Unofficial Guild Wars 2 Thread Version 2.0.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

They are for groups and they're all deserted (just explorers) except the end zone, where there are tens of people on almost every single event, it's the best zone to farm, karma, gold, rares, you name it, till Cursed Shore, you will have a bad time and you will die a lot.

Kuromino

I got tired of Malchor's Leap, couldn't make any real progress exploring that. Decided to check out Cursed Shore. I thought Frostgorge Sound was bad for bots; this is just overkill. Don't see me having any more luck here with exploration, as it seems most people are here for a select few DEs.

Yep, the 3 in the S are the most popular and efficient, but you will find players everywhere around there, except the part with the labyrinth, they rarely go around there.
#152 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

I'm finding the Orr zones to be incredibly annoying to navigate through. Too many DEs and not enough people interested in doing them. This is leading to more than half of the waypoints being contested. The high respawn rate is constantly getting me killed too. =(

I don't suppose anyone on Fort Aspenwood would be interested in assisting me with exploring the last two areas in Orr. Seems like these areas were meant for grouping.

Kuromino
ask for help in the guild, people would be willing to help. though i can't say i had problems with malchor's leap or cursed shore. i actually enjoy those areas. straits of devastation, on the other hand >.>
#153 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

They are for groups and they're all deserted (just explorers) except the end zone, where there are tens of people on almost every single event, it's the best zone to farm, karma, gold, rares, you name it, till Cursed Shore, you will have a bad time and you will die a lot.

DanielDust

I got tired of Malchor's Leap, couldn't make any real progress exploring that. Decided to check out Cursed Shore. I thought Frostgorge Sound was bad for bots; this is just overkill. Don't see me having any more luck here with exploration, as it seems most people are here for a select few DEs.

Yep, the 3 in the S are the most popular and efficient, but you will find players everywhere around there, except the part with the labyrinth, they rarely go around there.

i found like 4 players when i was passing by the labyrinth, and one bot that someone portalled inside it. it was pretty funny lol.
#154 Posted by illmatic87 (15460 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kane04"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]I bought a full set of masterwork Magic Find gear lol. I need help D:.

I got the full rare armour with +1% magic find on everything and my regular weapons (longbow, sword and axe) with +3% each and still after 2~3 weeks I've only found 2 rare weapons on loot (that I couldn't use) and when I tried to sell those on the market there were +1000 listings -___-

I have a fyll set of 3% Explorer gear with trinkets as well. With Superior Runes of the Traveller. I left my weapons as is and use the ones I generally use. It totals up to an increase of 83% MF. Im noticing a significant increase in loot. I've found 1-2 rares each day since using it, but you'll make the most out of seeing alot more Green drops. Im seeing a fair bit of dyes too. Im even enjoying the change of pace as I retraited my mesmer to suit. Since that post, I've made about 6 gold. And Bruno, I upgraded that Masterwork to Rare Explorer gear already. The Masterwork is ideal as it has the 3% increased Magic Find that you need. But I made enough money in return for the upgrade.
#155 Posted by illmatic87 (15460 posts) -
@Kuromino Just try not to let the bots ruin the experience for you. If you're tired of reporting them, then stop. At worst they'll camp out in droves on a "Defend an outpost" event and kill things fast before you have a chance of loot-tagging them. At best you'll have alot of fun dropping a Portal or bungle at their feet as the bot scripts are written to spam the F-to-loot key. When in Orr, I'd advise you to bring stun break skills, at least two in your bar. But ask Mozzi or Clem, they're always in and around Orr, im there on occassion too, but I tend to play during off-peak hours (since Im Australian and our evening lines up to make Orr less zergy). There are PUGs forming up too to ease up the challenge of most professions struggling to tag enemies in high population DEs.
#156 Posted by Kuromino (1396 posts) -

Somehow I managed to fully explore Cursed Shore. So much money lost from repairs and travelling though.

All that's left now is Malchor's Leap. Kind of stuck there though, as I need one POI, which seems way to hard to get to solo and three skill points. One of those skill points is bugged and the other two seem to be impossible to get while the Grenth statues are active.

#157 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
link to the Official Sword of Tyria Dance Party Thread.
#158 Posted by Kane04 (2069 posts) -
Does anyone know when the black lion preview will come? I heard they were working on it maybe a month ago and nothing, what's so hard about it?
#159 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kane04"]Does anyone know when the black lion preview will come? I heard they were working on it maybe a month ago and nothing, what's so hard about it?

Probably the Halloween patch.
#160 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kane04"]Does anyone know when the black lion preview will come? I heard they were working on it maybe a month ago and nothing, what's so hard about it?

well the halloween patch will have a sh!tton of new additions and improvements (and a bunch of halloween stuff :P), which includes the new rewards for finishing the story. so i'd think that we'll see that tomorrow.
#161 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Kane04"]Does anyone know when the black lion preview will come? I heard they were working on it maybe a month ago and nothing, what's so hard about it?

well the halloween patch will have a sh!tton of new additions and improvements (and a bunch of halloween stuff :P), which includes the new rewards for finishing the story. so i'd think that we'll see that tomorrow.

New rewards? what happens to those that already got 3 mediocre blues worth 1 silver to a vendor?
#162 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Kane04"]Does anyone know when the black lion preview will come? I heard they were working on it maybe a month ago and nothing, what's so hard about it?

New rewards? what happens to those that already got 3 mediocre blues worth 1 silver to a vendor?

they get the new rewards as well as keep the old ones. the new reward is, like GW1, a unique weapon skin. a soulbound yellow (meh), but it's the only way to get that skin.
#163 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Nice, looking forward to it and the first of the hopefully many events and new reasons to keep (re)exploring the world (the new jumping puzzles and such).
#164 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
Nice, looking forward to it and the first of the hopefully many events and new reasons to keep (re)exploring the world (the new jumping puzzles and such).DanielDust
colin johanson let it slip that there will be a "massive november update" too. basically, he said the team is focusing on giving us more and more things to do at 80 before focusing too much on side stuff like minigames.
#165 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Maybe they'll add a winter theme to some zones or change the weather, would love a winter event, those are the ones I have the most fun participating, Christmas and even the new year sometimes when I have nothing to do during that time.
#166 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Starting to add some focus to my Charr and I excited to get deeper into the Engineer class. Unlocked the second batch of skills and went to the Flamethrower first.:P

151B15FDBB0373316674B032F1E470829CDF1AE9

#167 Posted by Kane04 (2069 posts) -
Just hit 50% of map exploration, if the other half looks this good I'll be really amazed, so far many times I've thought the game couldn't impress me anymore but it keeps doing it. This game really does look amazing.
#168 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
Maybe they'll add a winter theme to some zones or change the weather, would love a winter event, those are the ones I have the most fun participating, Christmas and even the new year sometimes when I have nothing to do during that time.DanielDust
Oh there will be a christmas holiday event (or wintersday as it's called in-game). Don't expect the whole map to get a snowy skin though, that would be kind of insane if they put that much time aside just on a holiday reskin. Think of all the permanent new content they could do instead!
#169 Posted by illmatic87 (15460 posts) -

Someone showed me this link :lol:

#170 Posted by takeiteazy3 (743 posts) -
haha Elementalist OP
#171 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Maybe they'll add a winter theme to some zones or change the weather, would love a winter event, those are the ones I have the most fun participating, Christmas and even the new year sometimes when I have nothing to do during that time.BrunoBRS
Oh there will be a christmas holiday event (or wintersday as it's called in-game). Don't expect the whole map to get a snowy skin though, that would be kind of insane if they put that much time aside just on a holiday reskin. Think of all the permanent new content they could do instead!

Not reskinned zones, was thinking more like adding winter props to various zones, the cities will most likely get some, or maybe just creating something with a little pre Christmas atmosphere in the Norn area
#173 Posted by DoctorWho88 (214 posts) -

I love GW2 so much!!! I can't stop playing it - it's so good!!! King of MMO's!!!

#174 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

I'm going to risk sounding like a major newbie here, but my little brother's after this game for Christmas, can anyone recommend me a place to buy it, any extra add-ons and such that will be available as well? The only console I've ever played is Nintendo for non-committal games like Mario Kart, Smash Brothers etc so I don't really have a good idea of how serious these shooting PC games are! I've been recommended this site here for Cheap PC Games but you guys seem like experts, I figured it'd be more fruitful to inquire here! Thanks :D kirbykins87
reported

#175 Posted by DoctorWho88 (214 posts) -
I'm going to risk sounding like a major newbie here, but my little brother's after this game for Christmas, can anyone recommend me a place to buy it, any extra add-ons and such that will be available as well? The only console I've ever played is Nintendo for non-committal games like Mario Kart, Smash Brothers etc so I don't really have a good idea of how serious these shooting PC games are! I've been recommended this site here for Cheap PC Games but you guys seem like experts, I figured it'd be more fruitful to inquire here! Thanks :D kirbykins87
"shooting PC games"? Guild Wars is a RPG - get it right, tho I don't blame ya. I recommend play.com (if they have it) or amazon - these sites give you decent deals and pretty trustworthy content. I bought mine from amazon, and I've never heard of Cheap PC Games before. I couldn't find Guild Wars 2 on that site, let alone the category that Guild Wars 2 is in, so I dunno for sure - but take my word and just go for amazon. They're all roughly the same deals, and amazon is pretty safe and hassle-free
#176 Posted by Kane04 (2069 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Maybe they'll add a winter theme to some zones or change the weather, would love a winter event, those are the ones I have the most fun participating, Christmas and even the new year sometimes when I have nothing to do during that time.DanielDust

Not reskinned zones, was thinking more like adding winter props to various zones, the cities will most likely get some, or maybe just creating something with a little pre Christmas atmosphere in the Norn area

Problem is today everything has to be "political correct and a public place is not a suitable place for religious events" I think it's a shame, I'm not religious, actually think in a way every religion in the world is kinda idiotic and th planet would be better off without any form of religion, but, I like Christmas, the lights the pastry. For me it's more about celebrating more than anything else, so I do hope they get xmas trees and other stuff all over the norn area.
#177 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
A little update about the Halloween Update: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/22/guild-wars-2-halloween-update-video-chris-and-tom-try-on-costumes-throw-things-at-kids/
#178 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
A little update about the Halloween Update: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/22/guild-wars-2-halloween-update-video-chris-and-tom-try-on-costumes-throw-things-at-kids/trastamad03
Can't wait, looks extremely atmospheric and the atmosphere is what I appreciate the most in GW 2, love what they did with the forge too with the included jumping puzzle.
#179 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kane04"][QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] Oh there will be a christmas holiday event (or wintersday as it's called in-game). Don't expect the whole map to get a snowy skin though, that would be kind of insane if they put that much time aside just on a holiday reskin. Think of all the permanent new content they could do instead!

Problem is today everything has to be "political correct and a public place is not a suitable place for religious events" I think it's a shame, I'm not religious, actually think in a way every religion in the world is kinda idiotic and th planet would be better off without any form of religion, but, I like Christmas, the lights the pastry. For me it's more about celebrating more than anything else, so I do hope they get xmas trees and other stuff all over the norn area.

i've seen more claims of "there are people out there trying to ruin christmas in the name of political correctness!" than people actually doing that. in fact, i have never seen anyone ever do that. anyway, daniel, just look at the halloween update this week, enjoy it, and you'll have an idea of what to expect for wintersday.
#180 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
A little update about the Halloween Update: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/22/guild-wars-2-halloween-update-video-chris-and-tom-try-on-costumes-throw-things-at-kids/trastamad03
LOL candy corn ores. this is amazing. city events :o i'll need a guide of all the stuff you can do on halloween so i make sure i do absolutely everything :P
#181 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Lol war hamster, oh Dinky. I so glad I chosen him as my sparring partner. Also was there a time given on when the new update comes out today?

#182 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Lol war hamster, oh Dinky. I so glad I chosen him as my sparring partner. Also was there a time given on when the new update comes out today?

Wanderer5
"midnight in europe". then midnight in europe passed. then it was apparently another time zone. it passed too. >.>
#183 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

while i'm bored...

the original zihark darshell, in GW1 (he's the one on the left, his evil twin is on the right)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578951422429765025/72FDF716C06F5E5EC7DE1F4F9223C4E9DADF23EF/

and the new one:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8304/guildwars22012102221011.png

right click for full size, i was too lazy to crop.

#184 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

so bored i made a side-by-side one:

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/1345/guildwarsziharkdarshell.png

#185 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

BrunoBRS

Nice of making a dye set similar to your GW1 character.

#186 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

Wanderer5

Nice of making a dye set similar to your GW1 character.

technically the blue and brown from the left pic is all i could change :P GW1's dye system was very different. you could mix up to 4 dyes (out of what, 12 basic ones?) to get unique colors, but only one color per piece (head, chest, gloves, legs, boots). it was also a consumable. and armor was cIass specific. if i didn't owe a friend 4g, i'd buy shoulders and chest that match the original armor more, even though i prefer my current setup over any other :P
#187 Posted by ArchonOver (1103 posts) -

OMG my armour doesn't completly suck anymore :D

n659g6.png

#188 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Wait... is... killing... me...

Might as well go ingame have one of my character cry or sleep till the update comes.:P

#189 Posted by Nitrowing (217 posts) -

Wow everyone is downloading this patch and we might be killing their servers download rate is slow.

#190 Posted by illmatic87 (15460 posts) -
My work internet is downloading the update at ~50kb/s :(
#191 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
this event is way more fun than i expected. costume brawl turned lion's arch into complete madness, the scavenger hunt is fun, and hunting down pumpkins is very fun in a paranoid OCD kind of way.
#192 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Well the event seems to be pretty cool so far, but I still need to figure out a lot of things (like the meter you get especially, but I figure that out tomorrow). Like that you can collect candy corn and even throw up if you eat too many at once.:P

9A407899EA793E7D8FED3801A5EAD910166CD5F0
C61CD98EA190F4D780A04EEFC522F84740DAE8B9

#193 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

^ i'm more confused about those dooes lol.

the meter is actually quite simple. you're given a page of a book, with two clues, one for each "digging site". you solve the riddle, go to the place (skill #5 is actually a proximity meter, changes from mild to strong when you are within range), scan the appropriate frequency (like water on the sewers) and see what happens. could be rewards, a new clue, or even a bunch of skeletons you have to kill >.>

each time you activate the scanner, you consume one candy corn, and it comes with 5 charges per candy i think.

#194 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

^ i'm more confused about those dooes lol.

the meter is actually quite simple. you're given a page of a book, with two clues, one for each "digging site". you solve the riddle, go to the place (skill #5 is actually a proximity meter, changes from mild to strong when you are within range), scan the appropriate frequency (like water on the sewers) and see what happens. could be rewards, a new clue, or even a bunch of skeletons you have to kill >.>

each time you activate the scanner, you consume one candy corn, and it comes with 5 charges per candy i think.

BrunoBRS

Ah okay, well just going to keep mining every candy corn I see.:P This week is going to be exciting.

And yeah those doors are pretty confusing, but they look cool.

#195 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

I was too excited about this, did not enjoy it one bit and felt like I wasted 3 hours doing absolutely nothing for no reason at all. They worked a lot on LA and that's what I wanted to see the most, but I can't, everything else they did for this event destroys the atmosphere and mood to explore, all the kapow, boom, paw, etc, I'm also disappointed because there's absolutely nothing to do, they did not implement the entire event, I get following a story/event in acts, but I don't like content implemented in parts, then there's the aesthetic side of things that is completely geared towards making money, someone on the forum used around 12K gems and he did not get a single skin, was also eager for the new story reward that I found about from Bruno, but somebody extremely stupid at Anet didn't really think this through, you can only turn it in at a vendor from the last instance after you defeat *the "guy"*, just got rid of the token because it's extremely stupid to design it like that, I don't have any friends that didn't complete the story, well I do have some, but they will never complete it so...

I want only one thing to do, enjoy the new LA and its dark atmosphere, can't even do it, when everyone will cool down and I will be able to do such a thing it'll be too late because the event will be over :/.

I liked only one thing, the costume and hood, which reminds me, they didn't even add the free halloween item yet, that you're suppose to be able to get from the store.

At least I managed to get some screenshots, to look at and imagine how much better it would be if thigs were actually calm and "mysterious".

gw491z.jpggw493.jpggw494.jpggw495.jpggw498.jpggw499.jpg

I call it "The Problem"

gw500.jpggw501.jpggw502.jpg

#196 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
you... got rid of the token? :| and it's halloween. all the starter areas (which are usually villages or village-like structures) will have halloween stands with people celebrating it. outside those areas, all you see are some haunted doors, some candy corn ore, and some pumpkins you can carve. if that ruins the game for you... then... :| the free halloween item is there, i got it right after the patch. they're devil horns, and cost 0 gems. and why can't you do anything in LA? i spent an hour there laughing my ass off with my guildies, costume brawling like maniacs. i even got crowned a few times. it's a BRAWL, it's supposed to be chaotic, and that's why it's so funny. it's also the reason why duels will never be implemented. that chaos is funny because it's halloween and everyone looks silly. the moment you take the silliness and spirit of mischief off, it just becomes a bunch of people spamming effects everywhere. you can take part in every activity without spending a single gem. jump inside the mystic forge and you'll turn into a monster, or use one of the many tonics dropped, both work on costume brawl. black lion keys? you can buy the rewards from other players. hell, i don't even know the rewards yet for the current halloween quests (outside of being a lot of fun). and this is the first of 4 acts, each one will implement new activities. as for me, i think i'll cave in and buy that pirate outfit with the aviator sunglasses. my character looks too cool in that.
#197 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

oh and you should've seen it during the night, which apparently you haven't.

and keep in mind, halloween in tyria has always been a celebration, an excuse to party and do silly things, not some serious bullsh!t about some evil lich that must be stopped. it's not supposed to be calm and mysterious. it's supposed to be goofy and funny.

#198 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

I absolutely hate costume brawling, don't have anything against people celebrating, but that isn't what's happening, people mindlessly spam attacks through the city hoping to complete their monthly achievement or w/e achievement recently added this thing as a requirement, the devil horns aren't on the store in EU and not a single "free" item on it advertised since it would obviously be a hot item like the launch cap.

As for the event itself, I completed everything except everything that isn't fun, opened a single door and there won't be a second and I will not "mine" for candy because I have no use for it nor do I wish to eat it for the achievement, hopefully once you get all 4 volumes that item becomes something good.

I've seen it durning the night, love what they did to LA, just can't enjoy it at all with all the mindless spamming going on around there, couldn't spend another minute on it, would have preffered to take night shots, but these will do.

#199 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
they updated the patch notes. apparently the devil horns had been removed from the store because people were shoving it in the mystic forge. it's been fixed and now you can buy them. also "Fixed an issue when Halloween creatures could infinitely spawn from Haunted Doors" now it makes so much more sense. so you knock on the door, and you either get a bag of treats, or you get a veteran mob to spawn.
#200 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Considering that the only fun I could have "in game" during this event was seeing a group of people RPing in a dark corner of LA far away from the mobs of brawlers and since you guys seem to just hang around a lot, just changed the server since lag doesn't seem to be a problem even if I'm far from America, so, can a Norn hating Asura guardian join?