Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 awax187187
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

Hi

I want to go triple screen purely for car racing, I already have a LG 144hz monitor but are worth like 500 each so don't want to spend another 1000 so you reckon these would be alright together LG 24M47VQ-P each side and the one i have now is LG 24GM77-B?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Your side monitors will refresh at 60hz compared to your center monitor at 144hz. You will also have a colour difference since they are different panels.

Now the question is; can you use two of those monitors? Yes you can. Should you? It depends on how picky you are. The side monitors are pretty much just peripheral vision displays, so you might not notice the difference.

I use to have a triple monitor set-up but I don't recommend them anymore. Much better and practical to buy an single ultra wide monitor.

I would say that 33% of the far left monitor and 33% of the far right monitor is a waste since the image is so stretched, it doesn't make a difference. It is also a waste in GPU resources.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@ShadowDeathX said:

Your side monitors will refresh at 60hz compared to your center monitor at 144hz. You will also have a colour difference since they are different panels.

Now the question is; can you use two of those monitors? Yes you can. Should you? It depends on how picky you are. The side monitors are pretty much just peripheral vision displays, so you might not notice the difference.

I use to have a triple monitor set-up but I don't recommend them anymore. Much better and practical to buy an single ultra wide monitor.

I would say that 33% of the far left monitor and 33% of the far right monitor is a waste since the image is so stretched, it doesn't make a difference. It is also a waste in GPU resources.

In Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround mode each monitor will only run at the highest common resolution/refresh rate, so if the other monitors are 60hz then the center monitor will only run at 60hz. They only run at different refresh rates if you run them each as separate monitors, which most games will not support if you want to use more than one monitor (i.e. the game natively supports multiple displays instead of relying on Surround/Eyefinity to present all thee as a single monitor).

-Byshop

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

Just make sure your rig is up for it. Pushing 3 monitors at respectable framerates is not easy.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

Not a good idea considering the difference between refresh rate, viewing angles and response time will differ. If you really want triple monitor sell your current one and get three identical ones.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShadowDeathX

@Byshop said:
@ShadowDeathX said:

In Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround mode each monitor will only run at the highest common resolution/refresh rate, so if the other monitors are 60hz then the center monitor will only run at 60hz. They only run at different refresh rates if you run them each as separate monitors, which most games will not support if you want to use more than one monitor (i.e. the game natively supports multiple displays instead of relying on Surround/Eyefinity to present all thee as a single monitor).

-Byshop

Yeah... I remembered that a few hours ago. lol

awax187187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 awax187187
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

@ShadowDeathX: What about triple ultra wide monitors HEY HEY HEY

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShadowDeathX

@awax187187 said:

If you want. You can get some 29 Inch 2560 x 1080 Ultra Wide monitors for less than $300. So $900 total? Not bad.

But useless and dumb.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

If you really want to run triple monitors, I would not recommend running different models with significantly different specifications if the plan is to buy monitors you don't already have. If you've got em all, go ahead and hook it up but don't plan on buying monitors of different models because you may not be happy with the result.

Also, as mentioned, running at 7560x1440-type resolutions takes a pretty beefy system.

-Byshop

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@awax187187 said:

Hi

I want to go triple screen purely for car racing, I already have a LG 144hz monitor but are worth like 500 each so don't want to spend another 1000 so you reckon these would be alright together LG 24M47VQ-P each side and the one i have now is LG 24GM77-B?

I would say sell your current screen and get 3 identical monitors; you had to think about that before purchasing a 500$ monitor.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs239hp 3 of these will be good, try searching for narrow bezel. like this monitor: http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Monitors_Projectors/VN247H/ (167$ each)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

@ShadowDeathX said:
@awax187187 said:

If you want. You can get some 29 Inch 2560 x 1080 Ultra Wide monitors for less than $300. So $900 total? Not bad.

But useless and dumb.

There is also 34inch 3440*1440. I got one and that is enough.