Unofficial Guild Wars 2 Thread Version 2.0.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

The last couple of pics look nice. Is that in the last personal storyline?

Oh and don't get me started with the so called Destiny Edge lol.

Wanderer5
yeah. once you beat the personal story, you go and kill zhaitan. then you head to a celebration on fort trinity. for the record, the rewards suck anyway, so don't rush :P
#102 Posted by Wanderer5 (25723 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

BrunoBRS

yeah. once you beat the personal story, you go and kill zhaitan. then you head to a celebration on fort trinity. for the record, the rewards suck anyway, so don't rush :P

Do I have to beat him again lol? Well I won't be doing that for a while.

#103 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

probably, don't think it would count unless you did it after you finished with the rest of the story. wouldn't make much sense either :P
#104 Posted by Wanderer5 (25723 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] yeah. once you beat the personal story, you go and kill zhaitan. then you head to a celebration on fort trinity. for the record, the rewards suck anyway, so don't rush :PBrunoBRS

probably, don't think it would count unless you did it after you finished with the rest of the story. wouldn't make much sense either :P

Yeah lol. Oh well, I honestly don't care much for personal story nowadays anyway since glitches are coming up more.>.>

#105 Posted by illmatic87 (15297 posts) -
Needs more fireworks.
#106 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
Needs more fireworks.illmatic87
well the NPCs wouldn't fire them for you while you posed for the pic, what are you gonna do?
#107 Posted by Wanderer5 (25723 posts) -

Holy **** Blackgate has a big freaking lead in WvWvW:

4864FFEE2A83D1FD5109565470F55574241AB593

#108 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

Wanderer5

yeah, we got screwed this week.

dragonbrand also got a horrible match up, from what wis3boi posted on the screenshot thread.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1135164277656438999/4D0ECC5FB5C7FEBB521B08299398C2E95111B2EB/

green is OP confirmed.

#109 Posted by Lord_Nas3k (1492 posts) -

Wanderer5

>Losing to Tarnished Coast

I don't even

#110 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Lord_Nas3k

I don't even

being the unofficial RP server doesn't mean they can't be good at PvP.
#111 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lord_Nas3k"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

BrunoBRS

I don't even

tarnished coast.. gud at pvp..

:lol: you gotta be kidding me

last week we practically fell asleep vs them and dragonbrand. we basically held our home battlegorund and eternal BG all week XD ill go dig up my screenshot tomorrow of us on teh saturday

tarnished was 2nd by sh!t tons, DB basically stopped showing up and as a result took third. i think i saw maybe 2-3 dozen of em all week haha

#112 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Lord_Nas3k"]

I don't even

ionusX

last week we practically fell asleep vs them and dragonbrand. we basically held our home battlegorund and eternal BG all week XD ill go dig up my screenshot tomorrow of us on teh saturday

tarnished was 2nd by sh!t tons, DB basically stopped showing up and as a result took third. i think i saw maybe 2-3 dozen of em all week haha

you see, the problem is that every week one or two of your top tier, 4-hour queue servers ends up in our mid-tier, no queue servers match ups, and ruins the fun for everyone else. case in point, blackgate and their recent influx of guilds for god knows what reason wiping the floor with us.
#113 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] being the unofficial RP server doesn't mean they can't be good at PvP.BrunoBRS

you see, the problem is that every week one or two of your top tier, 4-hour queue servers ends up in our mid-tier, no queue servers match ups, and ruins the fun for everyone else. case in point, blackgate and their recent influx of guilds for god knows what reason wiping the floor with us.

i should warn you that nebo terrace and eye of janathir are in cohoots with eachother. theyve been talking on some steam pages and were against em right now in WvW. their partnering up and have really put the screws to us. as a result we will probably be second in this match up with the weaker nebo terrace taking third and eye grabbing 1st.

im serious here they even have been sieging our keeps as organized units and took stonemist together from us. its been a real annoying dilema. ive seen maybe 1 siege of an eye of jana tower all week from nebo.

#114 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] being the unofficial RP server doesn't mean they can't be good at PvP.BrunoBRS

im thinking thats where bladeradio has been moving its operation to, or maybe its because of some alliance like unformal migration by some neighborly guilds due to being on a craptastic/dead server

#115 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="ionusX"] tarnished coast.. gud at pvp..

ionusX

i should warn you that nebo terrace and eye of janathir are in cohoots with eachother. theyve been talking on some steam pages and were against em right now in WvW. their partnering up and have really put the screws to us. as a result we will probably be second in this match up with the weaker nebo terrace taking third and eye grabbing 1st.

im serious here they even have been sieging our keeps as organized units and took stonemist together from us. its been a real annoying dilema. ive seen maybe 1 siege of an eye of jana tower all week from nebo.

you do realize me and you are not on the same server, right? :P
#116 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] you see, the problem is that every week one or two of your top tier, 4-hour queue servers ends up in our mid-tier, no queue servers match ups, and ruins the fun for everyone else. case in point, blackgate and their recent influx of guilds for god knows what reason wiping the floor with us.BrunoBRS

you do realize me and you are not on the same server, right? :P

yep but its plausible you may face them

#117 Posted by Allicrombie (25240 posts) -
havent played in weeks.
#118 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
havent played in weeks.Allicrombie
aaaw. on the bright side, you can play whenever you feel like, without having to pay 15 bucks to do so.
#119 Posted by Allicrombie (25240 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]havent played in weeks.BrunoBRS
aaaw. on the bright side, you can play whenever you feel like, without having to pay 15 bucks to do so.

Yeah, though I'd be all for a monthly fee if it thinned out the huge crowds everywhere.
#120 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
They're making it really hard to want to start playing again. Just look at the recent patch, they're not even trying anymore. Fixed a recently introduced issue that could cause some players to get stuck in loading screens primarily during PvP matches Fixed a recently introduced issue that could cause some players to not see other characters models Restored Asuran head sizes to the size selected during character creation Fixed a bug with the Asuran character creation head size slider When they actually did patches they rarely released patch notes, now they release something like this for problems they "recently" introduced. I thought they'd have stopped destroying the game themselves till now and that they actually started fixing the real bugs that were there since release, but no such thing, hopefully they have some major patching planned with the event update.
#121 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]They're making it really hard to want to start playing again. Just look at the recent patch, they're not even trying anymore. Fixed a recently introduced issue that could cause some players to get stuck in loading screens primarily during PvP matches Fixed a recently introduced issue that could cause some players to not see other characters models Restored Asuran head sizes to the size selected during character creation Fixed a bug with the Asuran character creation head size slider When they actually did patches they rarely released patch notes, now they release something like this for problems they "recently" introduced. I thought they'd have stopped destroying the game themselves till now and that they actually started fixing the real bugs that were there since release, but no such thing, hopefully they have some major patching planned with the event update.

they've been releasing patch notes on every new build, what are you talking about?
#122 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
No they haven't, only the few major patches received full patch notes, first several patches didn't have a single announcement. When they first started they just added some vague lines on the wiki and scattered on the website.
#123 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
No they haven't, only the few major patches received full patch notes, first several patches didn't have a single announcement. When they first started they just added some vague lines on the wiki and scattered on the website.DanielDust
every weekly patch has its own topic, check the "news and announcements" board.
#124 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

The game had over 40 patches and hotfixes "while" I played ( till 3 weeks ago), I don't see any of it in the news section and they obviously wouldn't release patch notes for every "we fixed this problem we caused ourselves on our journey to completely destroy anything that works in this game", they mentioned a few of those things in major patches, but this time they suddenly felt they will actually announce these things.

#125 Posted by illmatic87 (15297 posts) -

Someone posted this on Reddit :lol:

j2aHN.jpg

#126 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

j2aHN.jpg

illmatic87
i saw a norn warrior that used a similar palette. his name was Kawaii Anime Girl.
#127 Posted by Wanderer5 (25723 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic87"]

j2aHN.jpg

BrunoBRS

i saw a norn warrior that used a similar palette. his name was Kawaii Anime Girl.

Kawaii Anime Girl.:lol:

#128 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]

j2aHN.jpg

Wanderer5

Kawaii Anime Girl.:lol:

i hope you noticed the pronoun i used is "he". HE was in orr, in the temple of grenth, wearing the most ridiculous outfit he could find. anyway, i got DC'd right at the end of a jumping puzzle me and the guild were doing D:
#129 Posted by Wanderer5 (25723 posts) -

i hope you noticed the pronoun i used is "he". HE was in orr, in the temple of grenth, wearing the most ridiculous outfit he could find. anyway, i got DC'd right at the end of a jumping puzzle me and the guild were doing D:BrunoBRS

Oh I did and I already saw your comment on it ingame anyway.:P Still cracks me up.

And I decided to look into a dye set for halloween, and the best I probably can use is that light orange color in the starter set and black cherry with a tad of ruby:

smiahalloween.jpg

Unless maybe I find a darker orange, I stick to this to celebrate the Halloween update (I find a dye set for my Charr too). I glad I starting to get into the dye system. Should be very fun for holidays especially.:P

#130 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
i'm waiting for the 22 update and hoping the black lion trading company will have black dyes on sale there. probably cheaper from them than from players (3g lol). i already have a good enough orange.
#131 Posted by Wanderer5 (25723 posts) -

i'm waiting for the 22 update and hoping the black lion trading company will have black dyes on sale there. probably cheaper from them than from players (3g lol). i already have a good enough orange.BrunoBRS

It went down to 2g and 90s!:P Yeah no thanks lol, I think black cherry is good enough, I decided to get the orange dye however since it was only a couple slivers which added a bit more nice darker touch to the outfit so I good.

#132 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

how i'd like my guardian to look like, if he ever gets to lv80:

http://imageshack.us/a/img99/333/guildwars22012101619462.png

not sure on the gauntlets.

#133 Posted by illmatic87 (15297 posts) -

BrunoBRS

n8BGg.jpg

My plans for my Necromancer.

[spoiler] Not really :P. This was from that same dude with the ugly Transformer vomit thing [/spoiler]

#134 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

illmatic87

n8BGg.jpg

My plans for my Necromancer.

[spoiler] Not really :P. This was from that same dude with the ugly Transformer vomit thing [/spoiler]

it's not a transformer! it's a secret power ranger!
#135 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

today's GW2 daily has got me hyped for halloween.

#136 Posted by illmatic87 (15297 posts) -
I bought a full set of masterwork Magic Find gear lol. I need help D:.
#137 Posted by SkyWard20 (4509 posts) -

I bet most of you aren't even playing this game anymore. :lol:

#138 Posted by Kane04 (2069 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]I bought a full set of masterwork Magic Find gear lol. I need help D:.

I got the full rare armour with +1% magic find on everything and my regular weapons (longbow, sword and axe) with +3% each and still after 2~3 weeks I've only found 2 rare weapons on loot (that I couldn't use) and when I tried to sell those on the market there were +1000 listings -___-

SkyWard20
Thats why we post screens of stuff we did the day before, and even the armor color scheme for Halloween. I know the all might WoW, with the pandaria now, has lots and lots and lots of things to do, so much content that 8 years isn't enough to explore, because the fact that its still kicking has nothing to do with a simple addiction, nope, just endless content, and there aren't many people that just log everyday to stand around and chat or anything.
#139 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]I bought a full set of masterwork Magic Find gear lol. I need help D:.

masterwork? are you that cheap? :P just use a full set of superior rune of the noble, your magic find will skyrocket, plus you get to spam drakehounds around. only reason bots don't do it, i was told, is because you need to complete dungeons to get those :P
#140 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic87"]I bought a full set of masterwork Magic Find gear lol. I need help D:.BrunoBRS
masterwork? are you that cheap? :P just use a full set of superior rune of the noble, your magic find will skyrocket, plus you get to spam drakehounds around. only reason bots don't do it, i was told, is because you need to complete dungeons to get those :P

If things were that easy, got only 3 superior runes in around 100 hours at level 80, also, you never go full rune set, not unless you want to go for some kind of hybrid set that has decent mf and decent stats, besides the set, since now gems are terribly expensive so mf boosters aren't worth it at all (weren't even when they were cheap), be sure to always eat the omnomberry bar, 30% mf AND 40% gold find, thanks to that gold find you will cover the price of a bar after 15 mobs at most (events in Orr).

#141 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]I bought a full set of masterwork Magic Find gear lol. I need help D:.DanielDust

If things were that easy, got only 3 superior runes in around 100 hours at level 80, also, you never go full rune set, not unless you want to go for some kind of hybrid set that has decent mf and decent stats, besides the set, since now gems are terribly expensive so mf boosters aren't worth it at all (weren't even when they were cheap), be sure to always eat the omnomberry bar, 30% mf AND 40% gold find, thanks to that gold find you will cover the price of a bar after 15 mobs at most (events in Orr).

why the hell would you NOT go for a full set? yes, there are benefits for hybrid sets, but full sets have the strongest stat boosts.

for example, i use a full set of runes of the undead. what it does is give me a lot of condition damage, a lot of toughness, and because i have all 6, i get 5% of my toughness converted into condition damage. that's more condition damage than i could ever hope to get by using mix and match sets, and as a bonus it raises my survivability.

if illmatic wants high magic find, the rune of the noble is the best option. 1 rune gives +10% magic find. at 3 runes you get +15% on top of that, at 5 runes you get +25% ON TOP OF THAT, and at 6 runes, you have a 5% chance to spawn a drakehound that will stay with you until it dies. and there is no limit to the amount of drakehounds you can get from this method as of now. so not only will he get a crapton of magic find, he'll get a small army worth of hounds to make killing mobs faster.

the only downside is that it costs 120 dungeon tokens each rune, and i'm not sure if those can be bought on the trading post, since they require dungeon tokens to be obtained.

#142 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Why the hell would you get a magic find set without magic find? You're wasting at least 50% magic find just so you can get a little more damage and more survivability, that's why people that actually care about magic find combine 3 sets of runes + a gem and those that want to go to the extreme use that 4th rune that's sold for quite a lot of gold, using that other rune will get you an extra 8% magic find or so, to reach with boosts, banners, guild boost, food around 230-240 magic find.
#143 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
Why the hell would you get a magic find set without magic find? You're wasting at least 50% magic find just so you can get a little more damage and more survivability, that's why people that actually care about magic find combine 3 sets of runes + a gem and those that want to go to the extreme use that 4th rune that's sold for quite a lot of gold, using that other rune will get you an extra 8% magic find or so, to reach with boosts, banners, guild boost, food around 230-240 magic find.DanielDust
magic find stats + magic find runes. and you should really tell me how you can get +25% magic find with just a pair of runes, because the way i see it, replacing potential 4th and 5th runes of the noble with any other set wouldn't give that much magic find. as for the hounds, i thought it was obvious. more hounds = kill faster. kill faster = farm faster. farm faster = more items per hour.
#144 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
I don't think you even understand what it is that we are discussing here, faster farm, faster killing, pets for farming...what? I mean seriously, what? When you go farm, all you can manage and hope to achieve is to at least tag the mobs and a lot of them will be missed unless you're a mesmer, killing? they die in less than a second, you won't ever have a single pet able to land a single hit on a single mob and you want to make an army of pets, do I really need to tell you these things? Now that we got the "pure nonsense and absolute randomness" out of the way, a pair of runes? I told you 3 sets (obviously not full) of runes + gems, or if you have money to waste, the 4 available sets of runes. No matter what you say, getting a magic find gear and caring about random other stats and redundant rune effects is pure nonsense, do you want to RP, pretend that you are capable of great things because of numbers or to actually get some farming done for karma, gold, greens and rares to either sell or combine at the forge?
#145 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]I don't think you even understand what it is that we are discussing here, faster farm, faster killing, pets for farming...what? I mean seriously, what? When you go farm, all you can manage and hope to achieve is to at least tag the mobs and a lot of them will be missed unless you're a mesmer, killing? they die in less than a second, you won't ever have a single pet able to land a single hit on a single mob and you want to make an army of pets, do I really need to tell you these things? Now that we got the "pure nonsense and absolute randomness" out of the way, a pair of runes? I told you 3 sets (obviously not full) of runes + gems, or if you have money to waste, the 4 available sets of runes. No matter what you say, getting a magic find gear and caring about random other stats and redundant rune effects is pure nonsense, do you want to RP, pretend that you are capable of great things because of numbers or to actually get some farming done for karma, gold, greens and rares to either sell or combine at the forge?

i'm not even sure if you're speaking english anymore.
#146 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

finally got a screen of myself off of steam. gamespot was being an @$$ for image upload

4D1F39AD66F663D6C83D807424414444E18BCC95

#147 Posted by Maroxad (8351 posts) -

SkyWard20

I am not, but that is not because of the game itself. But rather, because I dedicate more time for my studies, dont have time for GW2 anymore, too addicting.

That said, I spent more time in a single weekend on this game before than I did in the entirety of SWTOR :lol:

#148 Posted by Kuromino (1359 posts) -

I'm finding the Orr zones to be incredibly annoying to navigate through. Too many DEs and not enough people interested in doing them. This is leading to more than half of the waypoints being contested. The high respawn rate is constantly getting me killed too. =(

I don't suppose anyone on Fort Aspenwood would be interested in assisting me with exploring the last two areas in Orr. Seems like these areas were meant for grouping.

#149 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

They are for groups and they're all deserted (just explorers) except the end zone, where there are tens of people on almost every single event, it's the best zone to farm, karma, gold, rares, you name it, till Cursed Shore, you will have a bad time and you will die a lot.

#150 Posted by Kuromino (1359 posts) -

They are for groups and they're all deserted (just explorers) except the end zone, where there are tens of people on almost every single event, it's the best zone to farm, karma, gold, rares, you name it, till Cursed Shore, you will have a bad time and you will die a lot.

DanielDust

I got tired of Malchor's Leap, couldn't make any real progress exploring that. Decided to check out Cursed Shore. I thought Frostgorge Sound was bad for bots; this is just overkill. Don't see me having any more luck here with exploration, as it seems most people are here for a select few DEs.