Two New Titans - GTX Titan Ultra and GTX Titan LE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_ultra_and_gtx_titan_le.html

There have been several rumors for a while now that NVIDIA would be building an LE version of the GeForce GTX Titan. We can now expand that even further, as it seems there will be two new models release. An even faster Ultra edition and thus the cheaper LE edition. German website 3dcenter claims that the GeForce GTX TITAN LE has 2496 Shader cores, 208 TMUs, 40 ROPs, and a 320-bit wide memory interface (5120 MB memory.) The tertiary GK110 product would then be the GeForce  GTX TITAN Ultra.

The Ultra would be a small upgrade for the 'regular' Titan, opening up one disabled SMX cluster bringing 2880 Shader cores with 240 TMUs towards the Ultra.

There remains a lot of speculation of course, but this could mean the Titan LE at  599 USD. The Original Titan at 799 USD, and the GeForce Titan Ultra at 999 USD.

EDIT - Supposedly Summer 2013 for LE and Q4 2013 for Ultra.

#2 Posted by mastershake575 (8359 posts) -

These new Titans are kinda pointless. The LE is being released right around the time as the 780 so the performance gap isn't going to be much at all and the Ultra is coming out about half a year before the maxwells...... (games aren't very demanding so most people are probably just going to wait and get the new architecture).

Just start making more regular Titans and sell them cheaper ($700)

#3 Posted by homeboylizard (1289 posts) -

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_ultra_and_gtx_titan_le.html

There have been several rumors for a while now that NVIDIA would be building an LE version of the GeForce GTX Titan. We can now expand that even further, as it seems there will be two new models release. An even faster Ultra edition and thus the cheaper LE edition. German website 3dcenter claims that the GeForce GTX TITAN LE has 2496 Shader cores, 208 TMUs, 40 ROPs, and a 320-bit wide memory interface (5120 MB memory.) The tertiary GK110 product would then be the GeForce  GTX TITAN Ultra.

The Ultra would be a small upgrade for the 'regular' Titan, opening up one disabled SMX cluster bringing 2880 Shader cores with 240 TMUs towards the Ultra.

There remains a lot of speculation of course, but this could mean the Titan LE at  599 USD. The Original Titan at 799 USD, and the GeForce Titan Ultra at 999 USD.FaustArp

Somebody on EVGA forums says Q4 2013.

Probably 1 more SMX and Ultra slapped before Titan=1499$.
#4 Posted by General_X (9073 posts) -
Uh oh, burning the enthusiast early adopters. Mid-range for life lol.
#5 Posted by abuabed (6606 posts) -
That's great news! I could get a highly modified GTX Titan LE (TwinFrozr) which if ever released should match the performance of a regular Titan for much less :D
#6 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

At that price i'm not sure if I should get a 7950 or wait and spend double that for the Titan LE. :?

#7 Posted by kraken2109 (13181 posts) -

It will be interesting to see how they compare with the 700 series

#8 Posted by LordEC911 (9972 posts) -

hope this will do raytracing haha 999 omfglegalize82
GPUs still have a few orders of magnitude to go before real raytracing at any modern resolution is possible.

#9 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4312 posts) -
I just hope they don't handicap the 700's to make the Titan range look better
#10 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Is the GTX Titan LE or equivalent the new high-end? $700 range. If so, dang. I prefer the $500 range. If so, I'll be looking into AMD's offerings next-gen. :-P
#11 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -
Is the GTX Titan LE or equivalent the new high-end? $700 range. If so, dang. I prefer the $500 range. If so, I'll be looking into AMD's offerings next-gen. :-PElann2008
I'm starting to be wonder about nVidia a bit myself. Is their strategy now to release 45 cards a year in hopes that people will buy one of them? :P Also didn't they just release a handheld as well?
#12 Posted by legalize82 (2293 posts) -
hope this will do raytracing haha 999 omfg
#13 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Is the GTX Titan LE or equivalent the new high-end? $700 range. If so, dang. I prefer the $500 range. If so, I'll be looking into AMD's offerings next-gen. :-PFaustArp
I'm starting to be wonder about nVidia a bit myself. Is their strategy now to release 45 cards a year in hopes that people will buy one of them? :P Also didn't they just release a handheld as well?

Yup. Nvidia pushed the release date for Project Shield to June 2013. I wonder what's going on with Nvidia too. All I can say is, it'll be an interesting 2013-2014.
#14 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6090 posts) -

so im confused, what is the point of titan when the 700 series is coming out?  Money grab perhaps to screw over the enthusiasts?  Well, enthusiasts got bent over and royally screwed two ways by nvidia :lol:  First release the titan, then 3 months later drop the price and release a higher end titan.  This is why you never buy something when it first comes out a philosophy I follow in life and its served me well so far to keep my bank account in the black.

#15 Posted by tionmedon (468 posts) -

they need 2 focus on quality not quantity...................

#16 Posted by andmcq (247 posts) -

so im confused, what is the point of titan when the 700 series is coming out?  Money grab perhaps to screw over the enthusiasts?  Well, enthusiasts got bent over and royally screwed two ways by nvidia :lol:  First release the titan, then 3 months later drop the price and release a higher end titan.  This is why you never buy something when it first comes out a philosophy I follow in life and its served me well so far to keep my bank account in the black.

blaznwiipspman1
Most Titan owners could probably quiet easily afford to sell their Titans and upgrade if they wanted. You don't buy $1000 cards without understanding how quickly this industry moves. Not that the Titans will be out-of-date any time soon though.
#17 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -
[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

andmcq
Most Titan owners could probably quiet easily afford to sell their Titans and upgrade if they wanted. You don't buy $1000 cards without understanding how quickly this industry moves. Not that the Titans will be out-of-date any time soon though.

^This. Except I think we at least thought it would be the high-end until Maxwell. I don't think anyone expected to shell out $1k per card and then nVidia one-up us later that year. Oh well it's not like the Titan is becoming slower. :P
#18 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4060 posts) -
GTX Titan Ultra you say?... If the performance between that and a GTX 680 is double then I may just sell my GTX 680 and get a Titan Ultra by the end of the year.
#19 Posted by LordEC911 (9972 posts) -

GTX Titan Ultra you say?... If the performance between that and a GTX 680 is double then I may just sell my GTX 680 and get a Titan Ultra by the end of the year.Grey_Eyed_Elf

It won't be. My guess is maybe ~10-15% over a regular Titan duw to the extra SMX and added clockspeed.

FYI- They will probably just price the Ultra above the Titan, thanks to the DP capability.
I'm really starting to think that they will just be using GK114 as GTX780 and keep all GK110 as Titans, well for the consumer graphics market. 

#20 Posted by clyde46 (47267 posts) -

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]GTX Titan Ultra you say?... If the performance between that and a GTX 680 is double then I may just sell my GTX 680 and get a Titan Ultra by the end of the year.LordEC911

It won't be. My guess is maybe ~10-15% over a regular Titan duw to the extra SMX and added clockspeed.

FYI- They will probably just price the Ultra above the Titan, thanks to the DP capability.
I'm really starting to think that they will just be using GK114 as GTX780 and keep all GK110 as Titans, well for the consumer graphics market. 

I think these new Titans are Nvidia's way of getting rid of those GK110 chips.