Upcoming AMD Game Bundles. MASSIVE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

because no one replied on SW... how do these bundles even work anyway?BrunoBRS

Well, back whenI got my gtx 570, I got a 2 game-cards (almost like cardboard cd inserts) that each had a Game key on them.

One was for Mafia II, the other for Just Cause II.   I redeemed them on Steams Redeem game code option.

That is how it worked for me then. I am sure these are somewhat similar.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because no one replied on SW... how do these bundles even work anyway?Lach0121

Well, back whenI got my gtx 570, I got a 2 game-cards (almost like cardboard cd inserts) that each had a Game key on them.

One was for Mafia II, the other for Just Cause II.   I redeemed them on Steams Redeem game code option.

makes me wonder if my 5770 didn't have any in the box... now i have to check >.>

EDIT: checked and nope, nothing there.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Looks like a slide has been leaked. It shows AMD's plans for game bundles when you buy one of their graphics cards over a Nvidia card.

And I must say, it's PRETTY GOOD!

900x900px-LL-06c10484_AMD-Never-Settle-6

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
That's awesome. Not to go off-topic but, Nvidia is offering Metro Last Light right now. I kinda wish I didn't buy my gtx 670 two months ago :-(
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
That's awesome. Not to go off-topic but, Nvidia is offering Metro Last Light right now. I kinda wish I didn't buy my gtx 670 two months ago :-(Elann2008
Aren't there new NVIDIA cards coming out relatively soon?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BrunoBRS
because no one replied on SW... how do these bundles even work anyway?
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]because no one replied on SW... how do these bundles even work anyway?BrunoBRS

makes me wonder if my 5770 didn't have any in the box... now i have to check >.>

lol checking to see if you missed a treasure huh?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Lach0121

yeah. i bet the guy that built my PC for me kept the codes for himself, if there were any. but this time, I'M ORDERING THE CARD MYSELF! HA! and watch as it comes with no free games >.>
XiggyTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 XiggyTheBeast
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

Sounds good

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] makes me wonder if my 5770 didn't have any in the box... now i have to check >.>

BrunoBRS

yeah. i bet the guy that built my PC for me kept the codes for himself, if there were any. but this time, I'M ORDERING THE CARD MYSELF! HA! and watch as it comes with no free games >.>

They ususally have on the site you order from if it comes with any games, or not.

I knew mine was coming with those games before I ordered it. That, and EVGA's warranty options were the reason I went with EVGA's offer.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I don't think all 8 of those games will be one bundle

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Elann2008

lostrib
No hehe. It'll probably be distributed the same way it was with the first Never Settle promotion. I reckon Watch Dogs will go along with the 8000 series. O.o
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]That's awesome. Not to go off-topic but, Nvidia is offering Metro Last Light right now. I kinda wish I didn't buy my gtx 670 two months ago :-(KHAndAnime

Yup. Rumored to come out within 1-2 months or so.
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

lostrib

got myself a 7870 last week, Bioshock Infinite and DMC for free. great deal.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]That's awesome. Not to go off-topic but, Nvidia is offering Metro Last Light right now. I kinda wish I didn't buy my gtx 670 two months ago :-(Elann2008

Yup. Rumored to come out within 1-2 months or so.

the problem is, if you already have a gtx 670, I don't think any new card will be worth it, no matter what game is in the bundle.

forget about Titan, that's for epeeny enhancement.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Hahaha AMD must be so despaired.....giving out free games if you buy their cards....and then you can't play those games properly on these cards xD

Well okay, probably they're clever enough to pick games wich run smooth with AMD Cards....just don't expect anything else than that to run smooth on AMD ;P

And yeah, this comes from a passionate AMD Hater who had a comp for years that used an AMD Graphics card and made nothing but trouble out most of my games, ever since I switched to NVIDIA never had the slightest problem...only if I didn't update drivers when all new games came out, but well, that's no big deal.

So, yeah, call me AMD hater or NVIDIA Fanboy, I don't care, I just know what I still would be better off with ;)

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I'm a blind fanboy and love telling people how they made bad choices in life to make my choices feel superior. 

Justforvisit

Yeah, that sounds about right.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
because no one replied on SW... how do these bundles even work anyway?BrunoBRS
Well I just built my PC a few weeks ago and got Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite with my GPU. I got a postcard size card with the GPU that had a code I entered at their site. When I did that, I got two emails. One five minutes after entering the code for Crysis 3 off origin and a week later when Bioshock released, I got an email with the cd key for Bioshock on Steam.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Hahaha AMD must be so despaired.....giving out free games if you buy their cards....and then you can't play those games properly on these cards xD

Well okay, probably they're clever enough to pick games wich run smooth with AMD Cards....just don't expect anything else than that to run smooth on AMD ;P

And yeah, this comes from a passionate AMD Hater who had a comp for years that used an AMD Graphics card and made nothing but trouble out most of my games, ever since I switched to NVIDIA never had the slightest problem...only if I didn't update drivers when all new games came out, but well, that's no big deal.

So, yeah, call me AMD hater or NVIDIA Fanboy, I don't care, I just know what I still would be better off with ;)

Justforvisit
People like you crack me up. So because years ago you had issues with a AMD card and have never used one again after, you actually think it's okay to continue bashing years later and it won't make you look ignorant? NEW FLASH: I never used an AMD card before now and ALL my games run great on my AMD card. Thanks for entertaining me. You remind me of a 70+ year old man. Set in his ways and ignorant to the advancements of the world (or AMD in this case).
ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

Not bad

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

What the! I just bought a 7770 and didnt get any codes...............

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Justforvisit

You are a special kind of stupid.  But Nvidia does this same crap, except their game bundles are crappier

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Lach0121

They ususally have on the site you order from if it comes with any games, or not.

I knew mine was coming with those games before I ordered it. That, and EVGA's warranty options were the reason I went with EVGA's offer.

i ordered an XFX 7870 (same brand as my 5770, which has yet to fail me), and it wasn't directly from the manufacturer because, you know, the manufacturer is on the other side of the equator. i'd love to get some games with it, especially if bioshock infinite is one of them :P
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Minus Watch Dogs, and BF4 that list looks like crap tbqh.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

What's the game between Battlefail and Watch Dogs?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Minus Watch Dogs, and BF4 that list looks like crap tbqh.

TwistedShade

Total War: Rome 2, CoH 2, and Grid 2 look like crap? Not sure if serious.....

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] yeah. i bet the guy that built my PC for me kept the codes for himself, if there were any. but this time, I'M ORDERING THE CARD MYSELF! HA! and watch as it comes with no free games >.>BrunoBRS

i ordered an XFX 7870 (same brand as my 5770, which has yet to fail me), and it wasn't directly from the manufacturer because, you know, the manufacturer is on the other side of the equator. i'd love to get some games with it, especially if bioshock infinite is one of them :P

I ordered my GTX570 from Newegg I want to say. 

We have a XFX6870 in my gf's rig.  Card seems to do just fine, haven't had any issues out of it other than some crap drivers from time to time. Same could be said for the GTX570 though, especially for the first 4 months or so of its launch. (thats when it finally got some good drivers)

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

Baranga
i... can't tell :| but it seems to be either about zombies, pirates, or both.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#29 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Would rather get a NVidia card and Metro to be honest.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

BrunoBRS

Raven Cry. I never heard of it until now. Most of these games aren't appealing but they're basically free. I'm only interested in Watch Dogs, Company of Heroes 2, and maybe.. Blacklist just to see how it turns out. I just hope game publishers don't complain by blaming bad sales and lack of profit due to promotional deals.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Not bad. I bought my 7850 back in December and it came with FC3, Hitman and a discount code for MoH or something. Had I bought it a couple of weeks before, I would have got Sleeping Dogs too. I`m not sure though if that was XFX, AMD or a Newegg promo though.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Baranga"]

Elann2008

Raven Cry. I never heard of it until now. Most of these games aren't appealing but they're basically free. I'm only interested in Watch Dogs, Company of Heroes 2, and maybe.. Blacklist just to see how it turns out. I just hope game publishers don't complain by blaming bad sales and lack of profit due to promotional deals.

well it's not like it matters to me, i've already ordered my new card, and won't upgrade again for a while :P