Hello. I bought a cheap UPS and had the PC, TV and PS3 connected to the battery. Last night there was a blackout and the battery didn't stay on as it was supposed to. I realized it was because of the TV and PS3, so now I only have the PC and it works as it should.
The TV, PS3 and my speakers setup are still connected to the UPS, but to the other side that doesn't have the battery protection. I turned off the UPS and realized the TV and PS3 still had their red led, which didn't happen before when they were connected to the battery.
My question is, should the UPS still give protection against voltage changes even when it's off?