UK pre-ordering of sim city pricing is outrageous!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/html/pbPage.SimcityUK/

I'm honestly shocked they can sell a game at this price, i mean £44.99 is pretty high but for a digital copy really???

and i'm in real shock over the price of the deluxe edition, seriously does a couple of landmarks from countries justify that price tag!!

i was really looking forward to this game aswel but i'm not paying that price for a game, which i have to download. 

just to throw it out there you can buy tomb raider at the minute on play.com for £21.99 for pc. and that was out this week here in the uk.

KodiakKoolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 KodiakKoolaid
Member since 2012 • 443 Posts
yeah I'm waiting for a sale b4 buying.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

so am i £64.99 says so just for 3 lots of city stuff which will just make it look pretty. lol

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Well, for me this is the price of the game: 61,50 euros

They really want to rip us off in Latin America.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

the extra crap up for download by it self $10 each lol. and there is tons of stuff in game already.

2: why you shopping at origin? go to GMG or something 5

I paid $30  for saimcity back in december lol from GMG. 

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
Then don't buy it. Why does anyone even preorder games anymore? Especially with all the issues the game is currently having. Wait for the inevitable sale.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Guys, please don't buy it. Don't support this cancerous PoS company that milks the gaming community for every dollar they can. I can't believe I bought into the hype and bought this game, it's really not worth the money. Or buy it when it goes on sale.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]Guys, please don't buy it. Don't support this cancerous PoS company that milks the gaming community for every dollar they can. I can't believe I bought into the hype and bought this game, it's really not worth the money. Or buy it when it goes on sale.

i think different. If they got their act together with server. it's great game
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"]Guys, please don't buy it. Don't support this cancerous PoS company that milks the gaming community for every dollar they can. I can't believe I bought into the hype and bought this game, it's really not worth the money. Or buy it when it goes on sale.

i think different. If they got their act together with server. it's great game

I think it's OK, but definitely not what it should be. Every time I make a city, I can't help but be a bit annoyed when after an hour of playtime I've completely filled the 2x2km square that they've provided us, while beyond that there's nothing. Kind of gives the city a weird look to it.
doubleupdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 doubleupdan
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Miroku32

If you buy it through the origin store in latin america (im in argentina) can you put it in english? Im british but can only access the spanish language store and have to pay in euros which makes no sense.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]

doubleupdan

If you buy it through the origin store in latin america (im in argentina) can you put it in english? Im british but can only access the spanish language store and have to pay in euros which makes no sense.

As far as I know no. For all IPs that come from Latin America the store will redirect you to the Origin Store from Spain.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Given the failure of the servers to cope with the US launch, the UK version of Origin has pulled Sim City from its store - comes up as page not available. But I agree on the comments about the pricing - far too high for a launch price when every other game comes out for £29.99 for the standard edition. Just because EA chose to label their basic edition as "limited" doesn't justify the higher price tag, because there was no standard edition available to buy from Origin. Wait for them to sort their servers out and for the initial rush to die down, then it will be on sale for a normal price.