA's Origin is 10x better. Maybe they're finally starting to get a hint? Something really needs to be done, dealing with them is a never ending nightmare.

http://steamed.kotaku.com/valve-is-not-psyched-they-got-an-f-in-customer-service-1691308332

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Well that's not good. Personally I've had no issues with my Steam account so I haven't really ever had to deal with them. They have their server-side security down and I still think that counts for something. I've had the same short, simple password for over a decade and nothing's gone wrong. Yet I've had other accounts for Microsoft and Blizzard - accounts that I rarely used, which had big complicated passwords, somehow magically get hacked many months after not using the accounts myself.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya steams customer service is a complete joke. Worst experience I've had with a company in that aspect anyway. Purchased X-rebirth only to spend the next 6 hours trying to get the damn thing to run right or even run not play literally trouble shooting the whole entire time, uninstalled it after that. And the next day when I get my steam ticket back It's just some bot acknowledging the ticket. Days later they write me and tell me I've played 6 hrs of the game and am no longer eligible for a refund, he then goes on to say they don't even usually do refunds, and that he had no authority to offer them under normal circumstances. All this read like a machine even with a humans name behind it. Generic copy paste replies for every single answer I got from them.

Back and forth I go with them saying I haven't played more then 20 minutes of the game I can't even get past the first section. And the only answer they had for me was take it up with the games developer and go to their forum and bug section for help. So they took my pre order money, sold me a completely unfinished and broken product, then told me I had zero rights for my money back because I had to spend 6 hrs of apparently steam recognizing me as playing, though all I was doing was trouble shooting to get the damn thing to work right.

I now don't pre-order or buy games the first year of release. With that kind of support, and lack of any form of policing for quality on day one I'll never do a full price day one release again.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Steam customer service has always helped me, but they take forever to respond.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I've had issues with a couple of games just flat out not working, with all corrective actions failing and Steam refusing to refund me.

One of these days legislation is going to bite them in the ass, whether it be allowing PC users to resell game codes, or something else that's quickly gaining traction, and it'll be everything they deserve.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

Fortunately i havent had to deal with these pigs before so im lucky.

But i've dealt with similar horrible customer service people who cut and paste their responses, its the most frustrating thing in the world to know they didnt read anything you sent them and couldn't care less about helping you.

Steam has operated as almost a monopoly in digital distribution/drm game activation service for a while, but with this pattern i'm sure it won't be long till hassle free companies like gog and similar fill in the void and force steam to change their ways or perish. All games should have an option to be refunded if they don't work for someone.

bigger the company usually the worse and less personal the customer service. I remember having a lot of go nowhere help from EA over the years.