deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

I guess they got fed up with tweaking Planetary Annihilation and have moved on to this.

The robot apocalypse gets complicated when tentacle monsters crash the party. Humans are the resource in this epic strategy game.

Want to destroy the world? Get in line.

Human Resources is a PC real-time strategy game that puts you in command of apocalyptic factions vying to conquer the drifting remains of a shattered Earth. Using humans as your resource, assemble giant armies to annihilate your foes, then feed the newly-cleansed Earthshards to your almighty leader.

Key Features of Human Resources include:

• Asymmetrical factions! Play as ancient squid monsters from another dimension or as giant killer robots.
  • Insanely huge battles! Command hundreds of units and conquer sprawling, fully destructible cities.
  • Breathtaking visuals! A comic-inspired art style means the apocalypse has never looked so gorgeous.
  • Blast from the past! The tone, character, and pacing of a Command & Conquer game mixed with the mammoth battles of an Annihilation game.

The Singularity is nigh. Newly-sentient automated factories churn out waves of giant robots, hell-bent on dismantling and recycling all of human civilization. The insect-like Machines can deploy into stationary modes, enhancing their shielding and firepower. They decimate their enemies with ranged energy weapons.

The humans invoke the tentacled Ancient Ones in a last-ditch effort to stem the Machine onslaught. This proves unwise. Now the Ancient Ones vie with the Machines to consume the last scraps of Earth. The Ancient Ones advance in fast-moving hordes, overwhelming their foes with fearsome melee attacks. An assortment of arcane spells and foul poisons rounds out their arsenal.

Who knows what other factions may lurk in the void, waiting for the moment to strike?

Battles unfold on floating fragments of Earth as they are ripped from the planet and pulled toward the waiting mouths of god-sized faction leaders. The cities that lie in your path are fully destructible, as is the terrain beneath them. Uproot buildings to use as clubs! Create mighty warriors that can cut the Earthshard in two! Bore giant holes through the ground! Summon your overlords to eat the whole thing!

Up to eight players can duke it out on endlessly-varied procedural battlefields. Skirmish against up to seven AI adversaries on your own or fight multiple AI opponents alongside your friends.

Randomly-generated terrain and cityscapes create new opportunities from battle to battle. A single game may encompass one or many Earthshards, crisscrossed by any number of human settlements. Unexpected bonus items lurk in randomly-generated structures throughout the battlefield, encouraging improvisation and risk-taking.

Human Resources’ visual style is inspired by the clean color and precise linework of classic comic illustrators like Moebius, Hergé, and Geof Darrow. Clear silhouettes and easily-differentiated colors make it easy to navigate chaotic battlefields. We’ve created a homebrew rendering system to make the apocalypse prettier than it’s ever been before.

Uber Entertainment is an independent game studio founded in 2008 by a team of industry veterans who wanted to create high quality games in a small-team environment. In 2010, Uber released its first title, the critically-acclaimed Monday Night Combat. Since then, we have released Super Monday Night Combat, Toy Rush, and Planetary Annihilation.

Planetary Annihilation was developed with the support of a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign (the Planetary Annihilation team will continue to support that project while a new team builds Human Resources). Having experienced the unprecedented creative control, autonomy, and IP ownership enabled by crowdfunding, we can’t imagine going back to the old way of making games. With Kickstarter, we get to make the game we want, the way we want to make it -- and we get to work with you guys from day one.

With Planetary Annihilation, we think the results speak for themselves. The game is a beloved and critically lauded entry in the RTS canon, and we’re extremely proud of it. Now we’re ready to try something even more ambitious.

Human Resources evolves the powerful Planetary Annihilation engine to enable new innovations in gameplay, graphics, and world-building. We need your help -- not just as financial backers, but as partners who will shape key aspects of the game’s design.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58943 Posts

I never picked up PA but apparently people are pissed off about missing features and DRM, even though they promised none. The metacritic score is why I wont fund this, call it lame or sheepish, but it's the reason.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

This seems to be interesting but if it has PA's price (I remember it reached $60) I will think twice before I buy it...

ps: That blue laser beam that passed through the building reminded me of Total Annihilation's Annihilator defense tower :D.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Coseniath said:

This seems to be interesting but if it has PA's price (I remember it reached $60) I will think twice before I buy it...

ps: That blue laser beam that passed through the building reminded me of Total Annihilation's Annihilator defense tower :D.

PA's pricing was $90 for the alpha and $60 for the beta. When the game was officially released it went down to $29.99

judging from the rewards from the pledges it looks like they will be repeating the same pricing plan

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I think Planetary Annihilation is a fail, I won't support this project neither, but if it turns out good as the trailer shows I'd definitely would pick this up at finished state.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58943 Posts

Stealth browsing the steam forums i'v seem some of the most absolutely ridiculous shit from early access developers overcharging like mad. "We made a promise to our backers and wont betray our principles".

By playing an unreleased game i.e. alpha/beta you are doing the developers a service, not the other way around. Rather than seeing early access as a way to improve games, it's a marketing gimmick to inflate the price and sell the game avoiding critical eyes, which impact sales.

All that time in early access and did PA deliver? According to pretty much every fan review i'v read, not at all.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

The Planetary Annihilation team is not working on this game.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lawlessx

@uninspiredcup said:

Stealth browsing the steam forums i'v seem some of the most absolutely ridiculous shit from early access developers overcharging like mad. "We made a promise to our backers and wont betray our principles".

By playing an unreleased game i.e. alpha/beta you are doing the developers a service, not the other way around. Rather than seeing early access as a way to improve games, it's a marketing gimmick to inflate the price and sell the game avoiding critical eyes, which impact sales.

All that time in early access and did PA deliver? According to pretty much every fan review i'v read, not at all.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this. The reason why the Alpha/Beta build of PA was $90/$60 was to match the price of the amount that backers had to pledge to get the same exact package. Its the same deal for every other game on steam that had a kickstarter promising the same rewards. If Its not rocket science ..except for the steam community that have a funny idea in their heads that they're gods. people are STILL treating early access and kickstarter as if its a fancy way of preordering games..its not. You're putting money into the creation of a video game..if you don't like the amount they ask for they simply dont pay it.

"pretty much every fan review i've read" so you're saying you simply just avoided ALL of the reviewers that liked it then?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

I don't see them reaching their goal.

Which is a shame, because there are like 0 RTS coming out anymore.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: There is Grey Goo coming. Which is a RTS that I am looking forward to.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online

@Lach0121: Yup, looking forward to Grey Goo

Petroglyph made some great games. It's been a while since I played something from them

There are also expansions for COH 2 and SC 2 coming out. So there is still some games being made in the genre, just way less than I would like.

This used to be a genre that was the face of PC gaming, and now it's close to extinction :'(

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts

Looks cool but you shouldn't trust these guys. Lesson learned with Planetary Annihilation.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lach0121

@R4gn4r0k: Yea, it is a sickening trend I would have to agree.

Hopefully Grey Goo will be some sort of "muse" and spark some inspiration of other developers to make some cool RTS games. I mean some of the devs on the team are the "godfathers" of the RTS genre with franchises like Command and Conquer (including RA), and Dune. So it has happened once already.

As far as Planetary Annihilation, I bought it, but haven't really played it. I am waiting till I build my new rig. (I am still on Vista, and there are some mouse problems with PA and Vista 64) I haven't even heard of this new one in the OP.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k  Online

@Lach0121 said:

Hopefully Grey Goo will be some sort of "muse" and spark some inspiration of other developers to make some cool RTS games. I mean some of the devs on the team are the "godfathers" of the RTS genre with franchises like Command and Conquer (including RA), and Dune. So it has happened once already.

As far as Planetary Annihilation, I bought it, but haven't really played it. I am waiting till I build my new rig. (I am still on Vista, and there are some mouse problems with PA and Vista 64) I haven't even heard of this new one in the OP.

I'll definitely check out grey goo. I've been watching some gameplay and it looks interesting.

Still need to get PA myself. I've been playing a lot of COH since the past year to get my RTS fix. It's pretty great, give it a try if you haven't.

I'm also holding out hope there will some day be an Age of Empires IV, since that is the series that brought me into RTS in the first place :)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lawlessx

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Lach0121 said:

I'll definitely check out grey goo. I've been watching some gameplay and it looks interesting.

Still need to get PA myself. I've been playing a lot of COH since the past year to get my RTS fix. It's pretty great, give it a try if you haven't.

I'm also holding out hope there will some day be an Age of Empires IV, since that is the series that brought me into RTS in the first place :)

i was in the last beta test for grey goo.

Game needed ALOT of work when it came to balancing units and the tech tree was really barebones compared to their previous titles

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lach0121

@lawlessx: Hopefully that it isn't the same with final release.