Unofficial Guild Wars 2 Thread Version 2.0.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1551 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

Hey guys, this is a noob question but here it goes, I have both Warrior and Guardian and like both of them but for the life of me cant decide which one to go with as my main, here are my basic needs if helps advise me on which would be better for me:
1. Survivability/durable ( very important )
2. Good Damage
3. Mainly PVE and Dungeons
4. PVP is not very important but like to try it from time to time.

Ondoval

1. Guardian, but both can be greath at that part.

2. Warrior.

3. Warrior is the best profession at solo PvE, seconded by Guardian. Guardian is the best at dungeons/fractals, seconded by Warriors and Mesmers.

4. Both are -IMO- weak at PvP, but due the game in PvP is oriented towards the control of points Guardians are better as "holders" than Warriors and more popular in that aprt of the game.

Is a close fight, my mains are a Warrior and a Guardian. I must add that in WvW Warriors are better for solo roaming and Guardiangs better for zerg frontline/support, whereas both can be equally usefull in small groups doing guerrillas.

guardians are top tier on sPvP because they're excellent bunkers. they're just about impossible to take down with the right build.
#1552 Posted by II-Siamak-II (479 posts) -

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

Hey guys, this is a noob question but here it goes, I have both Warrior and Guardian and like both of them but for the life of me cant decide which one to go with as my main, here are my basic needs if helps advise me on which would be better for me:
1. Survivability/durable ( very important )
2. Good Damage
3. Mainly PVE and Dungeons
4. PVP is not very important but like to try it from time to time.

Ondoval

1. Guardian, but both can be greath at that part.

2. Warrior.

3. Warrior is the best profession at solo PvE, seconded by Guardian. Guardian is the best at dungeons/fractals, seconded by Warriors and Mesmers.

4. Both are -IMO- weak at PvP, but due the game in PvP is oriented towards the control of points Guardians are better as "holders" than Warriors and more popular in that aprt of the game.

Is a close fight, my mains are a Warrior and a Guardian. I must add that in WvW Warriors are better for solo roaming and Guardiangs better for zerg frontline/support, whereas both can be equally usefull in small groups doing guerrillas.

Overall if you have to choose 1, whichone would you give the upper hand?

#1553 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
Overall if you have to choose 1, whichone would you give the upper hand?II-Siamak-II
Offensive minded: go warrior. Defensive minded: go guardian. One isn't 'better' than the other, they just do different things. I choose warrior just because I like to dish out a lot of damage rather than support others and be a tank.
#1554 Posted by D4W1L4H (1764 posts) -

If dungeon running is the main thing you're looking for pick warrior.

#1555 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

reached lv60 with my guardian, and 400 huntsman. now i can safely say i'm one step closer to a legendary. and i also look cool:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/866091416916118060/E65344D8693612E9A7C364DD21CBBC32D4FE4A8D/

#1556 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

^Teh evil guardian.:P

Went to Eye of the North for a peek. Nothing really worth there for me but it nice to see the place once, and it was free to get there so whatever.

#1557 Posted by SamThePurpleton (57 posts) -
IMO Warriors are better, they have nicer skills that I prefer a hell more, whereas Guardians feel weaker (in damage terms) to me in comparison, and my playing style is really dish out lots of damage, so I would say Warrior ... but it all depends on your style ;)
#1558 Posted by II-Siamak-II (479 posts) -

IMO Warriors are better, they have nicer skills that I prefer a hell more, whereas Guardians feel weaker (in damage terms) to me in comparison, and my playing style is really dish out lots of damage, so I would say Warrior ... but it all depends on your style ;)SamThePurpleton

Thats the reason I keep going back to my warrior after playing guardian a bit, I'm just Warrior at heart i guess. their skills click better for me if you know what i mean.

#1559 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Okay new stuff have been revealed today.

For the final part of the F&F story, there will be a new dungoen that has a single main path but changes per re-entry (like some of the Fractal parts). Fingers crossed for a fused token as a reward for beating it.:P

Then there will be a few stuff added to the gem store including Rox's quiver, plus some additonal updates to the Guild missions and WvW

Then here some info for the custom arenas and spectator mode.

#1560 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

24 new guild treks, which happens to be what we're unlocking in a few weeks. rox's quiver, which is much more suitable for a thief than the current one. and a new dungeon. it'll be a fun month.BrunoBRS

I was actually thinking of a quiver for Harvest, so I think I check out this one.

#1561 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

So basically the 4 skins are Rox's bow and quiver, and Braham's mace and shield. Pretty nice, as they all look good, but I think I just going to get the quiver.

Also teh back banners:

e0197Retribution_screen-1.jpg

#1562 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
24 new guild treks, which happens to be what we're unlocking in a few weeks. rox's quiver, which is much more suitable for a thief than the current one. and a new dungeon. it'll be a fun month.
#1563 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]24 new guild treks, which happens to be what we're unlocking in a few weeks. rox's quiver, which is much more suitable for a thief than the current one. and a new dungeon. it'll be a fun month.Wanderer5

I was actually thinking of a quiver for Harvest, so I think I check out this one.

i wish there was a way to make the quiver only show up when you have the bow on. what annoys me right now is how that quiver just stands out stupidly when i have my daggers on, which is almost always.
#1564 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

So basically the 4 skins are Rox's bow and quiver, and Braham's mace and shield. Pretty nice, as they all look good, but I think I just going to get the quiver.

Also teh back banners:

Wanderer5
TOTAL WvW: SHOGUN 2.
#1566 Posted by Huntrider (152 posts) -

I came across this picture on the FA forums. These guys are from PACT and have 20 identical mesmers :O

Just imagine this army of clones coming at you. Run away. LOL

#1567 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

I came across this picture on the FA forums. These guys are from PACT and have 20 identical mesmers :O

Just imagine this army of clones coming at you. Run away. LOL

Huntrider
they should've named themselves a bunch of capital i's and lower key L's.
#1568 Posted by SamThePurpleton (57 posts) -

Also teh back banners:

Wanderer5
Awesome, I'm psyched for the back banners :D
#1569 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

So during one of our speedruns in Super Box Adventure, me and Bruno noticed something odd:

9ABCB63C237E1605CA0BC3F3B6C9EF084DBAFCE0

Either his warrior grew, my engi shrinked, or we both were resized in SAB lol. Whatever way I was feeling pretty small.:P

#1570 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

and here's the same pic from my POV. my asura was definitely bigger, he felt slow and sluggish.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/867217858803080747/4B4F0A9179A04A761DBB37EB2A8DD1D31448D931/

#1571 Posted by Ondoval (3103 posts) -

I didn't care too much for the new weapon skins tradeable for guild tokens + gold due I was too busy saving the tokens for the ascended earrings, but now that my Guardian has almost the full gear finished I was looking those skins and some of them are really, really nice -very detailed models both in the wireframe and the quality of the textures-. Now I'm looking to buy the hammer and some others in the incoming months.

Must add that I've polished a lot my tactics regarding running dungeons to max the profits: yesterday I did 6 runs in 5 different dungeons in less than 100 minutes playing with my guild mates; in some of them we are really fast -I have 2 characters capable to consistently do Citadel of Flame path 1 in less than 10 minutes, and we were able to do Sorrow's Embrace path 1 with only 3 players without too much problems-.

That's good because it means that now we understand the basics and mechanics of each run we do and we can farm different dungeons retaining a good time/rewards ratio without falling in boriness for overfarming a single path. This is also good due WvW is my main motivation and duegeons are mostly a distraction to found my race for a legendary weapon and the items required to enhance the looks in my characters and alternative setups, so the more as doing dungeons, fractals and guild missions keep being task easy to do and proficient for the group the better for the general experience.

#1572 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

I didn't care too much for the new weapon skins tradeable for guild tokens + gold due I was too busy saving the tokens for the ascended earrings, but now that my Guardian has almost the full gear finished I was looking those skins and some of them are really, really nice -very detailed models both in the wireframe and the quality of the textures-. Now I'm looking to buy the hammer and some others in the incoming months.

Must add that I've polished a lot my tactics regarding running dungeons to max the profits: yesterday I did 6 runs in 5 different dungeons in less than 100 minutes playing with my guild mates; in some of them we are really fast -I have 2 characters capable to consistently do Citadel of Flame path 1 in less than 10 minutes, and we were able to do Sorrow's Embrace path 1 with only 3 players without too much problems-.

That's good because it means that now we understand the basics and mechanics of each run we do and we can farm different dungeons retaining a good time/rewards ratio without falling in boriness for overfarming a single path. This is also good due WvW is my main motivation and duegeons are mostly a distraction to found my race for a legendary weapon and the items required to enhance the looks in my characters and alternative setups, so the more as doing dungeons, fractals and guild missions keep being task easy to do and proficient for the group the better for the general experience.

Ondoval
the guild shield is amazing. and i wish i had the time to get good at dungeon farming, i need the money >.>
#1573 Posted by rocketsatdawn (6 posts) -

I actually 100% completed a zone yeserday. YAY!

#1574 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I actually 100% completed a zone yeserday. YAY!

rocketsatdawn
How long you been playing? I have been playing for about a month and I have lost count with how many zones I have 100% completed.
#1575 Posted by Kuromino (1385 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

BrunoBRS

the guild shield is amazing. and i wish i had the time to get good at dungeon farming, i need the money >.>

My warrior is almost 80 and think I'd like that shield for him; looks huge on a Charr.  Only need 2 more tokens.  If you're doing any of those bounty missions this weekend, I'd definitely be up for that.

#1576 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Got my warrior to lv 80 last night. Decided to head through Orr which gave me a lot of exp point and also gotten a exotic armor set.

Kuromino

What spec are you going with for your warrior?
Been going pretty much full berserker on mine and I'm not really digging it; too squishy.  Once I hit 80, I'm gonna switch things up to allow him to survive longer.

FYI, I'll be giving him a completely different look than yours, so these characters won't look similar. =P 

:lol:

And as for spec I gotten the aurora armor of melandru which involves a lot of toughness, so basically my warrior is pretty tanky like. I might sacrifice a bit of toughness for something else in the traits through, but I definitely don't want him squishy.

#1577 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

Been going pretty much full berserker on mine and I'm not really digging it; too squishy.  Once I hit 80, I'm gonna switch things up to allow him to survive longer.

FYI, I'll be giving him a completely different look than yours, so these characters won't look similar. =P 

BrunoBRS

And as for spec I gotten the aurora armor of melandru which basically involves a lot of toughness, so bascially my warrior is pretty tanky like. I might sacrifice a bit of toughness for something else in the traits through, but I definitely don't want him squishy.

that's essentially soldier's armor (power tough vit), which is considered one of the best stat combos.

I seem to like soldier stats a lot.:P I have him mix with other different types of stats with the trinkets and such through.

#1578 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Got my warrior to lv 80 last night. Decided to head through Orr which gave me a lot of exp point and also gotten a exotic armor set.

#1579 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] isn't there any temple armor with knight stats?BrunoBRS

Don't think so.  I should point out though, that I want each piece to come from the same temple, I'm that picky.  My ranger has all ravager armor, but transmuted to look like temple armor.  Each piece was purchased from the Melandru temple, so they're all Medium Aurora.  I kind of want the warrior to have all Heavy Armageddon, but that Balthazar Temple. ;_;

isn't heavy armageddon that stupid skullface one? :P

Yeah.:P Looks terrible to me, but I have it because I don't show the headwear anyway, so I decided to not waste a fine stone.

#1580 Posted by Kuromino (1385 posts) -

Wanderer5

#1581 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Kuromino

one pair of twin charrs is enough :P
#1582 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

And as for spec I gotten the aurora armor of melandru which basically involves a lot of toughness, so bascially my warrior is pretty tanky like. I might sacrifice a bit of toughness for something else in the traits through, but I definitely don't want him squishy.

that's essentially soldier's armor (power tough vit), which is considered one of the best stat combos.
#1583 Posted by Kuromino (1385 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

And as for spec I gotten the aurora armor of melandru which involves a lot of toughness, so basically my warrior is pretty tanky like. I might sacrifice a bit of toughness for something else in the traits through, but I definitely don't want him squishy.

Are you transmuting that armor by any chance?  Because I crafted the Knight's armor and I'll be transmuting it to look like the temple armor. =P

#1584 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

Kuromino

Are you transmuting that armor by any chance?  Because I crafted the Knight's armor and I'll be transmuting it to look like the temple armor. =P

Of course, I transmuted all the armor pieces beside the helmet into what I been wearing recently.:P

#1585 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

Kuromino

isn't there any temple armor with knight stats?
#1586 Posted by Kuromino (1385 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

BrunoBRS

Don't think so.  I should point out though, that I want each piece to come from the same temple, I'm that picky.  My ranger has all ravager armor, but transmuted to look like temple armor.  Each piece was purchased from the Melandru temple, so they're all Medium Aurora.  I kind of want the warrior to have all Heavy Armageddon, but that Balthazar Temple. ;_;

#1587 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Kuromino"]

Kuromino

#1588 Posted by Ondoval (3103 posts) -

Soldier armor/weapons can be obtained with karma at some vendors at Cursed Shore, you can also buy it from the dungeon vendors from Ascalon Catacombs and Honor of the Waves. Those are focused in Pot, with Thou and Vit, are good for starters due they provide high survability, but they lack Precission.

The next step for a Warrior usually involves changing from Soldier to Knights armor/weapons. The central stat is Thou, with Pot and Prec; due the large pool of health inherent to Warriors -the lagest one along with Necros- usually Thou is better than Vit in most of scenarios. Both Soldier and Knight items are good for Warriors playing in zergs or starting to do dungeons. And talking about dungeons, Knight items can be obtained at Sorrow's Embrace and Arah vendors.

Finally, once a player in confy enough using his Warrior most of them realize that are evades, utility skills and positioning the key factors to survive in dungeons and duels, so Berserker stats -which is the fastest way to kill/destroy enemy sources of damage- are finally introduced in the equation (sometimes mixing Knight and Zerk stats, sometimes going full beserker). Still, more tanky gear is needed if you want to be part of the frontline in zergs, but for roaming and dungeon runs full zerk is the way to go. Berserker gear can be traded by tokens from Citadel of Flame, Crucible of Eternity and Arah.

This is more o less how a roaming Warrior with full zerk gear but a good balanced choices in traits operates while roaming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cVGoDIN6rQ&list=FL3rRjSPT2ADF8Bx3SFTUn_g&index=1

#1589 Posted by Kuromino (1385 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] isn't there any temple armor with knight stats?BrunoBRS

Not sure.  I remember doing a preview of it on my ranger and thought it looked pretty sweet.  I'll make sure to preview it on my warrior before buying it.  You know, just in case.  Of course, I need to get to Orr first.  Not gonna head there with this current build though.

#1590 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Kuromino

Not sure.  I remember doing a preview of it on my ranger and thought it looked pretty sweet.  I'll make sure to preview it on my warrior before buying it.  You know, just in case.  Of course, I need to get to Orr first.  Not gonna head there with this current build though.

i think it looks silly, but suit yourself :P
#1591 Posted by Kuromino (1385 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kuromino"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] isn't heavy armageddon that stupid skullface one? :PBrunoBRS

I dunno, I really dig the look of it.  You know what would help it look better. . . .a Guild Tower Shield.  With all those spikes and the size of the shield, the potential for clipping is through the roof. =P

#1592 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Kuromino

I dunno, I really dig the look of it.  You know what would help it look better. . . .a Guild Tower Shield.  With all those spikes and the size of the shield, the potential for clipping is through the roof. =P

you're a charr. you're already at max clipping potential.
#1593 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
i'm up to help with those dungeons :P
#1594 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Going through the home instances I notice that the changes that can happen in your character's instance can happen in the other ones too, at least a few characters wise. One is Mira who was the lionguard that you had to find in Battle of Claw island and ended up wounded, afterward is being carried to the ship by Trahearne. What especially weird about her is that she in a different pose or appeance throughout these instances, the human one being the lol worthy:

F7ABBD69286E6AC9010BDBB55A8C3033BFD682C6

A0396849B310F269466B18AB87C57BA1F34E5087

E43A21BA1B8604BBC38A82079218C57649CEF730

B6564757FB2DBAEC18D8FE10208325B9200B70EB

71B46A310ACF51B8C59AF7344DADF70DCA9431A1

Also there this one charr from the priory that was in Forging the Pact, and for some reason is in these instances. Other changes I notice in all of them is the race you help out with (for Grimm for a example it the ogres), and this one whispers norn. Amsuing, but these home instances could be a lot more interesting and less awkward.:P

#1596 Posted by Huntrider (152 posts) -

Did some dueling with bruno last night. His ranger vs. mine. Good hard fought duels. Enjoy. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UyvEdnogI&feature=youtube_gdata

#1597 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Did some dueling with bruno last night. His ranger vs. mine. Good hard fought duels. Enjoy. :D

Huntrider
*clicks* *guile's theme starts playing* :lol: but yeah, those were some good fights. i need to get to learn the class a bit more, to use skill combos better (and to know the best time to use certain combos). i also desperately need tuesday's patch to make my use of canines as interrupts be worth a damn :P
#1598 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Twilight Arbor is a pretty neat looking dungeon, even through it has some weird sound effects, like during the nightmare tree where it sounded like someone was tap dancing on my roof.:P I glad to have finally done it in some form.

#1599 Posted by Huntrider (152 posts) -

[QUOTE="Huntrider"]

BrunoBRS

*clicks* *guile's theme starts playing* :lol: but yeah, those were some good fights. i need to get to learn the class a bit more, to use skill combos better (and to know the best time to use certain combos). i also desperately need tuesday's patch to make my use of canines as interrupts be worth a damn :P

I couldnt help myself :lol: I love the guile theme.

#1600 Posted by Will47 (6826 posts) -

I was taking some picture of Blinnt, liked how one turned out :P

In the words of Bruno, "I'm the Blinntman"

Gw22013-04-2821-51-39-90_zps8a35bead.png