[Upcoming MMORPG] Life is Feudal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arrakis90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Arrakis90
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Life is Feudal is a sandbox MMORPG inspired by the medieval time period. In Life is Feudal players are given the opportunity to terraform the world and build villages, castles, forts, underground bases, and whatever they desire. But that's not all, if you're the barbarian type you can take to besieging forts, raiding enemies, or just taking your foes down!

FEATURES

• - Terraforming & Construction | Change the world beneath your feet and then slap on over 100 different types of buildings onto it.
  • - Rich Crafting System | There are over 500 different items that be crafted whether it's through mining, forging, logging, construction, taming, cooking, and so the list goes on!
  • - Battle Formation System | Keep your units in formation and provide them with bonuses.
  • - No Target Combat | Fight your foes in either first or third person combat by swinging, stabbing and so forth without actually locking on.
  • - And much, much more to see.

"LIFE IS FEUDAL" PROMO

UNLIMITED TERRAFORMING DEMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxyxj4FEGU

INGAME BUILDING DEMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KErvQIYa7A

ALPHA TEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT4d4djefUg

SEE MORE AT: https://www.lifeisfeudal.com/

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

that got my attention..will need to see more.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

If you can copy M&B's combat or reproduce something of similar quality, this will be an interesting game for sure. Otherwise it's dead in the water with a clunky combat system.

Arrakis90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arrakis90

Combat system may look a little 'unfinished', but it's realistic as it can be. If you get cut, it's not just damage you are taking, you are actually wounded, that is actually shown in one of the movies. This game has features from many games, sandbox and mmorpgs, and it seems like something really fresh. That is actually game I was waiting for about... few years, and soon it will come out. Imagine, gathering with friends, building village, fighting with invaders, gathering materials, mining etc with no restrictions, because as you see building and everything else is free, you don't need to pay cash to be able to set up a house or a village, only thing that matters is your effort to do that, and you certainly will need help to do that.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Some more work on the animations and it could be good, but somehow I think this is what we're going to get. Why would the guy carry that huge piece of log when he can just roll it? lol

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KHAndAnime

@arrakis90 said:

Combat system may look a little 'unfinished', but it's realistic as it can be. If you get cut, it's not just damage you are taking, you are actually wounded, that is actually shown in one of the movies. This game has features from many games, sandbox and mmorpgs, and it seems like something really fresh. That is actually game I was waiting for about... few years, and soon it will come out. Imagine, gathering with friends, building village, fighting with invaders, gathering materials, mining etc with no restrictions, because as you see building and everything else is free, you don't need to pay cash to be able to set up a house or a village, only thing that matters is your effort to do that, and you certainly will need help to do that.

The implications of this sort of sandbox system requires a huge amount of balancing to consider. It would become like Eve Online relatively quickly - join the biggest faction you can find or be crushed. A lot of people are turned off by this concept.

But I applaud the development of this game. We need more games like this. And more importantly, we need games like this to become popular. We need innovation and under-utilized ideas to be popularized to combat the stale state of the MMORPG genre.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lawlessx

@KHAndAnime said:

@arrakis90 said:

The implications of this sort of sandbox system requires a huge amount of balancing to consider. It would become like Eve Online relatively quickly - edjoin the biggest faction you can find or be crush. A lot of people are turned off by this concept.

But I applaud the development of this game. We need more games like this. And more importantly, we need games like this to become popular. We need innovation and under-utilized ideas to be popularized to combat the stale state of the MMORPG genre.

but you don't need to join the best corp in eve online to be successful in what you plan on doing.

Phlail_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phlail_UK

*Sees him digging tunnel* Minecraft re-skin?

Arrakis90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Arrakis90

lawlessx, you're right, but the higher you get, the more danger can come. And if you are all alone you might not stand a chance against blood thirsty murderers, who are living from killing and stealing. In EVE if your ship is destroy you lose it permanently, that's right, but you have your money, you can go back even if you die due to the cloning technology. But here? You must watch your every step, this will be fight for survival.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Well that's pretty neat.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lawlessx

@phlail_uk said:

*Sees him digging tunnel* Minecraft re-skin?

keep watching passed the first few seconds.

@arrakis90 said:

lawlessx, you're right, but the higher you get, the more danger can come. And if you are all alone you might not stand a chance against blood thirsty murderers, who are living from killing and stealing. In EVE if your ship is destroy you lose it permanently, that's right, but you have your money, you can go back even if you die due to the cloning technology. But here? You must watch your every step, this will be fight for survival.

and that's exactly my kind of MMO.

mortal online has a system similar to this and i would be playing it right now non-stop if the game wasn't so buggy. I hate feeling totally safe in MMOs these days

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Seems very ambitious. Normally I'd have a witty troll comment about a Minecraft reskin, but it seems like a genuinely good concept for an online game.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Looks very poorly made. Won't even be a blip on the radar.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KHAndAnime

@-Unreal- said:

Sometimes an innovative but roughly made product can be far more interesting and engaging than a polished unoriginal game concept.

Sometimes.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@-Unreal- said:

Sometimes an innovative but roughly made product can be far more interesting and engaging than a polished unoriginal game concept.

Sometimes.

But not this time. Or very many times. Including the time you're hinting at.

Speaking of originality, didn't you just tell the guy that copying Mount and Blade would be good? LOL.

Phlail_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Phlail_UK

@lawlessx: I did. I was just sharing my initial thought lol. It does look like an interesting game though :)

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

People said Minecraft would fail because of the rough graphics. Boy, were they wrong. Same goes for Narbacular Drop and a few other indie titles that later became gaming phenomenons.

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

2013 and the graphics are horrible the game probbly wont be out till the end of 2014. hope the graphics arnt horrible then.

Also as a note they arny using kick starter which is very odd. Indiego gives people the funds weather or not the company makes there funding or not. SO if it doesn't make its initial funding then they still get the money. i don't really like this system so i wont be putting any of my money into it. IF they had used kick starter i wouldnt have minded putting $20 into is.

Arrakis90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arrakis90

hofuldig

#1 - Graphics are as good as they can be considering that is a sandbox mmo with possibility of terraforming 100% of the world.

#2 - They couldn't start kickstarter campaign due to some regional issues, I am not sure about it, but I know they are doing what the can and indiegogo is their only alternative they have so far.

#3 - This system is bringing together features from known mmorpgs as well from sandbox games like minecraft, everything set in the medieval world with very nice crafting and gathering system, that is really unique, so you might wanna keep an eye on this project, you might like it ;)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

^ yeah terraforming and near-next gen or next-gen graphics in a sandbox MMO isn't going to happen any time soon. It's a nice thought though.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21  Edited By marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

is it Free to play ?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KHAndAnime

@-Unreal- said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@-Unreal- said:

Sometimes.

Speaking of originality, didn't you just tell the guy that copying Mount and Blade would be good? LOL.

Do you know what originality even means?

So, let me reiterate, so you don't get confused. Just pretend I'm your raid leader for a second, okay?

Originality is: doing something that hasn't been done before, or barely scratched upon before (such as M&B combat in an MMORPG).

Originality isn't: doing something that has been done a million time before (Everquest's combat in an MMORPG)

Can't believe I had to explain something so obvious to a gamer who's been around so long. If you have played multiple MMORPGs like the rest of us, you'd be more keen on something that hasn't been done too many times before. Everquest's gameplay gets old after awhile.

Anyways,why are you so obviously insecure when it comes to ambitious MMO's? Afraid you might do something refreshing for once? Or are you just aching for that Everquest gameplay every moment of every day?

I figured it out. It's because you haven't played any MMORPGs other than WoW, isn't it? You couldn't have made it more obvious for everyone. Let me, someone who has played dozens of MMORPGs (including at least a thousand hours of WoW) school you. WoW uses a hotkey system that is identical to just about every other MMO to date. The combat system, class archtype, etc. is all lifted directly from Everquest. I spent a thousand hours in that game too.

Mount & Blade's combat, on the other hand, hasn't really been done properly in an MMORPG. The closest thing to it is Darkfall, and even that game's combat is gimped in comparison. And that's only one attempt at it.

Does it make any sense to you? I know it's not WoW raid lingo, but it should echo some truth in that 45-man dungeon of a brain of yours.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KHAndAnime

@-Unreal- said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@-Unreal- said:

Sometimes.

Embarrassing, do you know what originality even means?

This isn't kindergarten, but you're going to have to get ready to have your world rocked by some basic word definitions. Just pretend I'm your raid leader for a second, okay? You just might retain it.

Originality is: doing something that hasn't been done before, or barely scratched upon before (such as M&B combat in an MMORPG).

Originality isn't: doing something that has been done a million time before (Everquest's combat in an MMORPG)

If you have played multiple MMORPGs like the rest of us, you'd be more keen on something that hasn't been done too many times before. Hell, you just might even get excited by the idea of some refreshing gameplay. Everquest's gameplay gets old after awhile, no?

Anyways,why are you so obviously insecure when it comes to ambitious MMO's? Afraid you might do something refreshing for once? Or are you just aching for that Everquest gameplay every moment of every day?

I figured it out. It's because you haven't played any MMORPGs other than WoW, isn't it? You couldn't have made it more obvious for everyone. Let me, someone who has played dozens of MMORPGs (including at least a thousand hours of WoW) school you. WoW uses a hotkey system that is identical to just about every other MMO to date. The combat system, class archtype, etc. is all lifted directly from Everquest. I spent a thousand hours in that game too.

Mount & Blade's combat, on the other hand, hasn't really been done properly in an MMORPG. The closest thing to it is Darkfall, and even that game's combat is gimped in comparison. And that's only one attempt at it.

Does it make any sense to you? I know it's not WoW raid lingo, but it should echo some truth in that 45-man dungeon of a brain of yours. Or you *just* might be like that guy who is convinced the Big Mac is the best sandwich ever and eats it 6 times a day because McDonalds is the most popular fast food place in the world. McDonalds IS the most popular food place in the world, so it has to be the best, right? Why else would so many people eat there? LOL

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lawlessx

i can't believe something like that even needed to be explained.

Then again there is indeed a reason developers are able to release the same old MMO formula over and over. Infact the only big time MMO developer i know that are trying to shake up the genre is CCP with world of darkness. We should be glad so many indie developers are making these sandbox MMOs..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

So it got:

1) Minecraft element which I'm not amused

2) Chivalry / War of the Roses poor combat mechanic which I'm not amused

3) AWESOME formation commands which I'm hoping it will keep on growing on the combat mechanics in a better way

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Looks interesting! I'll be watching this game.

Arrakis90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Arrakis90

Live Stream will happen at Friday 15th of November at 20:00 GMT (3:00 p.m. EST).

More info at this topic: http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/live-stream-of-some-gameplay-aspects-t458/

Arrakis90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arrakis90

This is big people! Life is Feudal is going to Steam Greenlight! Vote for it to help it get trough!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=224671046